Kotaku: Most of Early 2013's Biggest Games Seem to be Skipping the Wii U

#11WizardlyOhioPosted 12/12/2012 3:09:52 PM
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.

Well for those of us who aren't close-minded, this is bad news.

I hope third party improves soon, my PC can at least run most of those games though.
#12jackorhoadsPosted 12/12/2012 3:19:47 PM
Darn I was hoping for a Halo 4 and God of War port...
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#1340DribylfPosted 12/12/2012 3:38:03 PM
These games have been in development for years, long before the Wii U devkits were sent out and wouldn't be optimized for the Wii U anyway.

It's no surprise that these games aren't coming out for the Wii U, in fact, it should be bloody obvious that they're not coming out for the Wii U.

Why are people treating this as some sort of negative? You have an Xbox 360 and PS3, as do I. I'm getting those those games on my Xbox 360 (Bioshock Infinite on PC, hopefully).

The Wii U will have its own library in the coming years.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#14DemonDog666Posted 12/12/2012 3:42:22 PM
monsterlunchbox posted...
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.

Normally I'd point out how pathetic you are being and that you are closed minded and obviously have no idea what you are talking about, but even though those things are true you're kinda right. The only game on that list that look promising to me is remember me. Though Injustice: Gods Among Us and Tomb raider do peak my interest looking at things more objectively I feel they are probably not going to turn out good and that I'm just being biased in their favor since I like batman and DC universe and tomb raider used to be my favorite series.

Though that said it's not like WiiU is getting Xcom Enemy Unknown, Ni no kuni, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls 2 either so...
#15RahzarXPosted 12/12/2012 3:45:17 PM
40Dribylf posted...
These games have been in development for years, long before the Wii U devkits were sent out and wouldn't be optimized for the Wii U anyway.

It's no surprise that these games aren't coming out for the Wii U, in fact, it should be bloody obvious that they're not coming out for the Wii U.

Why are people treating this as some sort of negative? You have an Xbox 360 and PS3, as do I. I'm getting those those games on my Xbox 360 (Bioshock Infinite on PC, hopefully).

The Wii U will have its own library in the coming years.

This.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#1640DribylfPosted 12/12/2012 3:45:53 PM
Games like Remember Me, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, and Bioshock Infinite aren't really worth getting on the Xbox 360/PS3 when the PC versions look so so so so so much better.

I'm building a PC just for those games and more
---
I am hip
#17ArmoredJPosted 12/12/2012 3:46:38 PM
Wii U needs more games, it's looking like it's going to go through a bigger drought than the original Wii.
---
CDayC: The Day GameFAQs United
#1840DribylfPosted 12/12/2012 3:48:08 PM
Wii U needs more games, it's looking like it's going to go through a bigger drought than the original Wii.

Should be a given tbqh
---
I am hip
#19cavebear56Posted 12/12/2012 3:53:49 PM(edited)
ADHDguitar posted...
Most of these games were already in development/being planned for the Xbox and the PS3.

Think about these things before jumping on the bandwagon.

This amongst other logical reasons but the trolls (such as the TC) decide to automatically throw reason and logic out the window to nurture an alternative reailty.

A reality where gravity is a legend and doesn't exist, much like an IQ over 80. It's a horrible place where they ram into one anothers head much like the pachycephalosaurs most likely did.

They gain nourishment not from food and water but from attention and jealousy. Like a swarm of locusts they carry the very essence of average and intelligent people into the ranks of the dim witted.

Beewear.

Beware.//.3

Oh and, thanks for the link, I read it and found it great.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#20MegagunstarmanPosted 12/12/2012 3:54:26 PM
deja vu
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11