So I just bricked my Wii U on the new firmware update.

#31ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:54:10 AM
well I have a $370 remote that has basic functions lmao. gamepad still works fine... just not with the Wii U anymore lol.

get the out of range screen when I turn on power from gamepad. because its failing to turn on the wii u.
#32ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 11:03:05 AM
crap you can see my 360 in the pic also. its almost like my "story" is real and all of what I have said is true. (wii u bricked, having played all the wii u ports already on 360)
#33DTY3Posted 12/13/2012 11:20:11 AM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
STN79 posted...
Stop acting like it's all Nintendo's fault. Any game system that gets firmware updates could possibly do this. Even on PS3 there's a warning not to turn off the system. After six hours is a little bit rediculous. Your internet must really suck if it's taking that long.

this is the only system ever created that can consistently cause a brick. It is nintendos fault for designing the system like this. you should never be locked into a download like this. I understand if its installing. but downloading you should have the option to escape/cancel. Other systems wouldnt brick this much even if you tried.

360's 50% failure rate says hi.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#34Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/13/2012 11:23:42 AM
STN79 posted...
Stop acting like it's all Nintendo's fault. Any game system that gets firmware updates could possibly do this. Even on PS3 there's a warning not to turn off the system. After six hours is a little bit rediculous. Your internet must really suck if it's taking that long.

As much as all the fanboy denial and victim blaming in this topic amuses me, this post is by far the most, ridiculous.

Stop acting like its nintendos fault? Whos fault do you think it is fanboy? Nintendos awful software decision is the exact reason this and so many other consoles have bricked.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#35MelkacPosted 12/13/2012 11:23:55 AM
The NEW firmware update? I'm sorry, but Nintendo already confirmed you can unplug your cable with no problems, your console won't be bricked.
Not to mention you can play any games while your download was...being downloaded...why didn't you do that?

It's a shame that so many people are answering to you properly, ****ing morons.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#36DynheartPosted 12/13/2012 11:33:11 AM
That's interesting. This has had me intrigued from the get go.

Was it a design choice to keep people from pirating? If so...they are already losing that battle.

The thing is wireless, so it can't be shorting out, or can? There might be a flaw in the power/ON/OFF design. An overload perhaps? Fries the Wii U?

Either way, they need to get this fixed.

I bought mine at launch. Updated it, then put it back in the box for Christmas. I suffered through the RROD, I honestly didn't think Nintendo had it in them to release glitched hardware. Has being a Nintendo early adopter finally bit me in the butt?
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#37DarkAdonis123Posted 12/13/2012 11:36:57 AM
STN79 posted...

It's completely Nintendo's fault for not having back up space partitioned specifically for the OS so this kind of thing would never be an issue.

Every time I've had to update my Wii U I've wondered if I'd be the newest addition to the bricked list. In this case he's clearly a victim of circumstance and you're making condescending remarks about his internet? Unreal. I wonder if you'll still be so smug if and when it's your Wii U that gets bricked.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#38The_DjokerPosted 12/13/2012 11:38:22 AM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
STN79 posted...

this is the only system ever created that can consistently cause a brick. It is nintendos fault for designing the system like this. you should never be locked into a download like this. I understand if its installing. but downloading you should have the option to escape/cancel. Other systems wouldnt brick this much even if you tried.

360's 50% failure rate says hi.

Replacement says hi. Not losing your information or data says hi.

Jesus you fanboys will defend anything. 360 had hardware issues. This thing has fundamental issues with it's OS and software. It's actually worse especially since how awful Nintendo's online structure is and everything being tied to a system. It IS nintendo's fault. It can even launch outdated hardware in 2012 properly with stable software. How incompetent must they be. IT's like a new company making DVD players now and still screwing it up. Cmon.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#39Fierce_Deity777Posted 12/13/2012 11:39:00 AM
Shouldn't these companies install some kind of emergency software that can restore the system to factory default if the firmware is detected as corrupt when powered on?

Or doesn't it work that way?
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Black/White 2 Boards.
#40The_DjokerPosted 12/13/2012 11:40:28 AM
STN79 posted...

It's completely Nintendo's fault for not having back up space partitioned specifically for the OS so this kind of thing would never be an issue.

Every time I've had to update my Wii U I've wondered if I'd be the newest addition to the bricked list. In this case he's clearly a victim of circumstance and you're making condescending remarks about his internet? Unreal. I wonder if you'll still be so smug if and when it's your Wii U that gets bricked.

I wouldn't even bother to respond to Nuthuggers like that. These kids remember had Wii last gen. They aren't use to a proper system with actual layers of interface and account management. And judging by the looks of it...neither are Nintendo lol.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png