I never had buyers remorse,ever...but,I impulse bought my wii u and.....

#11SilinelPosted 12/13/2012 7:19:40 AM(edited)
With things I'm interested, but am iffy on, I'll go ahead and buy it. Let the charge hit my bank account, keep the receipt, but don't open it. Usually, I'll decide within a couple of hours whether or not seeing that dip in my funds is worth the thing in front of me.

Most of the time, it's not worth it. I did the same thing with the PS3.
---
[This signature is available only to GameFAQs Gold members]
#12Shooba2Posted 12/13/2012 9:05:40 AM
A new system not having a lot of games at launch is nothing new, and should not come as a surprise.

The fact that the system launched with a new Mario game should make people relatively happy as well (and saying it's not a "real" Mario game is nonsense).

I'm already happier with this system launch than the most recent ones. Super Mario on the N64 was amazing, but once I finished that game, it felt like there was nothing. I bought Pilot Wings out of sheer desperation, and was not thrilled with the game.
#13MegagunstarmanPosted 12/13/2012 9:08:25 AM(edited)
Mech_Battalion posted...
Monster Hunter is not for everyone, it is kind of boring... I keep hearing people saying "Wait till E3" but that's in 6+ months, and then you have to wait longer for the games to be released.

They should have launched the console with more games to spread out over the next 6 months. they also should have persuaded more companies to start making ports for them if they couldn't get them to make new games at all.

The sad truth is, if you have a ps3 or xbox the only reason to get a wiiu are the nintendo franchises. Other than that it is just another port machine like the Wii was. But even that will stop once nexgen hits the market. I think nintendo needs to pull an Apple and announce a nexgen console at E3, it may piss people off but it would solve 90% of their problems.

1/10

Way to obvious brah.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#14digiblasterPosted 12/13/2012 9:29:01 AM
richbad posted...
I'm kinda feeling that way,here's why:
I bought it based on the the tech,my girlfriend who is not a hardcore gamer,but loves nintendo,the hype of legions of Nintendo fans who were so excited about the wii u.
I usually do extensive research,play the system and target games I want to play and buy come launch.
This time based on Nintendos rep mostly,I blindly bought this,realizing there really aren't any games out for it,so why did I buy it?
I own all the mass effect games,batman,etc...there is no Zelda,or new real Mario game
Which I would buy and I own nba 2k13.
I thought about zombie u,but not really in to first person games outside of halo,cod.which I have.if it were 3rd person,we might have something.
It's crazy because I really just need some good games to justify this purchase,
Otherwise,I should've bought an iPad mini or something,waited for the good first party games to come out.
I need Zelda....after seeing that tech demo,that's what made me want this.

FYI, you put a space after a comma as well. I wouldn't have minded if you'd done it a couple of times but that's just painful.
#15pikachupwnagePosted 12/13/2012 9:33:11 AM
richbad posted...
I'm kinda feeling that way,here's why:
I bought it based on the the tech,my girlfriend who is not a hardcore gamer,but loves nintendo,the hype of legions of Nintendo fans who were so excited about the wii u.
I usually do extensive research,play the system and target games I want to play and buy come launch.
This time based on Nintendos rep mostly,I blindly bought this,realizing there really aren't any games out for it,so why did I buy it?
I own all the mass effect games,batman,etc...there is no Zelda,or new real Mario game
Which I would buy and I own nba 2k13.
I thought about zombie u,but not really in to first person games outside of halo,cod.which I have.if it were 3rd person,we might have something.
It's crazy because I really just need some good games to justify this purchase,
Otherwise,I should've bought an iPad mini or something,waited for the good first party games to come out.
I need Zelda....after seeing that tech demo,that's what made me want this.

This post....is oddly structured.

And you have got to be kidding about no new "real mario game" right?

ZombiU is first person but its survival horror not a shooter

We know Zelda us in devolpment along with a 3D mario.

There are plenty of good games just not ones that cater to your limited tastes.
---
"There's only one legitimate reason to be doing anything, and that is for the lulz"
#16FayeLadyPosted 12/13/2012 9:56:42 AM
I can understand. Ive played most of the games on other systems too. While I'd love to play ME3 and Arkham City again, I certainly wont be paying full price to do it. Mario is pretty safe but you'll beat it in a weekend. Shelf it and revisit it later, or play an original Wii game.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#17SorsShinjoPosted 12/13/2012 10:22:20 AM
easy solution: sell it now while you still get some money back for it and buy it again once the price dropped and zelda is released
---
If you feel scammed by a company but don't want to stop playing their games: Buy them used, it's the smart gamer's boycott method
#18DemonDog666Posted 12/13/2012 10:25:51 AM
teknic1200 posted...
huh? monster hunter comes out in march and there's no going to be a price drop before then..

Yeah a wii port is such a big deal... if anything that just shows how sad that line up is.
#19DemonDog666Posted 12/13/2012 10:27:26 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
This post....is oddly structured.

And you have got to be kidding about no new "real mario game" right?

ZombiU is first person but its survival horror not a shooter

We know Zelda us in devolpment along with a 3D mario.

There are plenty of good games just not ones that cater to your limited tastes.

Then why didn't you mention any?
#20Mech_BattalionPosted 12/14/2012 8:27:15 AM
Nintendo fanboys are like Middle America, they are blinded by their ignorance and if you say one bad thing about their beliefs they attack you and call you names...