So I just bricked my Wii U on the new firmware update.

#21XinundraPosted 12/13/2012 7:47:07 AM
I think you lying or just got some bad luck.

Downloading stuff doesn't brick your hardware. It's the installation part that may cause hardware brick. I got the system frozen on me while downloading and it just corrupt the download files. Once I delete it and redownload again, it work.
#22ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:30:39 AM
Xinundra posted...
I think you lying or just got some bad luck.

Downloading stuff doesn't brick your hardware. It's the installation part that may cause hardware brick. I got the system frozen on me while downloading and it just corrupt the download files. Once I delete it and redownload again, it work.

I was DOWNLOADING the latest (2nd) system firmware update (well its been out for a week I guess but I havent play my wii u lately so was new to me). I was prompted to update when I tried to access the eshop so I could download the rayman origins demo. No it wasnt installing. It just started downloading and didnt make it that far before locking up. I waited for 6hrs before finally turning it off (what else could I do? the screen wasnt changing for 6hrs!) and sure enough I got the brick.

Yes a brick shouldnt be possible during downloading but nintendo is ******** when it comes to "new" stuff like download management and screen overscan. both of which they got wrong lol.
#23LonelyGoombaPosted 12/13/2012 9:32:27 AM
I'm sorry but no one can defend how easy it is for the wii u to brick

it's gonna happen to me I know it :(
---
NNID: Deep4t
#24P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/13/2012 9:35:41 AM
I don't believe you.
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#25ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:37:22 AM
Well if I get a full refund I'll actually be kinda happy I got the brick. It was the perfect thing to put me over the edge and is an easy way out of this bad purchase.

games currently out Im intrested in

-nintendoland = cool for a "free" game but gets boring fast

-NSMBU = rented. beat it in 3 days and discovered most secrets. was fun but glad I didnt waste $60 on it. perfect rental

-ZombiU = was going to rent it soon so never got the chance to play it

-scribblnauts U = was thinking about buying this until I found out it was out for pc also. Once I found that out the wii u version was irrelivent. pc editors and keyboard FTW!

-every other game is a "enhanced" port that I already played on 360 and have no intrest in even renting.

by time wii u gets a price drop some of the good first party games might be out. So getting out now is the perfect decision for me. Got a perfect sample and now can wait till its worthy of me coming back to.
#26Nate_DihldorffPosted 12/13/2012 9:38:52 AM
Baha05 posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
Wii U=next gen 360

durability lolz

Yeah because bricking is totally the same as hardware breaking huh?

Also that's not durability.

Software durability is just as important.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#27Nate_DihldorffPosted 12/13/2012 9:40:40 AM
Xinundra posted...
Downloading stuff doesn't brick your hardware.

With the Wii U, apparently it does. I had to send mine out for repairs for this same reason, and the representative I spoke to even said that they install the files during the downloading process.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#28IamDodongoPosted 12/13/2012 9:47:30 AM
I don't believe TC's story
#29SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/13/2012 9:47:34 AM
wartpigX posted...
sounds like his download froze.. not his fault

may have timed out.... again not his fault

installing firmware WHILE it is downloading IS nintendos fault.

others download the whole file before it installs. why nintendo didnt follow this is beyond me.

i have a friend whos bricked launch day. took it back got a new one. wich he bricked intentionally. got a new one, wash rinse repeat. 6 later he got his money back and nintendo ate the cost of 6 wii u's.

this explains the sales

no it does NOT explain the sells.

If he got six units but only paid once the six don't count as a new sell. Damaged units don't get recorded as a sell it's a loss.
#30ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:50:04 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I don't believe you.

IamDodongo posted...
I don't believe TC's story

http://www.anony.ws/i/2012/12/13/KvQgD.jpg

you were saying?