Please, please explain to me how people can defend no online at this day and age

#61Baha05Posted 12/12/2012 2:07:14 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
And like I said

THIS IS EASY, AND NOT AN ISSUE.

You also need hands, a brain, a television, eyeballs. None of these are an issue, so you continuously bringing it up is pointless.

I repeat for the 100th time. Me and my friends do not have this issue. The only issue that we have is being able to play together and this is what online solves.

Without online it would not be possible. With online it is possible. What part of this do you not understand????

Maybe easy for you but for others it's not going to be easy and there will be conflicts in times you can all play together. Again making Online still have issues in terms of playing with friends.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#62NyyarkPosted 12/12/2012 2:08:22 PM
MegaWinFTW posted...

Show me a console party game/mini game compilation from the last generation that has any sort of demographic outside of Nintendo Land and Mario Party which both only lacked online multiplayer because of Nintendo's resistance to it.

Online multiplayer has become huge over the last 5 years, if you think there wouldn't be anything to be gained from just allowing the option for games that are multiplayer centric then you're either blind or lying to yourself. Does letting people who can't play it locally actually have the ability to enjoy the multiplayer upset you that much?

I won't because there isn't one. (maybe because they wasted their money on online multiplayer instead of other things like offline game design) The only people who know how to make games like that that sell to any demographic seems to be Nintendo, and as part of that demographic does buy those kinds of games I know I don't care about online.

You are conjecturing that you know more than the leading producer of a genre how that genre is best designed and how they should invest their money in design. You have no historical data, no analytical data, and yet you try and make the argument that you are a reliable source of information.

My defense of the decision is that any addition to any game costs money, and the only people who seem to be making money on this kind of game don't want to spend it that way. Perhaps most of the people who buy the game don't want them to either.

I said I felt bad for TC. I do. But I also don't think there are enough of people like TC to make spending the money to cater to TC's preference worthwhile. For my reasoning see above.
#63Paulf001Posted 12/12/2012 2:10:32 PM
The production cost of any game having online mutiplayer goes way up. Nintendo would have to maintain a server for online play.

You could say the same thing with NSMB why no online multiplayer?

Bottom line is profits. Costs them more to program and they they are paying server costs for the life of the game until they decide to shut down the server. Nintendo is big about saving money whenever they can.
#64Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/12/2012 2:15:22 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
And like I said

THIS IS EASY, AND NOT AN ISSUE.

You also need hands, a brain, a television, eyeballs. None of these are an issue, so you continuously bringing it up is pointless.

I repeat for the 100th time. Me and my friends do not have this issue. The only issue that we have is being able to play together and this is what online solves.

Without online it would not be possible. With online it is possible. What part of this do you not understand????

Maybe easy for you but for others it's not going to be easy and there will be conflicts in times you can all play together. Again making Online still have issues in terms of playing with friends.

So now you are arguing a point that nobody has said anything about?

OBVIOUSLY online multiplayer has the same issues that local multiplayer has. Nobody said otherwise.

But it allows for opportunity that are simply not possible with local only. And this is why gamers want it.

Can't play with your friends because they are far away? Play online. PROBLEM SOLVED. If you have issues scheduling time to play then you would have the same issues with local as well..
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#65Solid_SOAPPosted 12/12/2012 2:14:47 PM
Baha05 posted...

Apparently not because playing online with friends was one of, if not the biggest innovation in mainstream gaming last generation. Your argument has no basis because there are millions of gamers out there playing with friends, it isn't difficult. Kids, adults, young adults, whoever. I know high schoolers who play online, and I know married men and women who play online. It's not difficult.
#66Baha05Posted 12/12/2012 2:18:17 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

OBVIOUSLY online multiplayer has the same issues that local multiplayer has. Nobody said otherwise.

But it allows for opportunity that are simply not possible with local only. And this is why gamers want it.

Except the issue was already brought up, finding time to play a game together. Online of Offline it has the same issue of finding time to play with friends. Online only makes the issue a little better to deal with if you have friends with the same game and console.

Solid_SOAP posted...
Apparently not because playing online with friends was one of, if not the biggest innovation in mainstream gaming last generation. Your argument has no basis because there are millions of gamers out there playing with friends, it isn't difficult. Kids, adults, young adults, whoever. I know high schoolers who play online, and I know married men and women who play online. It's not difficult.

Yeah if you again have friends with enough free time it's not difficult, but again online still has limitations too, mainly time issues and if you guys even have the same games, system, etc. There are also issues in online itself with lag, disconnecting from the game, and other issues.
---
#67MegaWinFTWPosted 12/12/2012 2:19:08 PM
Baha05 posted...
Development time and costs for one, two figuring out if the other players would use the Game Pad or WiiMote, not to mention issues with online gaming could be present. Like people dropping out of games or lag, etc. A number of things could damage the game with online, at the same time for other games no having online can be damaging too, it's just Nintendo Land really isn't one of those games that can really get damaged by either, it just sits in the middle, adding online doesn't hurt it but it wouldn't really benefit it either and not having it wouldn't really hurt either outside people that have no friends to play with.

