So I just bricked my Wii U on the new firmware update.

#1ThE MaSTeR 3Posted 12/13/2012 12:58:29 AM
download froze during downloading. left it on for 6hrs without any activity. pulled the plug and.... BRICK!!

well done nintendo. I thought it was only the launch firmware update that had this problem? I had the firmware installed. I was downloading the new 2.1.0 december update. Any fix I can do or is it 100% bricked and needs repairs?

If its the 2nd option than looks like I'll be $270 richer tomorrow.
#2ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:00:41 AM
how can they design a system that bricks on the downloading part!? It wasnt even installing! Even if it was on the installing part (which is was not) it should be a slim chance on bricking (like every other device ever created).
#3ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:08:37 AM
wow. I cant even get my RENTED game out of the system now. white light is on indicating the game is in system. press eject and wont come out.

any manual eject on this thing (paperclip) like regular dvd drives?
#4MiraiLinkPosted 12/13/2012 1:12:09 AM
Are you able to turn it on and is there a black screen? If so, leave it on. It might still be able to finish downloading if you wait it out.
If not, try this:
-Try unplugging it and then waiting 2 minutes. Might reset it.
-Hold down the power button for 6 seconds.
---
RIP CITY!
Now Playing: videos games
#5STN79Posted 12/13/2012 1:29:47 AM
Stop acting like it's all Nintendo's fault. Any game system that gets firmware updates could possibly do this. Even on PS3 there's a warning not to turn off the system. After six hours is a little bit rediculous. Your internet must really suck if it's taking that long.
#6wartpigXPosted 12/13/2012 1:39:36 AM
sounds like his download froze.. not his fault

may have timed out.... again not his fault

installing firmware WHILE it is downloading IS nintendos fault.

others download the whole file before it installs. why nintendo didnt follow this is beyond me.

i have a friend whos bricked launch day. took it back got a new one. wich he bricked intentionally. got a new one, wash rinse repeat. 6 later he got his money back and nintendo ate the cost of 6 wii u's.

this explains the sales
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#7NikraPosted 12/13/2012 1:43:23 AM(edited)
Does the red light comes on when you plug it in or is it totally dead? It might be the AC power adapter. When that happens with the Wii. You'd had to unplug the AC from both the console and the wall socket and then wait 2 minutes before plugging it back in. That sometimes worked. It's called resetting the AC power adapter.
It's worth a try though.
Oh and you must unplug everything from the Wii U too.
#8knightimexPosted 12/13/2012 1:53:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9doraemonllh1989Posted 12/13/2012 2:02:22 AM
Wii U=next gen 360

durability lolz
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#10MiraiLinkPosted 12/13/2012 2:02:44 AM
wartpigX posted...
sounds like his download froze.. not his fault

may have timed out.... again not his fault

installing firmware WHILE it is downloading IS nintendos fault.

others download the whole file before it installs. why nintendo didnt follow this is beyond me.

i have a friend whos bricked launch day. took it back got a new one. wich he bricked intentionally. got a new one, wash rinse repeat. 6 later he got his money back and nintendo ate the cost of 6 wii u's.

this explains the sales

Your friend is a disturbed individual. Why would he waste time bricking six system?
---
RIP CITY!
Now Playing: videos games