So I just bricked my Wii U on the new firmware update.

#51Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/13/2012 1:27:25 PM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
download froze during downloading. left it on for 6hrs without any activity. pulled the plug and.... BRICK!!

well done nintendo. I thought it was only the launch firmware update that had this problem? I had the firmware installed. I was downloading the new 2.1.0 december update. Any fix I can do or is it 100% bricked and needs repairs?

If its the 2nd option than looks like I'll be $270 richer tomorrow.

....Troll topic or did this really happen?

Another fool is born every day.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#52dbhomiePosted 12/13/2012 6:33:43 PM
Well nintendo sucks when they lied about the Wii U's problems as you should have read that the Wii U wasn't quality checked and decided that we should avoid any downloads and updates at all costs. Just refurse the tearms and conditions and the Wii U never bricks... heck I have had mine since launch here in America and it never once has froze for updates as once you refuse it, it never trys to install itself again.
---
My PBR friend code is: 2105-7453-9147
#53ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 5:25:24 AM
^^^but I actually wanted to fully use the system (demos,game patches,eshop,miiverse) my goal wasnt to try and preserve the console... I thought that would be something it could handle by itself. My NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii all work fine and all but nes and snes are launch models. My luck finally ran out it seems. Well depending what walmart says later today about this return maybe my lucks hasnt run out lol.
#54Nate_DihldorffPosted 12/14/2012 8:49:38 AM
EGMRULZ posted...
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
download froze during downloading. left it on for 6hrs without any activity. pulled the plug and.... BRICK!!

well done nintendo. I thought it was only the launch firmware update that had this problem? I had the firmware installed. I was downloading the new 2.1.0 december update. Any fix I can do or is it 100% bricked and needs repairs?

If its the 2nd option than looks like I'll be $270 richer tomorrow.

....Troll topic or did this really happen?

TC provided proof with the Game Pad saying it can't connect to the Wii U.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."