I kind of wish the wii u cost $800

#31Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/12/2012 7:27:58 PM
squatch22 posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems:

Regarding that, I was aware of the RROD issue but never heard of it happening like everyone describes it as. "All the Xbox 360s get RROD after 1 week of play, etc" and I just wanted something documented backing that claim up

What I got was an estimation and nothing concrete along with a solid plan by Microsoft to stand behind their product by boosting the warranty period to 3 years which is far better than any console had

That's all I was asking for, not that they never existed.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#32kissdadookiePosted 12/12/2012 7:29:56 PM
squatch22 posted...
Yeah, its not like MS got sued or anything... oh wait

Class action suits HAPPEN ALL THE TIME. They are usually started by what are essentially ambulance chasers. How absolutely ignorant are you? EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME you go around defending Nintendo incessantly and pointlessly, you basically lower the combined IQ of the human race. It's ridiculous.
#33Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/12/2012 7:33:23 PM
squatch22 posted...

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/19/nintendo-hit-with-class-action-lawsuit-for-defective-wrist-str/

http://www.retrogamenetwork.com/2012/07/23/did-you-buy-an-nes-between-611988-12311990/
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#34squatch22Posted 12/12/2012 7:34:15 PM
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...

Class action suits HAPPEN ALL THE TIME. They are usually started by what are essentially ambulance chasers. How absolutely ignorant are you? EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME you go around defending Nintendo incessantly and pointlessly, you basically lower the combined IQ of the human race. It's ridiculous.

Oh btw, just when did MS decide to extend the warranties?
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#351shadetail1Posted 12/12/2012 7:37:51 PM(edited)
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems:

HOW THE HELL DOES THAT MAGICALLY MAKE IT A HUGE PROBLEM?!? A huge problem would have been let's say, the thing blew up regularly and caused damage. A huge problem would have been if MS didn't replace or repair the affected units. A huge problem would have been if MS took forever to replace the affected units. HOWEVER, MS was both expedient as well as extremely accommodating to their customers. Again, if you RROD a system that has PAST the extended warranty periond, MS WOULD STILL TO THIS DAY REPLACE IT QUICKLY AND FOR FREE.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you really believe that. But either way, you're flat-out wrong; MS initially refused to even admit the RROD was an issue, and certainly refused to cover it under the warranty. It took months and a lot of bad press before they finally changed their tune, and by then many thousands of 360 gamers had been forced to replace their dead systems with their own money. In fact, many had been forced to replace a dead 360 more than once, meaning they spent over $1000 just to have a working console.

This isn't ancient history, so you have no excuse for not knowing about it, particularly since the wikipedia article squatch linked up there details Microsoft's initial dismissive attitude.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#36kissdadookiePosted 12/12/2012 7:36:44 PM
squatch22 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...

Around the first year I believe, but they were replacing systems before that of course. Also, look at how if you launch Xbox breaks TODAY, they will actually STILL replace that thing for free. Yeah, must be fear of getting sued being the driver of that, because you know, they are SO easy to get sued for not replacing a system after 4 years since purchase.
#37squatch22Posted 12/12/2012 7:38:11 PM
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...

Around the first year I believe, but they were replacing systems before that of course. Also, look at how if you launch Xbox breaks TODAY, they will actually STILL replace that thing for free. Yeah, must be fear of getting sued being the driver of that, because you know, they are SO easy to get sued for not replacing a system after 4 years since purchase.

I'm reckoning the warranty extension came AFTER the lawsuit...
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#38kissdadookiePosted 12/12/2012 7:40:03 PM
squatch22 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...

I'm reckoning the warranty extension came AFTER the lawsuit...

Yup, you are actually right, thus, deserve my apologies. I've just looked it up, wow, MS really did screw up didn't they? Jeeze. Though they did still take my 360 back WAY past extended warranty period.
#39LonelyGoombaPosted 12/13/2012 4:33:27 AM
how can people not know about the rrod

if that isn't a big problem I don't know what is
seriously, everyone I know had the rrod.

what's a bigger problem than thousands of thousands of consoles not working?
---
NNID: Deep4t