Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#51exchrystalswordPosted 12/12/2012 10:08:24 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

I find it kinda strange that you are so upset that other people's opinions differ than yours.

I like super metroid over prime.

OoT is better than SS due to no motion controls (something I did not enjoy)

FF7 actually has charm, open world, airship control, and overall a much more enjoyable story than the turd FFXIII. Yes I like games that require me to do more than just run down a straight line hitting auto attack.

Again SM64 has charm to it and while Galaxy games are fun, they didn't seem to have as much variety as SM64 for me.

People have different opinions, learn to respect it and move on.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3868-7402-0278
#52BeerOnTapPosted 12/12/2012 10:11:22 PM
NoJobBob posted...

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

The first one would be a toss up for me.
The second one, I couldn't care less, because I don't like Metroid.

But the last three...
Ocarina of Time is and always will be the best Legend Of Zelda game in the series.
FF7 was THE ONLY playable FF. The rest are just boring.
And SM64 is better than Galaxy 2.

Call it nostalgia, I call it taste.
#53JeroisourosinPosted 12/12/2012 10:11:41 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Street Fighter Alpha 3 is better than Street Fighter IV?

Alpha Max 3 IS better....at least for me,in my own opinion it's 1000% better. Better roster,great art style,easy to get into to (until you fight bison =_=)
---
Worst fanboys-Sony's...maybe PC.
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#54TKDBoy1889Posted 12/12/2012 10:17:04 PM
NoJobBob posted...

Pretty graphics do not make a game good. And sometimes simpler just works better. Not everything has to be super complex.
#55helldewPosted 12/12/2012 10:19:26 PM
oh god these people are the worst

red has like a million less feautures than black but yet people sometimes say the old ones are better lol

Red has stadium... and stadium 2 as support... i think it could easily be argued its better then black and white. from a single player perspective those two games have more content and possible play hours then any other pokemon games with out going into the repetitive grind rince repeate. Stadium takes forever to beat Red gets turbo 3X speed with it. Stadium has a billion different modes mini games etc. Stadium 2 has an entire freaking library acadamey professor oaks PC is the single greatest feature a game has had in that franchise.

black online is better with simulators anyways.

IMO platnium is still the pinnacle of pokemon games though. IMO its

Platnium
B/W2
XD gale of darkness
Emerald
FR/LG

as my personal top 5.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#56darkqueenhelbaPosted 12/12/2012 10:21:00 PM
I just hate people.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#57TheFlamingCPosted 12/12/2012 10:21:09 PM
Final Fantasy XIII WAS garbage. The rest of those games, though? They were great.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#58GoombaXPosted 12/12/2012 10:21:53 PM
NoJobBob posted...

okay
depends on the prime, Super metroid is better than 3 imo
I enjoy OOt more than SS mainly cause i dont have to use motion controls
FF 7 is better than FF 13, but i like ff 13-2 as equally as i do 7
Sm64 is about the same as galaxy for me, unless its the ds iteration of it then it beats it.
It isnt nostalgia that makes those games great. its the fact that they are good games.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#59DTY3Posted 12/12/2012 10:23:56 PM
Super Metroid being better than Prime is a legitimate argument seeing as how one is a 2D game and the other is First Person.
That much is up to taste. I prefer...well look at my sig.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#60johnluke728Posted 12/12/2012 10:24:45 PM
Enigma149 posted...
sentoworf posted...
"Red/Blue is better than Black/White"

But it is.

Look - in your "Generation V" (no generations count past 2, btw), you had online play. Why? What good does online do for Pokemon? And don't get me started on the story. "Legendary hero"? What is this - an RPG? Whatever happened to just challenging the Pokemon League? I heard you don't even battle the champion after beating the Elite 4? Oh, and there're too many Pokemon...well, all right, there are too many things Nintendo is calling Pokemon (because, whatever the hell these things are, they sure aren't real Pokemon...I mean, a sentient gear Pokemon? Whatever happened to sentient magnets?). The colors and graphics just stagnate creativity.

But you know what's really bad about Black and White? The music. I mean, you have to listen to stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPz7yklWrA

While we true Pokemon fans can enjoy music like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7ivinTacg

See? It's so much better.

Wow, we got somebody with their nostalgia goggles on tight. How can you not like Black version's music? It's the best I've ever heard in a freaking Pokemon game. Red and Blue had the most iconic tunes, I'll admit, but saying either is "better" just isn't fair. It's all about taste.

Also, Red/Blue had the most unbearable, awful pixel art to stare at. If you're going to give me a plain white background, a piss-poor frame-rate, and crappy battle "effects" that might as well just describe what's going on, at least get the art right; it was downright sloppy and gross to look at. Couldn't stand seeing some pathetic mutant that only resembled Vaporeon in name when I was twelve, and I still don't like it now. Most Gameboy games looked awful, but Red/Blue could have been more professional with the in-battle artwork, whether they had enough "colors" to work with or not.

I'll never touch either of those again, and Pokemon Yellow wasn't much better either. At least when I play Pokemon Black, my eyes aren't assaulted with bad, and I mean terrible, art. (At least GBC titles like Oracle of Seasons and Shantae have aged gracefully.)

The whole experience nowadays is beautiful and fast-paced. Probably more complicated than most would like with Spec stats and people nuzlocking their critters like crazy, but it's still the same game at its core; just improved. If you prefer the original games, that's fine too, but I don't like seeing exactly what the TC is saying here, rose-tinted nostalgia that's stuck in the past. The Nineties called, they want their VHS movie players back.
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!