Kotaku: Most of Early 2013's Biggest Games Seem to be Skipping the Wii U

#1mistermerkPosted 12/12/2012 3:58:28 PM
http://kotaku.com/5967668/most-of-early-2013s-biggest-games-seem-to-be-skipping-wii-u

Kotaku reached out to a number of devs concerning their intended support for the Wii U for the early part of this year. It's definitely looking bleak for Wii U third-party support after the launch titles. It doesn't help that many of the third-party launch games don't seem to he selling particularly well (not ALL Nintendo's fault there).
#2DiscostewSMPosted 12/12/2012 3:59:02 PM
"no plans" != "never"
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3ADHDguitarPosted 12/12/2012 4:00:09 PM
Most of these games were already in development/being planned for the Xbox and the PS3.

Think about these things before jumping on the bandwagon.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4-Damien-Posted 12/12/2012 4:01:38 PM
Wii U just can't catch a break

One bad news after another
#5mistermerk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 4:08:39 PM(edited)
DiscostewSM posted...
"no plans" != "never"

Hence the word "seem" in the topic title. "No plans", however, certainly means there's no intentions of bringing those games to the Wii U. There's no spinning that. I don't doubt that some of these games will be released on the Wii U....eventually, as a money-grab, but it will be too little too late.
#6The_DjokerPosted 12/12/2012 4:03:29 PM
They might come out on Wii U. but much later. Which is pointless because they'll sell like crap.

3rd party games o nwii U have sold like crap for 3 obvious reasons

1) Wii U's install base is tiny
2) Noone is going to buy wii U for those games. IT's either Mario or Nintendoland.
3) They already came out on cheaper systems and are cheaper except AC3 and COD. Batman GOTY is $30 and ME3 is $30 new. DS II is cheaper, so is every other multiplat.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#7monsterlunchboxPosted 12/12/2012 4:03:35 PM
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.
#8RedOrionPosted 12/12/2012 4:04:27 PM
-Damien- posted...
Wii U just can't catch a break

One bad news after another

So true, my friend told me it also explodes after 32 hours of continued use. Not looking good with all these bad news.
#9GeminiX7Posted 12/12/2012 4:06:21 PM
monsterlunchbox posted...
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.

Doesn't sound bitter at all... no, not one bit.

Seriously, I assume you don't care and aren't just reassuring yourself, bbut if thats the case, why even respond to this obvious attempt at trolling. Going "Well we don't even care about your stupid games, so nyah!" whenever someone mentions they aren't coming to the WiiU sounds alittle... ingenuine.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#10mistermerk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 4:06:56 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Most of these games were already in development/being planned for the Xbox and the PS3.

Think about these things before jumping on the bandwagon.

Developers have known about the Wii U for years and could have started development on a Wii U version had they wanted. We knew about the Wii U before e3 2011; devs way before that. If Mass Effect 3 can be ported to the Wii U that quickly with such a small team, and BLOPS 2 basically released alongside the PS3/360 versions, there's no reason these devs couldn't have a Wii U port ready in 2013 unless they simply don't want to.