Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#311AkagehisaPosted 12/13/2012 3:47:59 PM
There is nothing that annoys me more than hipsters.
#312ArseenPosted 12/13/2012 3:52:52 PM
Super Mario Galaxy has better graphics, but the controls and every other aspect is better in Mario 64.

Super Mario World is better than any of the New Super Mario bros games.
NSMB games are so freaking easy and Wii and WiiU (IIUC) are ruined because the gimmicky controllers are forced upon. (DS and 3DS versions were just too easy).
Only OK thingin these games are the collecting the special coins and even those were really easy to find.
Yoshi's Island did that way better.

Metroid games are all OK in their own way.

Skyward Sword does suck, even our sister site Gamespot stopped making the guide.

And remember opinions are like butholes: Everyone has one and other's stink.
---
I AM THE TRUE PLAYER
#313SilentS89Posted 12/13/2012 3:53:04 PM
Nostalgia is the best thing to be blinded by.
#314johnluke728Posted 12/13/2012 4:02:32 PM
Arseen posted...
Super Mario World is better than any of the New Super Mario bros games.
NSMB games are so freaking easy and Wii and WiiU (IIUC) are ruined because the gimmicky controllers are forced upon. (DS and 3DS versions were just too easy).

Now that I can agree on, but NSMB isn't that easy for everybody. I think my mom used Action Replay codes through the last half of the first game on the DS, and she's played a lot of hard games before, like Ocarina of Time. XD The bosses in the New Super Mario Bros can be a pain to take down if you didn't come prepared.

And I only disliked how segmented the surface world was in Skyward Sword, which killed the whole adventure feel for me, since I couldn't visit any major area by foot. Otherwise it's an okay game that takes the series in a new direction, but I'm much happier with Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, IMO. =P
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#315DViper97Posted 12/13/2012 4:09:05 PM
atma6 posted...
If you ran a poll where? And who is to be considered to have a valid opinion? If you don't like Final Fantasy can you vote in this poll? If not, then how do you measure if you like the series. If you only like the new games and hate all the old ones, are you eligible. Is there a standard for being a Final Fantasy fan that you have to pass. Do you need to have enough knowledge to even know about the Enix merger, or is simply liking the games enough to vote?

Once again, this "fact" being passed off has nothing behind it but puff. In a funny turn of events it contradicts Virauge's "fact" that XIII was the downfall of the series. Since both of you are listing facts, who should I believe? You both seem to speak for the "majority" of fans.

I've seen enough people argue the downfall of the series since the nineties that I wonder about these imaginary majorities and facts sometimes.

This^. I agree with all Atma's said in this post.

I too have seen the exact same things, and asked the exact same questions. People have been saying "x" was the downfall of the series since the days of VII, possibly even before that. I see a hell of a lot of people here throwing "facts" around.

Thing is, since so very many of those "facts" are contradictory, I can't help but see them for what they really are, opinions. Just who is included in this oft mentioned "majority"? I highly doubt many of you are even taking into consideration all the people who don't post on Gfaqs, or forums in general. I'd bet my yearly income that group isn't small, or insignificant.

As for the merger, from what I've seen, many who bring that up don't even remember when the damn merger was, what it's actual effect has been, what Square's last games were, nor why it happened.
---
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.
#316Anema1986Posted 12/13/2012 4:12:23 PM
some of your examples use a VAST different gameplay mechanics, 3D is not always better than 2D, also graphics mean nothing if youre a true gamer, a game that is 10 years old and you have played 5 or 6 times just reflect how excellent it was, several of your examples are just like that, so is not just nostalgia, is quality
---
The only time where a bible is useful is in a castlevania game
#317BoundtotheEarthPosted 12/13/2012 4:15:10 PM
Opinions are alright and stuff, but when they try to make their opinions the OTHER "o" word, then things get tricky.

You know, saying stuff like X isobjectively superior to Y, and here are my OPINIONS as to why.
---
http://olivil.imgur.com/ REQUIRED READING FOR EVERYONE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyt2WTV9P3s IT'S OVER ________ IS FINISHED
#318NyyarkPosted 12/13/2012 4:15:55 PM
Remember the good old days when no one had nostalgia?
#319GANONDORFIVYPosted 12/13/2012 4:16:44 PM
is not nostalgia is the true deal with it: those games were first the new ones did nothing new so first were better
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY
#320StealthlysPosted 12/13/2012 4:17:46 PM
Nyyark posted...
Remember the good old days when no one had nostalgia?

Back when the internet was cool to use.