Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#31Tsutarja495Posted 12/12/2012 8:57:12 PM
Why do you have so much anger over their opinions anyway? I like Skyward Sword better than Ocarina of Time, but I respect people's opinions if they like Ocarina of Time better. Video games are about having fun, if they have more fun with the old stuff, let them.

I know they are some games I like the older ones of myself. I like Mario Tennis 64 better than all the ones after it. In Pokemon, I liked Kanto better than Johto and Hoenn better than Sinnoh. There's probably more, but I can't think of them at the moment.
#32Biggs YamatoPosted 12/12/2012 8:57:32 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

There's nothing I hate more than people telling other people their opinions are wrong.
---
PSN: Lodrak | NNID: TyrantPotato
I hear Duke Nukem Forever is coming out today, Japan Time! - Singapore
#33AXKSIONPosted 12/12/2012 9:02:40 PM
TC - "Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia"

So, TC hates people blinded by nostalgia more than he hates injustice, terrorism, war and genocide and starvation?? Wow.

Tsutarja495 posted...
I like Skyward Sword better than Ocarina of Time

ewwww

now that's just a bad freaking s****y opinion you have there.

CranberryPSO posted...
Which game is "better" is subjective. Video games are about enjoyment, and if someone is getting more enjoyment out of playing game X than game Y, than for them game X is "better."

Yoshi's Island is better than Superman 64 is a fact, not opinion. For anyone to think differently is trolling, and should be deemed as terrorism.

Oh and too bad the world is more objective than subjective.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#34RetroFanGirlPosted 12/12/2012 9:03:31 PM
Deal with it. No really, deal with it. Design and making proper use of mechanics and technology available to you is more important than just being 'new'. I hope you die.
---
Hi.
#35BufkusPosted 12/12/2012 9:15:12 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
FF7 is a million times better than FF13. Anyone that doesn't think that is a blind sheep or 10 years old.

A million? Learn some basic math. It's no more than maybe 1.5 or 2 times better than FF13.
#36wiiking96Posted 12/12/2012 9:15:51 PM
Gen V has it's share of cool Pokemon. Some include:
Serperior
Gigalith
Exadrill
Scolipede
Cofagrigus
Zoroark
Galvantula
Ferrothorn
Eelektross
Haxorus
Bisharp
Hydreigon
Genesect

In my opinion they're cool, at least.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#37sockroxPosted 12/12/2012 9:16:10 PM
I think I just kinda like everything. I mean, I like old school mario and new mario.

Zelda/ metroid all of it.

What do I like more? Idk, they are all fun, the only older game in a series I like more than newer ones is I like Morrowind over skyrim... and I LOVE skyrim too.
#38knightimexPosted 12/12/2012 9:20:45 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU" False

"Super Metroid is better than Prime" Opinion

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword' Fact

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though) Fact

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2" Preference

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

Graphics alone don't make games better.
I can give you a list for proof.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#39SuperNESGamerPosted 12/12/2012 9:21:48 PM
What about people who only play new games, won't touch a game over 5 years old because of "bad graphics", and have absolutely no knowledge of gaming history before the 1st console they grew up with?

Those people ok in your books?
#401shadetail1Posted 12/12/2012 9:25:07 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

Since this is actually your opinion, rather than any kind of objective fact, two things:

1) Why do you automatically assume that people prefer older games because of nostalgia?

2) Even if you could prove their opinions were based on nostalgia, which you can't, what's wrong with that anyway?
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.