So I just bricked my Wii U on the new firmware update.

#41The_DjokerPosted 12/13/2012 11:46:10 AM
The NEW firmware update? I'm sorry, but Nintendo already confirmed you can unplug your cable with no problems, your console won't be bricked.
Not to mention you can play any games while your download was...being downloaded...why didn't you do that?

It's a shame that so many people are answering to you properly, ****ing morons.

And your answer isn't moronic? Jesus christ. The people on this board.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#42ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:05:44 PM
I was locked into the download. clicking the home button wasnt allowed. trying to access the eshop was my fatal mistake lol.
#43Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/13/2012 12:08:29 PM
I was locked into the download. clicking the home button wasnt allowed. trying to access the eshop was my fatal mistake lol.

Where did the fanboys who accused you of lying go? The least they could do is come back and apologize.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#44SplatterHouse55Posted 12/13/2012 12:40:19 PM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
download froze during downloading. left it on for 6hrs without any activity. pulled the plug and.... BRICK!!

well done nintendo. I thought it was only the launch firmware update that had this problem? I had the firmware installed. I was downloading the new 2.1.0 december update. Any fix I can do or is it 100% bricked and needs repairs?

If its the 2nd option than looks like I'll be $270 richer tomorrow.

As much as I'd eventually like to get a WiiU, it's stuff like this that makes me glad that I decided to wait until next year to pick one up - hopefully, all this stuff will get squared away by that time. It did work out to my benefit to wait a couple years to get a 360, and it feels like a safe bet to wait for the kinks to get ironed out on the WiiU.
#45maximumbarmagePosted 12/13/2012 12:41:56 PM
Great OS design Nintendo.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#46kinglink13Posted 12/13/2012 1:00:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#47ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:03:00 PM
but I showed a picture of my wii u with my gamefaqs name in it...
#48kinglink13Posted 12/13/2012 1:04:44 PM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
but I showed a picture of my wii u with my gamefaqs name in it...

Yeah I just saw it, I deleted my post.

Anyway that comment was still stupid.

I lost my connection when I was doing the second big update and it went out of the download and when I went back to it, it started off where it left off.

unplug your console to see what happens.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#49ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:09:41 PM
Fierce_Deity777 posted...
Shouldn't these companies install some kind of emergency software that can restore the system to factory default if the firmware is detected as corrupt when powered on?

Or doesn't it work that way?

yes all other system do that besides wii u. ps3 can easily goto a factory restore menu and 360 can clear failed updated by holding the sync button on the console.

Nintendo not only has no failsafe but they install the update as it downloads! and they wont even let you cancel it safely. once you are locked in you either complete it or you brick!! its crazy.
#50EGMRULZPosted 12/13/2012 1:23:23 PM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
download froze during downloading. left it on for 6hrs without any activity. pulled the plug and.... BRICK!!

well done nintendo. I thought it was only the launch firmware update that had this problem? I had the firmware installed. I was downloading the new 2.1.0 december update. Any fix I can do or is it 100% bricked and needs repairs?

If its the 2nd option than looks like I'll be $270 richer tomorrow.

....Troll topic or did this really happen?