Kotaku: Most of Early 2013's Biggest Games Seem to be Skipping the Wii U

#3140DribylfPosted 12/12/2012 4:29:33 PM
So were games like NG3, Mass Effect 3, Darksiders 2, BLOPS 2, Batman Arkham City, AC III, etc. and those games still came to the Wii U. Devs have known about the Wii U since before e3 2011. If they wanted to put their games on the Wii U, the fact that the games were already in development on the 360/PS3 wouldn't stop them.

And all of those ports, sans maybe Black Ops 2 and AC3, are mediocre ports

It's for the best that those games aren't coming out for the Wii U.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#32MetazoiddPosted 12/12/2012 4:33:03 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
monsterlunchbox posted...
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is better than any game released on the Wii U thus far.

X-COM: UFO Defense is better than any game released on PS3 XBOX 360 or wii.
#33Muljo StphoPosted 12/12/2012 5:19:16 PM
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.

I wasn't going to try to insult them but I'm with you there.

I noticed that somebody in the comments laughed about the mention of Wii U getting Rayman, Lego City, Pikmin, and Game & Wario and that just made me think "What are you laughing at? I'm far more interested in any of those (Lego City and Pikmin in particular) over most of the games that the article mentioned." Oh, and let's not forget Wonderful 101 as well.

Aliens: Colonial Marines? I haven't heard of it. Wait... Aliens like the movie Aliens. I actually haven't seen anything in that series.

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel? I think I've seen the name before. FPS, right? Chances are that I wouldn't be interested.

BioShock Infinite? I actually just picked up the first game earlier this year when I bought on Steam for the first time during this year's summer sales. I need to finish playing through that first before I move on to the next one, and I'll probably just keep an eye out for more Steam sales for that.

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2? I doubt that I'd care. Castlevania has never looked interesting to me.

Crysis 3? 3? When the hell was there a second one? Anyway, as I understand it Crysis is a FPS specifically designed as more of a tech demo for their high end graphics and physics engine, isn't it? Pass.

Dead Island Riptide? ... No clue at all here, so no comment.

Dead Space 3? I haven't played the first one (or even the on-rails spinoff that the Wii got). I'd have to check that out first. I don't know that I really care to at this point though.

DmC? Devil May Cry? Never played 'em, never cared to try them out.

Fuse? No idea, no comment.

Grand Theft Auto 5? Bleh. I tried a little bit of 3 and Vice City and I got sick of them both within an hour of trying to play normally and another hour of ****ing around with cheats. I also tried 4 for a bit once and I got sick and tired of it in about half an hour. I will pass on this.

Injustice: Gods Among Us? Which one was this? Is this the DC characters fighting game? I don't generally care for fighting games but I suppose it would be interesting to check it out at some point just for that.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? I liked MGS and ran through it several times. I liked MGS2 and ran through it several times as well. I couldn't stand MGS3 and I couldn't force myself to finish it once. I haven't had a chance to try out MGS4 yet but it seemed like the series was moving even further into the direction that made me not care for MGS3. I think I'm officially done with that series at this point.

Metro: Last Light? No clue, no comment.

Remember Me? I don't think I've ever even heard of you. (Count that as a no comment.)

South Park: The Stick of Truth? I may want to check it out at some point or another just because it's South Park. It surprises me to see this referred to as a major game that elitists gamers feel is worth hyping up though. I mean, I played their FPS game on N64 (I think it was also on PS1?) and while it was amusing enough for a while I won't pretend that it wasn't a steaming pile of Mr. Hanky..

Splinter Cell: Blacklist? I've never been interested in trying this series out.

Tomb Raider? That reminds me. I picked up a couple of games from this series for Wii (one was a remake of an older one, I think? I hadn't had a chance to try any of them back when the series was popular so it was new to me anyway.) and I barely got a chance to start them. I need to get back to those at some point.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#34LatebrakerPosted 12/12/2012 5:32:57 PM
I always find it entertaining when people try to justify why an entire list of games are unappealing to them. You might not care, but a lot of people do. Even developers are keeping an eye on the 3rd party situation.

Since when is having less games a good thing.
#35sonic777Posted 12/12/2012 5:36:35 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...
A LOL-worthy post.

You're obviously the kind of gamer that eats only what Nintendo tells you you can eat.

Is this you?

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_535/1283255379PP0g2N.jpg
#3640DribylfPosted 12/12/2012 5:41:54 PM
That Lego City game looks absolutely terrible, I don't know why people are looking forward to it.

Then again, I just don't get the appeal of the Lego games, besides the Lord of the Rings one.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#37SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/12/2012 5:43:18 PM
GeminiX7 posted...

Doesn't sound bitter at all... no, not one bit.

Seriously, I assume you don't care and aren't just reassuring yourself, bbut if thats the case, why even respond to this obvious attempt at trolling. Going "Well we don't even care about your stupid games, so nyah!" whenever someone mentions they aren't coming to the WiiU sounds alittle... ingenuine.

How is this an "obvious attempt at trolling" when he linked the article? Your poor logic skills are obvious, that's for sure. You are right that the ignorant mass of Nintendo fanboys that say Nintendo doesn't need "boring" games are just butthurt that those games may not come to Wii U at all, or well after the other consoles, and at a full $60 when they are getting discounted on the other consoles.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#38AkaneJonesPosted 12/12/2012 5:50:27 PM
Just one thing...
Could someone take Konami out back and ***** slap them, and hit them up with a new Bomberman & Goemon proposal while you're there. They clearly don't know what they are doing right now.
#39ColorfulColorsPosted 12/12/2012 5:59:15 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
GeminiX7 posted...

Doesn't sound bitter at all... no, not one bit.

Seriously, I assume you don't care and aren't just reassuring yourself, bbut if thats the case, why even respond to this obvious attempt at trolling. Going "Well we don't even care about your stupid games, so nyah!" whenever someone mentions they aren't coming to the WiiU sounds alittle... ingenuine.

How is this an "obvious attempt at trolling" when he linked the article? Your poor logic skills are obvious, that's for sure. You are right that the ignorant mass of Nintendo fanboys that say Nintendo doesn't need "boring" games are just butthurt that those games may not come to Wii U at all, or well after the other consoles, and at a full $60 when they are getting discounted on the other consoles.

Read my sig. Kthnxbye
---
SSJCHRIS: The troll with anger issues
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#40StickMen1090Posted 12/12/2012 6:05:51 PM
this has been posted a few too many times...