Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#321wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/13/2012 3:40:35 PM(edited)
Nyyark posted...
Remember the good old days when no one had nostalgia?

ha.

also, sometimes, when i'm someplace old or see some place on television like that, i feel a weird nostalgia for it, though i wasn't even born until long after that time.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#322snake_5036Posted 12/13/2012 3:48:54 PM
there's nothing i hate more than people incapable of realizing what an opinion is
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:51....500th posts: 5
#323DViper97Posted 12/13/2012 3:55:18 PM(edited)
GANONDORFIVY posted...
is not nostalgia is the true deal with it: those games were first the new ones did nothing new so first were better

This, right here, is my main issue with the whole nostalgia thing. It's when someone says something as factually wrong as this, that the it ceases to be nostalgia, and becomes rose-tinted stupidity.

Going off of what this says, not even the sequels to long running series from the 80's, that popped up in the 90's, did anything new at all.

Going by that logic, apparently FFIV's ATB, ya know the game that introduced it, did absolutely nothing new. There's no way in hell FF V brought anything new to the FF table with it's version of the Job System. Oh, and the original Metal Gear Solid? I must have imagined all that voice acting and boss battles.

How could I forget that bastardization of a game called Street Fighter 2!? It did absolutely nothing new at all! It pales in comparison to the clearly superior, and far more relevant, original. Same goes for Street Fighter Alpha 3. Don't even get me started with how Resident Evil 3 tried nothing new either. Resident Evil 2 certainly started that trend, since it made no improvements whatsoever.

What about the previous gen? Shadow of the Colossus was so very derivative. Monster Hunter? Child please. It's not only been done before, but better. FFXI, nothing even remotely new here, right? It's not like that was one of the first cross-console, cross-language MMOs, nor a successful one.

And how could I forget Grand Theft Auto III? That gets WAY to much credit. It did nothing new, at all. There are so many games from back in the 80's and 90's that blow it, and it's sequels, out of the water in every way, especially the earlier GTA's! FACT.

/sarcasm.
---
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.
#324Mega_SkrullPosted 12/13/2012 3:54:17 PM
I hate rapists, lawyers and politicians more
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/20kxa3c.jpg "=[_]=! Bump some other boobs, will ya?!" - p
"That sounds so perverted, dude. ._." - M
#325Luthor_Posted 12/13/2012 3:57:34 PM(edited)
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

It's really too bad all of these are true.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#326AXKSIONPosted 12/13/2012 3:57:08 PM
so sad when little kids think that just because something is new it's better.

so what about all the hipster music these days and dubstep? what about all the sucky movies coming out of Hollywood these days?
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#327Luthor_Posted 12/13/2012 3:58:14 PM
so sad when little kids think that just because something is new it's better.

so what about all the hipster music these days and dubstep? what about all the sucky movies coming out of Hollywood these days?

Hey, I've been gaming since the SNES and I still enjoy Dubstep ;)
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#328G-NsericoPosted 12/13/2012 4:00:18 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

Yeah right, and now you are gonna tell me that Fallout 3 is better than Fallout 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution is better than Deus Ex, Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2, Resident Evil 6 is better than Resident Evil 2 or that Final Fantasy XIII-2 is better than Final Fantasy 6 and Final Fantasy 7.

I think you are the one blinded by "graphics and mechanics" my friend.
#329Captain_NESPosted 12/13/2012 4:03:58 PM
DViper97 posted...
Captain_NES posted...
I concur....RESIDENT EVIL 6 is the Gillette of the franchise, IT'S BETTER THAN ALL THE REST!

LMFAO!! *standing ovation* That was a GOOD one!! I haven't thought of those Gillette commercials since Bob Dole ran for president.

To keep it going: "RESIDENT EVIL 6 is the Gillette of the franshise. It's" THE BEST A MAN CAN GEEEET!

Lol now who's gonna quote the Venus ads? (You are my fire, my desire!)
---
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!
#330NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 4:16:24 PM
But fallout 3 IS much better than fallout 2...