Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#351Vegeta1000Posted 12/13/2012 9:54:14 PM
I like how the TC pretty much disappeared after making the topic.

"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

NSMBU is a great game, but SMW might be the best 2D platformer ever.

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

Two different genres. But are excellent, but I prefer Super Metroid.

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

Skyward Sword is decent, but no where near Ocarina of Time's league.

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

FFVII is 1,000x better than that sorry excuse of a JRPG.

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

I haven't played Galaxy 2 yet, but I enjoyed Galaxy 1 a lot. That being said, SM64 imo is still the pinnacle of 3D platformers.

Saying an older game is better than a newer game has nothing to do with nostalgia. This is just an excuse that current gen fanboys will use. Some older game are just better period.

Mario Kart 64 is better than Mario Kart Wii

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is much better than Sonic 4: Episode 1 & 2

Kirby Superstar is better than Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Original Metal Gear Solid is better than The Twin Snakes

Resident Evil 1-CV are better than Resident Evil 6

Soul Calibur II is better than Soul Calibur V

Mortal Kombat 3 is better than Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

Goldeneye 007 (N64) is better than any James Bond game (before or after)

Tales of Symphonia (GC) is better than Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World

Madden 2002 is better than Madden '12

Any Metroid game is better than Metroid: Other M

Those are just some examples of older games being better.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#352Tsutarja495Posted 12/13/2012 9:58:54 PM
I loved the vast majority of Skyward Sword, including things like the notes and the Silent Realms. My biggest complaint was Fi. I liked her autotune robotic voice, and her robotic dialogue style, but I wish she would just shut up most of the time. Constantly telling me stuff that was obvious, interrupting the game. The partners from other games did it sometimes, but Fi just went way beyond that. Next Zelda game should include an option to shut off the sidekick during the gameplay. That said, she wasn't enough to ruin the game for me, and the motion controls made it my favorite Zelda game. This was motion controls done right, it all just felt so fluent. Going back to the buttons of the older games just feels kinda boring to me now.
#353CarpetfluffPosted 12/14/2012 11:31:12 AM
BruceWayneJr posted...
It's the extreme "this or that" attitude that is destroying criticism and, quite frankly, critical thinking. You're allowed to like old games along with new games; I'm not beholden to one or the other and neither should you be.

That's very true, but there's nothing to stop someone from liking one more than the other and saying you prefer one doesn't automatically assume you dislike the other.