Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#301StealthlysPosted 12/13/2012 2:24:11 PM
Except when you look at classics you realize its flaw. Besides Ristar, Ristar is flawless.
Dealwithit.jpg
#302Cecil255Posted 12/13/2012 2:30:16 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

I think TC is overstating what I would say is a pretty uncommon sentiment. I find it interesting how many people are giving respect to both Super Metroid and Metroid Prime.

I have a lot of nostalgia to associate with Super Metroid, it's my 2nd favorite game of all time but I won't knock Prime at all. It's a fantastic (different) game but still has the spirit of Metroid. Glad that people can have the opposite experience of going back and playing Super Metroid and having respect for it even if their nostalgia lies with Prime.
#303Captain_NESPosted 12/13/2012 2:45:12 PM
I concur....RESIDENT EVIL 6 is the Gillette of the franchise, IT'S BETTER THAN ALL THE REST!
---
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!
#304atma6Posted 12/13/2012 2:57:08 PM
Virauge posted...
mjc0961 posted...
You start off by saying you hate people who think their opinions are fact, and then at the end you declare your opinions to be fact by telling the TC that his contradicting opinions are wrong.

I'm sorry which of my "opinions aren't fact?

FFVII IS in the top 10 of games ever created by the vast majority of the reputable gaming community. Fact

A large portion of the FF community IS saying FFXIII is downfall of the entire FF series. Fact.

So if the only things I said isn't my opinion, and is indeed fact, how am I a hypocrite?

Theres nothing I hate more than people who troll. That would be you.

I could say that a "large potion" of the "FF community" considers FFVII to be the fall of the series since it brought it mainstream. Should that be considered when you're listing facts?

What is a reputable gaming community? Is that only people who agree with you or is there some way of objectively discerning reputable opinions from non-reputable ones. If I can come up with cogent arguments against your point, does that make me reputable or simply a crackpot?

Also, "a large portion" isn't a defined portion and could mean anything from a few thousand to 99%., The "FF community" is hopelessly vague. Are you talking about the FF community on GameFAQs or the internet in general? Or maybe you are referring to everyone who bought that game, or maybe you're referring to everyone who has an opinion about the game through their love of the series. None of these things are measurable in anyway.

Of the people who you are saying are representative of the "FF community" how many of them refer to FFXIII as the downfall, because I've heard similar statements from XII, XI, X, IX, VIII, and VII. Are these people targeting only XIII or has Final Fantasy already had its downfall and XIII is seen to be a symptom of it?

Of course that doesn't mean that what you said isn't valid or that I don't agree with you. I just want you to know that you can't spout out generalizations like that and call them fact because you can't think of anything wrong with it. Passing your opinions off as facts, especially when they're inflammatory is trolling, not pointing out that you're passing opinion off as fact.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#305bleedingelitePosted 12/13/2012 2:57:18 PM
Out of all the terrible, terrible things out there in the world, the thing that you hate the most is people who like old games?
#306Arn544Posted 12/13/2012 3:01:54 PM
atma6 posted...
Virauge posted...
mjc0961 posted...
You start off by saying you hate people who think their opinions are fact, and then at the end you declare your opinions to be fact by telling the TC that his contradicting opinions are wrong.

FFVII IS in the top 10 of games ever created by the vast majority of the reputable gaming community. Fact

A large portion of the FF community IS saying FFXIII is downfall of the entire FF series. Fact.

So if the only things I said isn't my opinion, and is indeed fact, how am I a hypocrite?

I could say that a "large potion" of the "FF community" considers FFVII to be the fall of the series since it brought it mainstream. Should that be considered when you're listing facts?

What is a reputable gaming community? Is that only people who agree with you or is there some way of objectively discerning reputable opinions from non-reputable ones. If I can come up with cogent arguments against your point, does that make me reputable or simply a crackpot?

Also, "a large portion" isn't a defined portion and could mean anything from a few thousand to 99%., The "FF community" is hopelessly vague. Are you talking about the FF community on GameFAQs or the internet in general? Or maybe you are referring to everyone who bought that game, or maybe you're referring to everyone who has an opinion about the game through their love of the series. None of these things are measurable in anyway.

Of the people who you are saying are representative of the "FF community" how many of them refer to FFXIII as the downfall, because I've heard similar statements from XII, XI, X, IX, VIII, and VII. Are these people targeting only XIII or has Final Fantasy already had its downfall and XIII is seen to be a symptom of it?

Of course that doesn't mean that what you said isn't valid or that I don't agree with you. I just want you to know that you can't spout out generalizations like that and call them fact because you can't think of anything wrong with it. Passing your opinions off as facts, especially when they're inflammatory is trolling, not pointing out that you're passing opinion off as fact.

Actually if you ran a poll a MAJORITY of people would pick the merger with Enix as the fall of Final Fantasy. That's not opinion or bias or a selected group, that's just paying attention.
#307DViper97Posted 12/13/2012 3:03:25 PM
Captain_NES posted...
I concur....RESIDENT EVIL 6 is the Gillette of the franchise, IT'S BETTER THAN ALL THE REST!

LMFAO!! *standing ovation* That was a GOOD one!! I haven't thought of those Gillette commercials since Bob Dole ran for president.

To keep it going: "RESIDENT EVIL 6 is the Gillette of the franshise. It's" THE BEST A MAN CAN GEEEET!
---
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.
#308atma6Posted 12/13/2012 3:08:09 PM
Arn544 posted...
atma6 posted...
Virauge posted...
mjc0961 posted...

Actually if you ran a poll a MAJORITY of people would pick the merger with Enix as the fall of Final Fantasy. That's not opinion or bias or a selected group, that's just paying attention.

If you ran a poll where? And who is to be considered to have a valid opinion? If you don't like Final Fantasy can you vote in this poll? If not, then how do you measure if you like the series. If you only like the new games and hate all the old ones, are you eligible. Is there a standard for being a Final Fantasy fan that you have to pass. Do you need to have enough knowledge to even know about the Enix merger, or is simply liking the games enough to vote?

Once again, this "fact" being passed off has nothing behind it but puff. In a funny turn of events it contradicts Virauge's "fact" that XIII was the downfall of the series. Since both of you are listing facts, who should I believe? You both seem to speak for the "majority" of fans.

I've seen enough people argue the downfall of the series since the nineties that I wonder about these imaginary majorities and facts sometimes.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#309harrisonmeskoPosted 12/13/2012 3:24:52 PM
Reader-response surveys are never credible anyway.
---
"I'm gonna wreck it!" - John C. Reilly as Wreck-it-Ralph
#310MikeachuPosted 12/13/2012 3:41:17 PM
"The 1st season of Power Rangers was the only good one"

All of my hate.