Kotaku: Most of Early 2013's Biggest Games Seem to be Skipping the Wii U

#41MetazoiddPosted 12/12/2012 7:06:11 PM
40Dribylf posted...
That Lego City game looks absolutely terrible, I don't know why people are looking forward to it.

Then again, I just don't get the appeal of the Lego games, besides the Lord of the Rings one.

Well, the Lego games are pretty fun, at least the star wars one was, but this one looks really good because it's an open world game with lots of systems.
#42jastenPosted 12/12/2012 7:06:29 PM
Why is anyone surprised? The Wii was a dumping ground for third parties for crap ports and shovelware... who really thought the Wii-U would be any different? If you want an actually slew of games to choose from, Nintendo will never be the console system for that at this point. They've made their bed and are happy to be looked at as a gimmicky toy compared to the rest of the gaming market.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#43GdboyratedloudPosted 12/12/2012 7:06:36 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
monsterlunchbox posted...
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.

Doesn't sound bitter at all... no, not one bit.

Seriously, I assume you don't care and aren't just reassuring yourself, bbut if thats the case, why even respond to this obvious attempt at trolling. Going "Well we don't even care about your stupid games, so nyah!" whenever someone mentions they aren't coming to the WiiU sounds alittle... ingenuine.

How is this an "obvious attempt at trolling" when he linked the article? Your poor logic skills are obvious, that's for sure. You are right that the ignorant mass of Nintendo fanboys that say Nintendo doesn't need "boring" games are just butthurt that those games may not come to Wii U at all, or well after the other consoles, and at a full $60 when they are getting discounted on the other consoles.

o gee idk, perhaps because he saw that 50 million other trolls made this topic already so he wanted to troll too.

Anyways, remember when Bioshock wasnt coming to PS3???? Yeah.....
was released a year and 2 months later and still went on to sell 1 million copies.
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#44prmtymePosted 12/12/2012 7:10:36 PM
Wiiassurance
---
FC: 2921-9335-1250
PSN Vita: prmtyme
#45mistermerk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 7:15:06 PM
Rts40Dribylf posted...
So were games like NG3, Mass Effect 3, Darksiders 2, BLOPS 2, Batman Arkham City, AC III, etc. and those games still came to the Wii U. Devs have known about the Wii U since before e3 2011. If they wanted to put their games on the Wii U, the fact that the games were already in development on the 360/PS3 wouldn't stop them.

And all of those ports, sans maybe Black Ops 2 and AC3, are mediocre ports

It's for the best that those games aren't coming out for the Wii U.

Way to change your argument. Even so, what you said still isn't true. Just because the Wii U versions of most ports are inferior to the 360 version performance wise, that doesn't mean they're not worth having at all. If that were true it wouldn't be worth many third-party games coming to the PS3 at all since many of them perform better on the 360. And in that case it would be for the best if Far Cry 3 (and virtually any PC game) didn't come out on consoles. I for one am very happy Far Cry 3 is on the 360, even though it suffers from horrible framerate sometimes bc of the 360's dated tech.
#46KillosopherPosted 12/12/2012 7:25:50 PM
Muljo Stpho?? It seems sad that you would even try to call yourself a gamer. So what is your fancy exactly if even one of those many awesome games you listed you haven't even heard of or "dont interest you". Mobile games perhaps? Or are you still gaming exclusively on your Wii?
---
Gamertag: killosopher
PSN: antja
#47GdboyratedloudPosted 12/12/2012 7:26:29 PM
mistermerk posted...
Rts40Dribylf posted...
So were games like NG3, Mass Effect 3, Darksiders 2, BLOPS 2, Batman Arkham City, AC III, etc. and those games still came to the Wii U. Devs have known about the Wii U since before e3 2011. If they wanted to put their games on the Wii U, the fact that the games were already in development on the 360/PS3 wouldn't stop them.

And all of those ports, sans maybe Black Ops 2 and AC3, are mediocre ports

It's for the best that those games aren't coming out for the Wii U.

Way to change your argument. Even so, what you said still isn't true. Just because the Wii U versions of most ports are inferior to the 360 version performance wise, that doesn't mean they're not worth having at all. If that were true it wouldn't be worth many third-party games coming to the PS3 at all since many of them perform better on the 360. And in that case it would be for the best if Far Cry 3 (and virtually any PC game) didn't come out on consoles. I for one am very happy Far Cry 3 is on the 360, even though it suffers from horrible framerate sometimes bc of the 360's dated tech.

Mass Effect 3 and Darksiders 2 arent bad ports either.
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#48MoonsePosted 12/12/2012 7:35:31 PM
Monster Hunter.

Only thing that matters for this abomination of a console is Monster Hunter, it's not a Wii U, it's a Monster Hunter box. Literally nothing else matters.

*Rocks back and forth clutching Monhan Tri, Vita with MHFU + MHP3rd to chest*
#49TheRealistKillaPosted 12/12/2012 7:35:58 PM
-Damien- posted...
Wii U just can't catch a break

One bad news after another

i agree. i cant recall the last launch console that less than a month after launch had qty available at retailers. the wii u just sits on shelves and people walk by it not even giving a damn.

next gen? throw the tableg out the equation and no.. it is not next gen. hell if you play a multiplayer game the people who are using just wii motes will feel its just like playing wii with hd graphics. this system shouldve bee out 5 years ago
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#50Shinobi120Posted 12/12/2012 7:39:49 PM
monsterlunchbox posted...
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.

If they only bought a Wii U, & don't have either a 360, PS3, or a good gaming PC, they'll be missing out on a lot.