Are Wii U power supplies sold separately?

#1milhouseVHPosted 12/12/2012 2:37:37 PM
Since the Gamepad doesn't have enough range to make it to my bedroom, I'm thinking if I buy a second power supply, I can just rip the console out of the media unit and take it upstairs, and leave all the cables behind it intact, all I'd need is a second power supply and a second HDMI, WiFi will still be there, etc.

Nintendo, in their infinite freaking stupidness decided to switch which corner of the power connector has the little triangular cut-out, so I can't use my old Wii power supply, and Amazon UK don't seem to sell Wii U supplies.

Any idea if I can get an additional transformer and power supply, and if so, where I might find it?
---
Did you see that movie where they send a nuclear submarine to fight the piranhas, and one of them swims right down the periscope and bites the guy in the eye?
#2mozilla345Posted 12/12/2012 2:39:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3MiraiLinkPosted 12/12/2012 2:39:39 PM
Check Nintendo's website. They sell multiple parts.
---
RIP CITY!
Now Playing: videos games
#4DiscostewSMPosted 12/12/2012 2:40:48 PM
They aren't the same power configurations. The point of having the plug different is to prevent people from using the wrong type. Just look at the power block of the Wii U version vs the Wii version. The Wii U one is larger.

But, you can buy additional ones if you want. Just go to Nintendo's online store, or see if your local stored have them.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5milhouseVH(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 2:43:00 PM
Being dumb, can't find the UK online spare parts page. Anyone wanna find it for me?
---
Did you see that movie where they send a nuclear submarine to fight the piranhas, and one of them swims right down the periscope and bites the guy in the eye?
#6MiraiLinkPosted 12/12/2012 3:00:04 PM(edited)
http://nos.nintendo-europe.com/?locale=en_GB

Since I'm in the US, I checked the price of the power adapter for the console and it's expensive. $42 for it at their online store. I say just take the power adapter with you.
---
RIP CITY!
#7TheStarCorePosted 12/12/2012 8:36:05 PM
milhouseVH posted...

Nintendo, in their infinite freaking stupidness decided to switch which corner of the power connector has the little triangular cut-out, so I can't use my old Wii power supply, and Amazon UK don't seem to sell Wii U supplies.

You'd probably not be too happy watching your Wii U break by using an inadequate power cable. They're not the same damn cable for a reason, not just to annoy you.
#8milhouseVH(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:35:55 AM
Heh, four items in their store, two of which are drastically over-priced SD cards, and two of which are 3DS power adapters.

Guess I'll phone 'em.
---
#9milhouseVH(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:45:40 AM
And of course, they're not selling them, and have no idea when they will be.

Awesome. Nice job, Nintendo.
---
#10MiraiLinkPosted 12/13/2012 12:58:19 AM
Yeah the UK store is terribly under stocked compared to the American/Canadian one.
---
RIP CITY!