Development time and costs would be a complete non-issue seeing as the difficult part, actually creating the core multiplayer, was already done. The benefits would far outweigh the time and money it would have taken up and those other issues would be incredibly easy to work around, you just choose which control method you would like to use and you'd be connected to a game that had you using that one and lag is an unavoidable issue for online multiplayer, it's to be expected, however with decent enough netcode it can be minimised.

It also seems rather arrogant to totally dismiss and almost belittle anyone who isn't able to play locally as if they don't matter just because it isn't an issue for you. Saying it wouldn't hurt the game because it wouldn't hurt it for you is just unfair.

Nyyark posted...
I won't because there isn't one. (maybe because they wasted their money on online multiplayer instead of other things like offline game design) The only people who know how to make games like that that sell to any demographic seems to be Nintendo, and as part of that demographic does buy those kinds of games I know I don't care about online.

You are conjecturing that you know more than the leading producer of a genre how that genre is best designed and how they should invest their money in design. You have no historical data, no analytical data, and yet you try and make the argument that you are a reliable source of information.

My defense of the decision is that any addition to any game costs money, and the only people who seem to be making money on this kind of game don't want to spend it that way. Perhaps most of the people who buy the game don't want them to either.

I said I felt bad for TC. I do. But I also don't think there are enough of people like TC to make spending the money to cater to TC's preference worthwhile. For my reasoning see above.

It's hardly wasted money if the player base has shown a massive preference for online multiplayer as opposed to local. It's become quite clear that you're defending a stupid choice because you find the concept of criticising Nintendo when they deserve it a painful one. These sorts of games would only benefit from online multiplayer and that much is incredibly obvious, your excuses are flimsy and I sincerely doubt even you actually believe them.
#68Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/12/2012 2:23:17 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Except the issue was already brought up, finding time to play a game together. Online of Offline it has the same issue of finding time to play with friends. Online only makes the issue a little better to deal with if you have friends with the same game and console.

What is your point? Obviously if you cant find time to play video games, then you cant play video games. How is this a knock against online gaming, and how does not having online on your game benefit in this situation?

Can't play with your friends because they are far away? Play online. PROBLEM SOLVED. If you have issues scheduling time to play then you would have the same issues with local as well..
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#69Solid_SOAPPosted 12/12/2012 2:27:14 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
Yeah if you again have friends with enough free time it's not difficult, but again online still has limitations too, mainly time issues and if you guys even have the same games, system, etc. There are also issues in online itself with lag, disconnecting from the game, and other issues.

Okay? Not everyone has time for video games, there's an exception to everything. You are proving nothing other than the fact that people with different life styles exist. No one's gonna pay $300 plus additional fees for online for a system and feature they never use.

It sounds to me like you've never played an online game in your life. It's not everyone's cup of tea (Hell, I don't play games online anymore because as it turns out, I do have time and prefer to play locally), but why remove the option for those who want it? Maybe not for Nintendo Land, but for a game like NSMBU it'd be easy to incorporated online play, and I have a lot of friends that, if they had a Wii U, would love to play with me while we're all away at school.
#70Baha05Posted 12/12/2012 2:30:51 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
What is your point? Obviously if you cant find time to play video games, then you cant play video games. How is this a knock against online gaming, and how does not having online on your game benefit in this situation?

My point is not everyone will find the time to play video games together on or offline. I'm not knocking Online, I'm saying that even with online there is still going to be SOME form of possible trouble playing with friends. Online doesn't magic away the issue, it only makes the issue a lot easy to get around.

Solid_SOAP posted...
Okay? Not everyone has time for video games, there's an exception to everything. You are proving nothing other than the fact that people with different life styles exist. No one's gonna pay $300 plus additional fees for online for a system and feature they never use.

It sounds to me like you've never played an online game in your life. It's not everyone's cup of tea (Hell, I don't play games online anymore because as it turns out, I do have time and prefer to play locally), but why remove the option for those who want it? Maybe not for Nintendo Land, but for a game like NSMBU it'd be easy to incorporated online play, and I have a lot of friends that, if they had a Wii U, would love to play with me while we're all away at school.

Read my above reply, again I'm saying that online doesn't magic away issues with finding time to play together. You can still play video games and play online when you do have free time but there are still going to be some form of issues.

CoD 4, most of the Halos, BF 1943, Orange Box, TF2 on the PC, Borderlands, I've played plenty of online games, though with some of my friends and people I play with they tend to be busy at certain times. Again Online doesn't magic away life, sometimes some people might find they don't have the time to play one day.
---