So I just bricked my Wii U on the new firmware update.

#11ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 3:14:01 AM
STN79 posted...
Stop acting like it's all Nintendo's fault. Any game system that gets firmware updates could possibly do this. Even on PS3 there's a warning not to turn off the system. After six hours is a little bit rediculous. Your internet must really suck if it's taking that long.

this is the only system ever created that can consistently cause a brick. It is nintendos fault for designing the system like this. you should never be locked into a download like this. I understand if its installing. but downloading you should have the option to escape/cancel. Other systems wouldnt brick this much even if you tried.
#12gamezrochardPosted 12/13/2012 3:15:35 AM
wartpigX posted...
sounds like his download froze.. not his fault

may have timed out.... again not his fault

installing firmware WHILE it is downloading IS nintendos fault.

others download the whole file before it installs. why nintendo didnt follow this is beyond me.

i have a friend whos bricked launch day. took it back got a new one. wich he bricked intentionally. got a new one, wash rinse repeat. 6 later he got his money back and nintendo ate the cost of 6 wii u's.

this explains the sales

What explains the sales? The fact that your friends a douche and intentionally breaks systems so that everyone losses money and time? No, I think this example is more of a loss to human decency and sense then anything. Shows how stupid and horrible people can be without reason. Must think he's doing the world a favor, too.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#13ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 3:26:40 AM
You know I'm kinda relieved the more I think about it. If I get $370 cash (or even credit) I'll gladly except it. This system has been underwhelming and have been kinda regretting getting one since launch. hopefully these horrible sales keep up and it gets a quick price drop like 3DS and I'll get another one then.
#14wartpigXPosted 12/13/2012 3:40:05 AM
MiraiLink posted...
wartpigX posted...
sounds like his download froze.. not his fault

may have timed out.... again not his fault

installing firmware WHILE it is downloading IS nintendos fault.

others download the whole file before it installs. why nintendo didnt follow this is beyond me.

i have a friend whos bricked launch day. took it back got a new one. wich he bricked intentionally. got a new one, wash rinse repeat. 6 later he got his money back and nintendo ate the cost of 6 wii u's.

this explains the sales

Your friend is a disturbed individual. Why would he waste time bricking six system?

well shouldnt of said friend. co-worker is better.

yes hes a douche.

dont know why he did it but he did get burned by bad hardware last gen.

im not even sure if he told me the truth. i thought it was funny tho.

and explain the sales was just a crack at the 400k sales in usa. half from returns.

i dont have a dog in this fight. im going pc. sony lost me on consoles with the faulty ps2, xbox lost me with 6rrod 360's. nintendo dosent have the type of games i like (raid games like MH and phantasy star or sandbox games like fallout nv) any games the consoles get i can get on PC in a much better format that can be modded. however the wii u would be the console i would get.
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#15x2link777Posted 12/13/2012 3:54:59 AM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
You know I'm kinda relieved the more I think about it. If I get $370 cash (or even credit) I'll gladly except it. This system has been underwhelming and have been kinda regretting getting one since launch. hopefully these horrible sales keep up and it gets a quick price drop like 3DS and I'll get another one then.

LOL, 1million+ global sales in under a month is not horrible in any way shape or form. That, and if you regret getting one, thats your fault, you should have actually researched it. You know why I've never regretted buying anything in my life? Because I dont just buy on a whim, I research, and calculate to see if it's worth it. Sorry you lack this basic reason and logic..
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#16ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 5:08:37 AM
x2link777 posted...
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...

LOL, 1million+ global sales in under a month is not horrible in any way shape or form. That, and if you regret getting one, thats your fault, you should have actually researched it. You know why I've never regretted buying anything in my life? Because I dont just buy on a whim, I research, and calculate to see if it's worth it. Sorry you lack this basic reason and logic..

lol I was on this board almost everyday anticipating wii u and knew everything about it. I had a feeling it would be fun but not worth $370. I was right. My videogame addiction got the best of me and of course I got it on launch. Now this bricking has given me a chance to redeem my decision. and got to play wii u for free for a month. so not a bad deal lol.
#17nonexistingheroPosted 12/13/2012 6:39:50 AM
STN79 posted...
Stop acting like it's all Nintendo's fault. Any game system that gets firmware updates could possibly do this. Even on PS3 there's a warning not to turn off the system. After six hours is a little bit rediculous. Your internet must really suck if it's taking that long.

No, not a single system can brick from crashing while "downloading" the updates. Only from crashing during install.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 7:41:43 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
STN79 posted...

No, not a single system can brick from crashing while "downloading" the updates. Only from crashing during install.

exactly. its really stupid and they will obviously need to do something about it or this will get worse than the rrod fiasco.
#19Baha05Posted 12/13/2012 7:44:34 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
Wii U=next gen 360

durability lolz

Yeah because bricking is totally the same as hardware breaking huh?

Also that's not durability.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#20ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 7:45:47 AM
i'm coining it the BBoD for the record.

Blue Blink of Death