Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#281AznEDPosted 12/13/2012 11:57:05 AM
There's nothing I hate more than people that think their opinions are fact.

This however I agree with.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#282IceTheGuardianPosted 12/13/2012 12:07:20 PM
Gameplay is generally what your looking for, and all of those are based on personal opinion and preference. In example, while I do not agree that Red/Blue is better than Black/White... I think Soul Silver and Heart Gold are better. I also think Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game from Playstation up.

Anyway, the point is.. none of the statements in your original post are untrue. Someone just thinks differently, and thank god.. if everyone felt the same on everything life would be boring as hell.
---
May the impure souls of the fanboy kind be banished into eternal damnation, Amen.
#283Kilikan5670Posted 12/13/2012 12:11:26 PM
Rafedx posted...
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

It's almost as bad as the people who just cannot comprehend that some gamers like the older titles more. Doesn't mean anyone game is bad, just means the person has a different opinion.

^This
---
PSN: Kilikan670 SF4AE:Ibuki,Oni,Juri; 3SO:Akuma Sean; TTT2:Leo/Asuka
#284vecrynPosted 12/13/2012 12:11:38 PM
NoJobBob posted...

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

I liked Super Metroid the most, and this isn't based on Nostalgia. Not that I disliked Prime at all, it's one of my favorites and better than most games out. I personally liked Link to the past better than Ocarina or SS because of the number of dungeons and over all gameplay. FF VII to me absolutely blows FF VIII away in every way imaginable. This is not from Nostalgia either. I started with FF 4 so if it was Nostalgia talking I would say 4 and 6 are better than 7.

So to break this down a bit here... FF VII had a better story. The story was based on a best selling novel in Japan where as the story for VIII I think was just made from scratch. They didn't go into detail about the sorceress, where she came from, any real history. All the kids grew up in an orphanage together yet no one remembers? Are you serious? I don't know about you but I clearly remember my childhood and my friends. So the idea of them not remembering all that is just idiotic at best. The story to me was just bland, the characters were emo, and the over all gameplay I didn't love. The only thing I feel FF VIII did good at is music, and character design. I personally loved how Zell looked, and the over all character art I liked. Over all though the game felt rushed, and like they could have added so much more detail and history, so much more story to it.

Super Metroid for me is just a blast, and finding all the items was a challenge. I found it harder to get 100% of the items in Super Metroid than in Prime, but Prime did have some very well hidden items. Prime though had a much deeper history, with all the story telling it had through scans it blew me away. So this one I could actually agree or see how some would like Prime more since the game was absolutely amazing. Metroid to this day as a series is my favorite. Other M was no where near as good as any other title in the series. I pray they make a new metroid and it's any where near as good as Prime or Super Metroid.

As for M64 vs Galaxy 2 I can't comment on. I liked M64 better than Galaxy 1 though because the worlds felt too small, so disconnected and if you go one path in galaxy you are stuck going for 1 star only and you can't change your mind and try for something else most times. It felt to linear vs an open world in M64 that let you go where ever you wanted. That alone made me like Mario 64 more. If they fixed that flaw in galaxy 2 then I would say sure it might be better.

So all in all it's not to say the sequals are bad games, but there are elements people fall in love with in certain games then go to the next and find it missing so the same love is not there for that title. This isn't blindly loving a game with rose colored glasses all the time, but seeing what was done right and sad that it wasn't repeated in the following titles. Nothing shows that better than people liking FF VII more than VIII because VIII was missing a TON of what VII had and it had so much more potential that it just didn't live up too.
#285DCarnagePosted 12/13/2012 12:16:19 PM
NoJobBob posted...

Umm, hate to burst your bubble but most of your above statements are true... SMW vs NSMB is debatable, Super Metroid is better than Prime, OoT is better that SS (sorry I hate moving my hands and arms around like a retard to play a game.), FF7 is waaay better than FF13 and SM64 is only a bit better than SMG2.

I'm not sure if your post is to troll or if you are serious...
#286MISL Fan IIPosted 12/13/2012 12:17:31 PM

Here's the thing. What's good to you, isn't good to me, or other users. We all play games for different reasons. What you might enjoy, I may not and vice versa. It's an opinion to say that Game X is better than Game Y, because it's all in what you think is "better" .

Personally I agree with most of those comments, though I haven't played the WiiU NSMB or FF XIII. I prefer those games over the others, but it doesn't make those games worse, it's just my preference.
---
Baltimore Blast - 2012-13 MISL Season - 8-0 next game vs. Missouri
This line won't change until Peter Angelos retires or expires
#287mjc0961Posted 12/13/2012 12:20:21 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
FF7 is a million times better than FF13. Anyone that doesn't think that is a blind sheep or 10 years old.

That's not really a statement of FF7's quality, though. It's a statement of FF13's complete lack of quality. Bubsy 3D is a million times better than FF13.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#288mjc0961Posted 12/13/2012 12:22:56 PM
Virauge posted...
NoJobBob posted...
Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia.

There's nothing I hate more than people that think their opinions are fact.

FFVII is in the top 10 of games ever created by the vast majority of the reputable gaming community. Guess thats why a large portion of the FF is saying FFVII is downfall of the entire FF series. Oh, wait, that is what's being said about FFXIII.

Stop whining because your opinions are wrong.

There's nothing I hate more than hypocrites.

You start off by saying you hate people who think their opinions are fact, and then at the end you declare your opinions to be fact by telling the TC that his contradicting opinions are wrong.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#289drafterowarPosted 12/13/2012 12:26:27 PM
You know, for a bunch of internet people, you guys sure do have a lot of hatred.
---
"Are you AC or.....DC?"
#290R2BDSiPosted 12/13/2012 12:32:59 PM
Some games yeah, but it all has to do with perference.