Please, please explain to me how people can defend no online at this day and age

#21NyyarkPosted 12/12/2012 2:06:16 PM
I'm not feeling the lack of online, I'm sorry you are TC. I'm not defending it other than saying perhaps nintendo realizes there are more of me buying stuff like Nintendo Land than you. Sorry your demographic is too small for them to care about.

I am sincere in my sympathy, as my personal demographic of Zelda II being my favorite Zelda is not catered to either, so I know what it's like being in a gaming minority. I just think it makes sense for companies to spend money in ways that make them more money, and don't really mind when it turns out there aren't enough of me to make more money.
#22TriforceBunPosted 12/12/2012 2:08:30 PM
The original post makes the assumption that adding an online mode into Nintendo Land would take no effort, time, or money.

In fact, when it comes to developing games, you have to determine what takes priority. For Nintendo Land, the developers focused on other aspects of the title and felt that on online mode wouldn't be as integral to the experience. Given the fact that many of the multiplayer games in the package are intrinsically reliant on people interacting in the same room, I have to agree.

The original topic also assumes that every game is better with an online mode, and that's another area where I disagree. Many games don't "need" an online mode any more than many games "need" multiplayer, or a deep story, or some other arbitrary checkpoint on a list that can be marked. It's up to individual developers to determine where they want their focus to be when making a game, an NL's designers opted to focus on a quality local multiplayer experience.
---
My Kirby/Smash comics: www.brawlinthefamily.com
Mother 3 = Game of the Year 2006
#23SnakePawsPosted 12/12/2012 2:08:33 PM
However having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land is a great thing to do once a week.

What adults that actually have jobs and lives get together once a week to play Nintendo Land? Are you ****ing serious?
#24HeaderHogPosted 12/12/2012 2:08:44 PM
Baha05 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Indeed. But that is not always possible, online would solve this problem.

Except it really wouldn't. You'd still have to set up a time or day to get together online to play it.

"Hey, Lindsey, Ya wanna play some Nintendo Land?"
"Sorry, babe, I can't tonight. I have to work at the mall tonight."
"Oh."

Later That Night...

"Hello, random person #10... Pleas hit that Bulborb. I can't."
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#25DiscostewSMPosted 12/12/2012 2:12:29 PM
"Hey Dad. Can we play video games with you?"

"Sorry kids, I'm playing with a bunch of random people online that I don't know, so I'm too busy for you."
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#261shadetail1Posted 12/12/2012 2:12:58 PM
SnakePaws posted...
However having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land is a great thing to do once a week.

What adults that actually have jobs and lives get together once a week to play Nintendo Land? Are you ****ing serious?

Yes, he is serious. Are you really such a dried-up stick in the mud that you are incapable of imagining people doing that?
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#27Darth_ElusivePosted 12/12/2012 2:13:52 PM
Bioshock has no online and it is perfectly fine.
Bioshock 2 has online but it is not that good.
Bioshock Infinite will have no online. Personally I don't care as long as the main champagne is done well.

My point is, even for a FPS throwing in online doesn't necessarily make it better.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#28Baha05Posted 12/12/2012 2:14:42 PM
HeaderHog posted...
"Oh."

Later That Night...

Yup because playing with randoms will be the same thing as playing with close friends.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#29MegaWinFTWPosted 12/12/2012 2:15:59 PM
There is no defending it. The simple truth is that if a game is multiplayer centric then to omit any online options and only offer local is just plain stupid.

However a disturbingly large proportion of this board seem to think that it's totally impossible to continue liking Nintendo products while also admitting their faults. This is a glaring and undeniable problem and just goes to show that Nintendo still doesn't "get" online at all, however the more their fanbase makes excuses the less inclined Nintendo will be to actually improve.

Someone in this topic even said that the demographic for online multiplayer was small, what kind of rock do you have to be living under to honestly think that?
#30HeaderHogPosted 12/12/2012 2:16:30 PM
Baha05 posted...
HeaderHog posted...
"Oh."

Later That Night...

Yup because playing with randoms will be the same thing as playing with close friends.

You do realize that was what I was getting at, riiiight?
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.