Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#21PSOLavisPosted 12/12/2012 8:47:10 PM
TC I doubt you hate them as much as I hate people who think they can make the call of whether or not someone is blinded by nostalgia. If someone was to come and discuss why in his opinion those games are better or worse it is usually met with "wall of text did not read". At least that has been my experience over the many years of coming on to gamefaqs. Why do people like those games better in a nutshell though? They remember the challenge of when they first played it, with the satisfaction of beating it their first time. They remember the lack of bs forced drawn out tutorials that take too long. Also, maybe they just like the gameplay better :O. Some are of course just seeing it through the eyes of a kid and can't let go. They are no different though than diehard fanboys or trolls. Just ignorant low iq people who just follow the herd.
#22Enigma149Posted 12/12/2012 8:47:13 PM
sirtonne posted...
I wonder why people call it nostalgia to like older games, while many older movies, music, novels, etc. are praised as classics.

It's like kids today are so shallow and obsessed with graphics that they judge everything by looks. No wonder gaming is considered immature by comparison.

Well, most of those books and movies are only appreciated because they are called classics. Now, there are exceptions, but I can't tell you how many times someone's shown me a movie, I've been unimpressed, and they've said "Yeah, but this was made in the 1950s!" or "It was good for its time."
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#23Xenesis XenonPosted 12/12/2012 8:47:23 PM
As a counterpoint, people who hate things just because they're old are also kinda terrible.

Both new and old things can be quite awesome.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#24wiiking96Posted 12/12/2012 8:47:48 PM
I never have seen people directly compare Super to Prime.

Enigma149 posted...
Oh, and there're too many Pokemon...well, all right, there are too many things Nintendo is calling Pokemon (because, whatever the hell these things are, they sure aren't real Pokemon...I mean, a Jellyfish pokemon? Whatever happened to sentient magnets?).

If the Pokemon selection has been reversed, people would have been whining about it all the same.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#25BuretsuPosted 12/12/2012 8:50:55 PM(edited)
Enigma149 posted...

Look - in your "Generation V" (no generations count past 2, btw), you had online play. Why? What good does online do for Pokemon?

What does the ability to trade and battle over long distances do for a franchise based around trading and battling with other people? Gee, that's a tough question.

And don't get me started on the story. "Legendary hero"? What is this - an RPG?

Well, YES. What do you think Pokemon is, a platformer?

Whatever happened to just challenging the Pokemon League? I heard you don't even battle the champion after beating the Elite 4?

Right, because who needs a story in their game? Not like in Red and Blue there was an evil organization that you fought along the course of the game... Oh, wait. And you do battle the champion. There's just a pesky evil organization to defeat first.

Oh, and there're too many Pokemon...well, all right, there are too many things Nintendo is calling Pokemon (because, whatever the hell these things are, they sure aren't real Pokemon...I mean, a Jellyfish pokemon? Whatever happened to sentient magnets?). The colors and graphics just stagnate creativity.

Because Gen 1 had so many imaginative Pokemon. Like the sparrow that evolved into a bigger sparrow, or the fish that evolved into a bigger fish.

But you know what's really bad about Black and White? The music. I mean, you have to listen to stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPz7yklWrA

While we true Pokemon fans can enjoy music like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7ivinTacg

See? It's so much better.

Hahaha.... No. I hope you're joking.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#26Enigma149Posted 12/12/2012 8:50:02 PM
wiiking96 posted...
I never have seen people directly compare Super to Prime.

Enigma149 posted...
Oh, and there're too many Pokemon...well, all right, there are too many things Nintendo is calling Pokemon (because, whatever the hell these things are, they sure aren't real Pokemon...I mean, a Jellyfish pokemon? Whatever happened to sentient magnets?).

If the Pokemon selection has been reversed, people would have been whining about it all the same.

...I don't thin you understood the point of my post...

I did edit it to make it more clear, but still...
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
#27Enigma149Posted 12/12/2012 8:52:04 PM
Buretsu posted...
Enigma149 posted...

Look - in your "Generation V" (no generations count past 2, btw), you had online play. Why? What good does online do for Pokemon?

What does the ability to trade and battle over long distances do for a franchise based around trading and battling with other people? Gee, that's a tough question.

And don't get me started on the story. "Legendary hero"? What is this - an RPG?

Well, YES. What do you think Pokemon is, a platformer?

Whatever happened to just challenging the Pokemon League? I heard you don't even battle the champion after beating the Elite 4?

Right, because who needs a story in their game? Not like in Red and Blue there was an evil organization that you fought along the course of the game... Oh, wait. And you do battle the champion. There's just a pesky evil organization to defeat first.

Oh, and there're too many Pokemon...well, all right, there are too many things Nintendo is calling Pokemon (because, whatever the hell these things are, they sure aren't real Pokemon...I mean, a Jellyfish pokemon? Whatever happened to sentient magnets?). The colors and graphics just stagnate creativity.

Because Gen 1 had so many imaginative Pokemon. Like the sparrow that evolved into a bigger sparrow, or the fish that evolved into a bigger fish.

But you know what's really bad about Black and White? The music. I mean, you have to listen to stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPz7yklWrA

While we true Pokemon fans can enjoy music like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7ivinTacg

See? It's so much better.

Hahaha.... No. I hope you're joking.

There you go.
---
#28LUlGIPosted 12/12/2012 8:54:22 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/149/5/0/New_Generation_5_Pokemon_by_purplekecleon.png
#29AXKSIONPosted 12/12/2012 8:54:45 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

Graphics don't make a game good. If they did then RAGE is one of the very best games of all time. There, I just invalidated your entire topic.

You only like Galaxy and Galaxy 2 and NSMBu because of nostalgia. The games are old now, so that means the mechanics and graphics of those games suck.

Anyhow, I just played through Ocarina of Time, it doesn't have garbage gimmick trash motion controls, so it instantly wins over Skyward Sword. Plus it's just a far better game overall, since it isn't linear and casualized like SS.

Mario 64 (played recently on NDS) has much better world design than the galaxy games, and 64 is just a far better game overall.

FINAL FANTASY XIII JUST F***ING SUCKS AND IS A BAD F***ING GAME.

Final Fantasy VII still is the best video game of all time, despite you young casual kids loving graphics more than anything else. FFVII, unlike FFXIII, actually has exploration and options and isn't a linear hallway suckfest like FFXIII.

I have played through FFVII over 15+ times and still do to this day, and it's nothing to do with nostalgia. The game is just so freaking epic and great that it still holds up to this day. FFVII is super high quality

---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#30gumbyxcore99Posted 12/12/2012 8:56:41 PM
Super Mario world is the greatest video game of all time time.

Anything in the Zelda series after links awakening is terrible

Prime is a natural extension of the Metroid formula but still pales in comparison to it' predecessor
---
Hotline Miami