Theres nothing I hate more than people blinded by nostalgia

#61AhnoldDoodPosted 12/12/2012 10:25:36 PM
johnluke728 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
sentoworf posted...
"Red/Blue is better than Black/White"

But it is.

Look - in your "Generation V" (no generations count past 2, btw), you had online play. Why? What good does online do for Pokemon? And don't get me started on the story. "Legendary hero"? What is this - an RPG? Whatever happened to just challenging the Pokemon League? I heard you don't even battle the champion after beating the Elite 4? Oh, and there're too many Pokemon...well, all right, there are too many things Nintendo is calling Pokemon (because, whatever the hell these things are, they sure aren't real Pokemon...I mean, a sentient gear Pokemon? Whatever happened to sentient magnets?). The colors and graphics just stagnate creativity.

But you know what's really bad about Black and White? The music. I mean, you have to listen to stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPz7yklWrA

While we true Pokemon fans can enjoy music like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7ivinTacg

See? It's so much better.

Wow, we got somebody with their nostalgia goggles on tight. How can you not like Black version's music? It's the best I've ever heard in a freaking Pokemon game. Red and Blue had the most iconic tunes, I'll admit, but saying either is "better" just isn't fair. It's all about taste.

Also, Red/Blue had the most unbearable, awful pixel art to stare at. If you're going to give me a plain white background, a piss-poor frame-rate, and crappy battle "effects" that might as well just describe what's going on, at least get the art right; it was downright sloppy and gross to look at. Couldn't stand seeing some pathetic mutant that only resembled Vaporeon in name when I was twelve, and I still don't like it now. Most Gameboy games looked awful, but Red/Blue could have been more professional with the in-battle artwork, whether they had enough "colors" to work with or not.

I'll never touch either of those again, and Pokemon Yellow wasn't much better either. At least when I play Pokemon Black, my eyes aren't assaulted with bad, and I mean terrible, art. (At least GBC titles like Oracle of Seasons and Shantae have aged gracefully.)

The whole experience nowadays is beautiful and fast-paced. Probably more complicated than most would like with Spec stats and people nuzlocking their critters like crazy, but it's still the same game at its core; just improved. If you prefer the original games, that's fine too, but I don't like seeing exactly what the TC is saying here, rose-tinted nostalgia that's stuck in the past. The Nineties called, they want their VHS movie players back.

Enigma was being sarcastic.
#62Arn544Posted 12/12/2012 10:28:50 PM
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

Nothing I hate more than some preteen parasite trying to tell other people why they liked something.

FF13 was utter trash for one, people hating a story with a bunch of *****ts whining about how hard they have it for 40 hours and people hating walking down a hall for 20 hours isn't nostalgia.

The games are more fun to play, it's not the fact somebody played them first. I didn't play FF6 until a few years ago, still thought it was better than XII/XIII. Had a better story and way better gameplay.

Just because something has better graphics doesn't make it better, it just makes it a CGI terd
#63johnluke728Posted 12/12/2012 10:29:41 PM
AhnoldDood posted...

Really? D: *bricks self*
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#64Tsutarja495Posted 12/12/2012 10:31:34 PM
Oh, and I guess I'll go through the examples with how I liked them.
NSMBU > SMW (just felt more fun, also multiplayer)
Super Metroid > Prime (don't like first person games)
Skyward Sword > OoT (love the motion controls)
FF7 > Ff13 (don't own either, basing off videos I watched)
Galaxy > SM64 (just flat out didn't like SM64)

These are how I feel about them, not whether they are good or bad.
#65DTY3Posted 12/12/2012 10:32:31 PM
johnluke728 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
sentoworf posted...
"Red/Blue is better than Black/White"

But it is.

Look - in your "Generation V" (no generations count past 2, btw), you had online play. Why? What good does online do for Pokemon? And don't get me started on the story. "Legendary hero"? What is this - an RPG? Whatever happened to just challenging the Pokemon League? I heard you don't even battle the champion after beating the Elite 4? Oh, and there're too many Pokemon...well, all right, there are too many things Nintendo is calling Pokemon (because, whatever the hell these things are, they sure aren't real Pokemon...I mean, a sentient gear Pokemon? Whatever happened to sentient magnets?). The colors and graphics just stagnate creativity.

