Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#41CalibuhrrPosted 12/12/2012 9:25:24 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

Idk about the first one, I haven't played NSMBWU
Prime is better than Super Metroid
OoT is better than Skyward Sword, I hate SS for some reason. I like TP though
FF7 is so much better than XIII. Don't even get me started on that.
I hate Mario Galaxy. It's just jumping from one small planet to another. I'd rather just have one normal fun level.
#42OlimarxPosted 12/12/2012 9:33:00 PM
I prefer the mechanics/ physics of smw over nsmbu, thus I find smw to be the better game. There's a lot of platformers others really like that I don't for this same reason, and that's just fine with me. Please don't stroke out in rage, tc.

pokemon is too complicated and feels uninspred to me anymore. I enjoyed crystal and gold, but further than that I just couldn't do it. Too much of the same, while simultaneously too unfamiliar. The fact that the series still sells attests to the fact that others feel different. We'll be okay though.

Zelda is better on a standard controller from my perspective.. Literally, the way my bedroom is set up, aiming and motion control don't work that well. loztp on gamecube was fantastic though.
---
My mission is to kill time, and time's to kill me in its turn. How comfortable one is among murderers. - Emile M. Cioran
#43snae99Posted 12/12/2012 9:39:44 PM
NoJobBob posted...

- Yeah I do like SMW more than NSMBU, but it's still a good game.

- I like Prime more than Super Metroid. Still like both

- I like Ocarina of Time FAR more than Skyward Sword. Again, I still like SS.

- Never played a FF game, can't comment.

- Haven't played Galaxy 2, but I do like Galaxy and Sunshine more than 64. Still love 64.

My friend recently played Ocarina of Time for the first time and it's his favorite Zelda. Does that make him a person blinded by nostalgia?
---
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros. U, Natural Selection 2, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Halo 4, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Nintendoland
#44AkaneJonesPosted 12/12/2012 9:40:07 PM
NoJobBob posted...

That's not Nostalgia Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, VII, IX, & X are better that Final Fantasy XIII.
Even Final Fantasy I, II, III, and VIII give it a good beating. I'm avoiding comparing Final Fantasy XII and the spin offs. Corridor of cut scenes and battles that waste the first 20 hour aren't getting big point on the good RPG spectrum. It's like playing a game built around what was wrong with the big underground cave dungeon in Quest 64, only now with pretty graphics and a load of cut scenes with tenchobabble.
#45ValorZraykPosted 12/12/2012 9:50:01 PM
NoJobBob posted...

I haven't finished 13 (90% through), and 13>>>>>>>7
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>Days>1>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>7>12>1>2>10-2
#46ProtoManEXE88Posted 12/12/2012 9:54:47 PM
"NEWER GAMES = BETTER GAMES NO MATTER WHAT!"
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#47flagg2kplusPosted 12/12/2012 9:58:55 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU" It is

"Super Metroid is better than Prime" It is

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword' It is

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though) It is a MILLION times better lol

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2" It is

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

All of those are true.

Whats your point?
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#48DiscostewSMPosted 12/12/2012 10:01:33 PM
In an honest answer, some might actually see them as better, not just because those were simpler times, nor because those games were actually good (and still are), but because they grew up on those games, and some of their best memories come from them.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#49chitowndocPosted 12/12/2012 10:03:43 PM
Buretsu posted...
NoJobBob posted...

Ocarina is better, but that's not fair, because Skyward Sword sucked.

Final Fantasy VI was better than either of those.

The others are a matter of opinion, so meh.

Skyward Sword sucks? Way to lose any videogame cred you might have.

And to the OP: Final Fantasy 13 was friggin terrible. FF7 far superior. Otherwise i agree with your choices.
#50Raddy8Posted 12/12/2012 10:05:56 PM
People are allowed to like different things, be it old or new releases. Better graphics don't make a game better. Yes, I enjoy a game that looks really good, but it's not an instant win because of that fact.
Mechanics is a mixed bag for me. Sure you'd think having more options/controls/variables would be a good thing in a game, but honestly some games over do it and it's just not necessary to have all the extra stuff.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895