Kotaku: Most of Early 2013's Biggest Games Seem to be Skipping the Wii U

#61Sailor GoonPosted 12/12/2012 10:16:19 PM
It's Nintendo's own fault. They pushed away all the developers with the Wii. Then, they know full well that developers will be working with the next-gen architecture, so what do they do? Release new hardware that can barely handle last gen games.
Its like Nintendo doesnt think when they create their hardware. Now I dont think the WiiU will fail, but I don't forsee it having sales like the Wii. I also forsee developers shunning the WiiU.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#62mistermerk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 10:30:35 PM
40Dribylf posted...
Way to change your argument.

I didn't change anything.

These games have been in development for years, long before the Wii U devkits were sent out and wouldn't be optimized for the Wii U anyway.

Even so, what you said still isn't true. Just because the Wii U versions of most ports are inferior to the 360 version performance wise, that doesn't mean they're not worth having at all. If that were true it wouldn't be worth many third-party games coming to the PS3 at all since many of them perform better on the 360. And in that case it would be for the best if Far Cry 3 (and virtually any PC game) didn't come out on consoles. I for one am very happy Far Cry 3 is on the 360, even though it suffers from horrible framerate sometimes bc of the 360's dated tech.

I think they're not worth having and aren't worth the effort. I have a 360 and PS3, practically everyone who owns a Wii U does.

To not put a game on 360/PS3 would be an awful business move. If it's not put on the Wii U, so what?

Mass Effect 3 and Darksiders 2 arent bad ports either.

True true, they're pretty much on par with the 360 version.

You changed your argument from basically "dev didn't have time to make Wii U versions of the games listed" to "it's best that the Wii U won't get ports anyway if they're inferior."

I agree with you that it's a non-issue if you own multiple consoles, as I and a lot of people do. But a lot of the Wii U owners on this site purchased the Wii U with the hopes that it would be their only "next gen" console. That will obviously not be feasible, unless you want to miss out on a lot of great games, or if you want to play the definitive version of those games.
#63Pale HorsemanPosted 12/12/2012 10:45:53 PM
The only reason I bought a Wii U is for Nintendo games, I already have a PS3, X360, and a gaming PC for everything else....
---
Tails82: Obama's cool
#64ChipChippersonPosted 12/13/2012 12:57:53 AM
If this concerned me I'd have kept my 360....I didn't.

Maybe I'm becoming a bit of an optimist but I'm more concerned and excited by what the U will have, not what it won't. Considering I find most games completely overrated these days and worthy of a Gamefly rental at most, I personally won't be missing very much.
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots that don't care"~Louis CK
#65MelkacPosted 12/13/2012 1:45:12 AM
Remember PS3's first two years?

Aparently, no...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#66jastenPosted 12/13/2012 1:24:50 PM
Melkac posted...

Aparently, no...

At least it was also the best blu ray player on the market, still is really, and could play music and DVDs as well. Or the fact it was completely BC with PS2 and 1 at the time. And the slate of games upcoming was actually something to get excited about... right now, you hardly have any confirmed games coming to the Wii U that are anything remotely special.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#67mattersvillePosted 12/13/2012 1:29:26 PM
I read this article the other day and at first I was pretty bummed out. Then I realized there isn't a single game there that I was looking forward to anyway. Bioshock maybe. Maybe...
---
My Blog/Comic is funnier than your Blog/Comic.
http://sundaysmash.wordpress.com/
#68DiscostewSMPosted 12/13/2012 1:38:45 PM
jasten posted...
Melkac posted...

Aparently, no...

At least it was also the best blu ray player on the market, still is really, and could play music and DVDs as well. Or the fact it was completely BC with PS2 and 1 at the time. And the slate of games upcoming was actually something to get excited about... right now, you hardly have any confirmed games coming to the Wii U that are anything remotely special.

So, Sony sold early PS3s based on it being a media player more than a game console?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#69jastenPosted 12/13/2012 1:52:21 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
jasten posted...
Melkac posted...

Aparently, no...

So, Sony sold early PS3s based on it being a media player more than a game console?

Some was that... but there were exclusives lined up as well as new franchises in the pipeline that had people excited to own the system. And then there was the certainty that the PS3 would have third party support. The Wii U has hardly any of that... it has some first party exclusives some people still look forward too, but everything else... not so much. In fact, the expectation of almost everyone is that it will have even less third party support than the Wii did since Nintendo really doesn't seem to care.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#70DarkFoxVPosted 12/13/2012 2:02:03 PM
Looks like it's the GCN/Wii all over again... kinda.

It's a shame the WiiU is in a tight spot that's getting tighter with each draw back. And PSOnmi/Next Box/Steam Cube/ livingroom PC aren't going to help it much either.

Seriously with all these new consoles and living room PCs coming out. Gen 8'
s gonna be a cluster ****.

Nintendo may have no choice but to rely entirely on 1st and 2nd party support along with Indi games (so long as they keep up the "support indi projects" plan).
---
"Legends never die"