But you know what's really bad about Black and White? The music. I mean, you have to listen to stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPz7yklWrA

While we true Pokemon fans can enjoy music like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7ivinTacg

See? It's so much better.

Wow, we got somebody with their nostalgia goggles on tight. How can you not like Black version's music? It's the best I've ever heard in a freaking Pokemon game. Red and Blue had the most iconic tunes, I'll admit, but saying either is "better" just isn't fair. It's all about taste.

Also, Red/Blue had the most unbearable, awful pixel art to stare at. If you're going to give me a plain white background, a piss-poor frame-rate, and crappy battle "effects" that might as well just describe what's going on, at least get the art right; it was downright sloppy and gross to look at. Couldn't stand seeing some pathetic mutant that only resembled Vaporeon in name when I was twelve, and I still don't like it now. Most Gameboy games looked awful, but Red/Blue could have been more professional with the in-battle artwork, whether they had enough "colors" to work with or not.

I'll never touch either of those again, and Pokemon Yellow wasn't much better either. At least when I play Pokemon Black, my eyes aren't assaulted with bad, and I mean terrible, art. (At least GBC titles like Oracle of Seasons and Shantae have aged gracefully.)

The whole experience nowadays is beautiful and fast-paced. Probably more complicated than most would like with Spec stats and people nuzlocking their critters like crazy, but it's still the same game at its core; just improved. If you prefer the original games, that's fine too, but I don't like seeing exactly what the TC is saying here, rose-tinted nostalgia that's stuck in the past. The Nineties called, they want their VHS movie players back.

Pssst. Guess what. It was sarcasm.
Conglaturation. The post flew over your head.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#66johnluke728Posted 12/12/2012 10:33:07 PM
Arn544 posted...
Just because something has better graphics doesn't make it better, it just makes it a CGI terd

I have to admit, that's a pretty good point. I enjoy how much more Pokemon games have to offer now, but if it was only prettier with each new iteration I probably wouldn't care. Thankfully the games have both a better presentation and features every time, so I'm happy. XD
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#67VycoulPosted 12/12/2012 10:33:08 PM
I hate opinions too TC.
---
Merry Christmas!
If ^this^ statement somehow offended you, the probability of you being a total idiot increases 70 fold.
#68Gleason037Posted 12/12/2012 10:33:28 PM
There's a difference between being blinded by nostalgia and not liking a game. I'll play Smash Bros. Melee over brawl any day because Brawl is more of a party game than an actual fighting game. FF13's high points are the graphics and music...but you got funnelled along a tight rope for 99% of the game and the characters weren't all that exciting (I do give them props for making Fang and Vanille a couple, though). I think FF4 and 6 (5 was good too but the character development was weaker) were just more FUN to play. This is also why I'll still replay Shining Force II every year or so.

Does this mean I only like older games? No. I completed the Arland trilogy, I'm STILL trying to get through Demon's Souls, and although it's a port, I ran through Growlanser IV when it came out like no one's business. I also look forward to PSO2. The difference is, a lot of games have TOO many mechanics or try to be TOO complicated, or, if you look at a lot of current gen games, they're so focused on graphics and extra b.s. that they neglect a very important aspect of RPGs...the story. This, more than anything, may be why people still flock to the older games.

Anyways, those are my two cents.
---
PSN: Gleason037
#69DTY3Posted 12/12/2012 10:33:31 PM
johnluke728 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Really? D: *bricks self*

TOO LATE *brick breaker*
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#70MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 12/12/2012 10:35:43 PM(edited)
NoJobBob posted...
"SMW is better than NSMBWiiU"

"Super Metroid is better than Prime"

"Ocarina of time is better than Skyward Sword'

"Final Fantasy Vii is better than FF XIII"(different system. same thing though)

"SM64 is better than Galaxy 2"

It just makes me sick. The mechanics and graphics are so much better today than they used to be.

So TC what if I had more fun when I played Super Metroid than when I played Prime and therefor would say it's better. Please explain why I could not have legitimately had more fun when I played one over the other?

I'd like ANYONE to explain that to me please.
---
Currently playing: Herzog Zwei