Kotaku: Most of Early 2013's Biggest Games Seem to be Skipping the Wii U

#51GdboyratedloudPosted 12/12/2012 6:42:14 PM
TheRealistKilla posted...
-Damien- posted...
Wii U just can't catch a break

One bad news after another

i agree. i cant recall the last launch console that less than a month after launch had qty available at retailers. the wii u just sits on shelves and people walk by it not even giving a damn.

next gen? throw the tableg out the equation and no.. it is not next gen. hell if you play a multiplayer game the people who are using just wii motes will feel its just like playing wii with hd graphics. this system shouldve bee out 5 years ago

-looks at username- uh oh we got a badass here :( How do you know its just sitting on shelves?????? Tell me why the only console launches that did more than Wii U is PS2 and Wii!! You sir, thug or whoever the hell you pretend to be, F-A-I-L
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#52AkagehisaPosted 12/12/2012 6:43:29 PM
I'm getting this thing when MH comes out,,, believe me, I'm not looking forward to any 1st party other than a FPS metroid.

I have a 360 and a PS3, I would gladly buy 5 of those games for the WiiU if they where anounced. even if they where simple ports without using the padīs screen.

Dissappointing
#5340DribylfPosted 12/12/2012 6:47:11 PM(edited)
Way to change your argument.

I didn't change anything.

These games have been in development for years, long before the Wii U devkits were sent out and wouldn't be optimized for the Wii U anyway.

Even so, what you said still isn't true. Just because the Wii U versions of most ports are inferior to the 360 version performance wise, that doesn't mean they're not worth having at all. If that were true it wouldn't be worth many third-party games coming to the PS3 at all since many of them perform better on the 360. And in that case it would be for the best if Far Cry 3 (and virtually any PC game) didn't come out on consoles. I for one am very happy Far Cry 3 is on the 360, even though it suffers from horrible framerate sometimes bc of the 360's dated tech.

I think they're not worth having and aren't worth the effort. I have a 360 and PS3, practically everyone who owns a Wii U does.

To not put a game on 360/PS3 would be an awful business move. If it's not put on the Wii U, so what?

Mass Effect 3 and Darksiders 2 arent bad ports either.

True true, they're pretty much on par with the 360 version.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#54SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/12/2012 7:00:01 PM
TheRealistKilla posted...
-Damien- posted...
Wii U just can't catch a break

One bad news after another

i agree. i cant recall the last launch console that less than a month after launch had qty available at retailers. the wii u just sits on shelves and people walk by it not even giving a damn.

next gen? throw the tableg out the equation and no.. it is not next gen. hell if you play a multiplayer game the people who are using just wii motes will feel its just like playing wii with hd graphics. this system shouldve bee out 5 years ago

Then you must be very, very young. There only two consoles that were truly sold out and that was PS2 and Wii.

All others were easy to find and let's not forget

http://kotaku.com/235204/kotaku-magu-tretton-offers-to-buy-unsold-ps3s-for-1200
#55MonadAlvisPosted 12/12/2012 7:52:37 PM
Now the Wii U doesn't have the support of Kotaku OR Pachter either! What's it gonna do?! Q_Q
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#56JackalPosted 12/12/2012 7:57:47 PM
Latebraker posted...
I always find it entertaining when people try to justify why an entire list of games are unappealing to them. You might not care, but a lot of people do. Even developers are keeping an eye on the 3rd party situation.

Since when is having less games a good thing.

It is pretty sad. And then almost no game of the list interest them? Oh well, we all have out taste. There are some games on that list the I will but. Some that I will watch and others that I will pass on.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#57GeassMasterPosted 12/12/2012 8:33:45 PM
monsterlunchbox posted...
Us Wii U users don't give a damn about most of those "biggest games". Most of those games are for the brain dead masses that play games nowadays, not us hardcore gamers.

Sorry this is an early post to reply to but I just need to laugh at this. Reminds me of how a lot of people acted during Vita launch.

Anyway, There are three threads about this already. Its kind of funny how I male a thread with the least trollish title and I still get called a troll more than TC, even more funny how this has more posts.

Sucks to be U I guess.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#58DemonDog666Posted 12/12/2012 8:35:40 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...
I wasn't going to try to insult them but I'm with you there.

I noticed that somebody in the comments laughed about the mention of Wii U getting Rayman, Lego City, Pikmin, and Game & Wario and that just made me think "What are you laughing at? I'm far more interested in any of those (Lego City and Pikmin in particular) over most of the games that the article mentioned." Oh, and let's not forget Wonderful 101 as well.

Aliens: Colonial Marines? I haven't heard of it. Wait... Aliens like the movie Aliens. I actually haven't seen anything in that series.

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel? I think I've seen the name before. FPS, right? Chances are that I wouldn't be interested.

BioShock Infinite? I actually just picked up the first game earlier this year when I bought on Steam for the first time during this year's summer sales. I need to finish playing through that first before I move on to the next one, and I'll probably just keep an eye out for more Steam sales for that.

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2? I doubt that I'd care. Castlevania has never looked interesting to me.

Crysis 3? 3? When the hell was there a second one? Anyway, as I understand it Crysis is a FPS specifically designed as more of a tech demo for their high end graphics and physics engine, isn't it? Pass.

Dead Island Riptide? ... No clue at all here, so no comment.

Dead Space 3? I haven't played the first one (or even the on-rails spinoff that the Wii got). I'd have to check that out first. I don't know that I really care to at this point though.

DmC? Devil May Cry? Never played 'em, never cared to try them out.

Fuse? No idea, no comment.

Grand Theft Auto 5? Bleh. I tried a little bit of 3 and Vice City and I got sick of them both within an hour of trying to play normally and another hour of ****ing around with cheats. I also tried 4 for a bit once and I got sick and tired of it in about half an hour. I will pass on this.

Injustice: Gods Among Us? Which one was this? Is this the DC characters fighting game? I don't generally care for fighting games but I suppose it would be interesting to check it out at some point just for that.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? I liked MGS and ran through it several times. I liked MGS2 and ran through it several times as well. I couldn't stand MGS3 and I couldn't force myself to finish it once. I haven't had a chance to try out MGS4 yet but it seemed like the series was moving even further into the direction that made me not care for MGS3. I think I'm officially done with that series at this point.

Metro: Last Light? No clue, no comment.

Remember Me? I don't think I've ever even heard of you. (Count that as a no comment.)

South Park: The Stick of Truth? I may want to check it out at some point or another just because it's South Park. It surprises me to see this referred to as a major game that elitists gamers feel is worth hyping up though. I mean, I played their FPS game on N64 (I think it was also on PS1?) and while it was amusing enough for a while I won't pretend that it wasn't a steaming pile of Mr. Hanky..

Splinter Cell: Blacklist? I've never been interested in trying this series out.

Tomb Raider? That reminds me. I picked up a couple of games from this series for Wii (one was a remake of an older one, I think? I hadn't had a chance to try any of them back when the series was popular so it was new to me anyway.) and I barely got a chance to start them. I need to get back to those at some point.

What ps3/360 multiplats are you interested in because I bet they aren't going to wiiU either.
#59LordrvPosted 12/12/2012 8:38:11 PM
Wii U? Hardcore? lololololololol
#60Arcanine2009Posted 12/12/2012 9:14:31 PM(edited)
If they don't, Nintendo has nobody else to blame, but themselves. They can't even make a CPU on par with the current gen consoles, and a slower RAM too? Come the **** on, even the Wii's CPU was on par with X-box at least, and had much better ram. I do truly think that hardware factors like these, are things devs keep in mind to support the Wii U or not. Nintendo is not starting off well...
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.