The official I regret buying a WIIU topic.

#11melbye80Posted 12/13/2012 10:17:57 AM
Right now i regret buying a WiiU, but it has nothing to do with the console itself. Got some health-issues right now.
#12RapidFireAlPosted 12/13/2012 10:27:49 AM
I'm not unhappy with my purchase. But outside of Monster Hunter, I'm not super impressed with next year's line-up.

I'm sure the AAA titles will come in time. But looking back on it, I probably could've waited.
#13kinglink13Posted 12/13/2012 10:30:48 AM
You thought the Wii U was going to get Gears of War?

Oh my.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#14guttertalkPosted 12/13/2012 10:34:19 AM
I definitely regret reading this thread.
#15supergamerbret(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 10:34:38 AM
Ok guys I was jusfoolin'. I don't have a Wii U yet because I looked at the line up & there is nothing out that I want yet.

We know someone will make this topic when all they had to do was do 5 minutes of research to see if they wanted the system or not.
#16shadestreetPosted 12/13/2012 10:37:34 AM
I knew the lineup would be sparse, and I wasn't expecting Nintendo to magically acquire rights to 1st party games of the competitors (seriously TC?), but this is probably the first console I have remorse purchasing.

Two things lead to this:

1) Backwards Compatibility to me is a high priority - I am a console collector, but at the same time, I like a clean minimized living room - as few consoles as necessary, the rest boxed in storage. The Wii U I assumed would let me completely remove my Wii, as it is fully BC, but I have yet to pull the trigger on importing my Wii to the Wii U because I really don't like the Menu-within-a-menu; still having to use a SD card to play VC games once they exceed the 512 MB limit (despite having 32 minus 5 gb available); the continued lack of support for VC in general - it is just a mess.

2) Since Nintendo is embracing the multi-sku concept for the first time, I probably should have waited until the better version comes out next year (I know since the NES they have history near the middle/end of a console to offer redesign, but aside from DSi it is usually only aesthetic and not functional) - yes, it can use an external HDD, but considering the lack of games on horizon and poor integration of the Wii, I should have waited for next years model.

3) Money would have been better spent elsewhere like an iPad mini or getting that TurboDuo I have always wanted.
#17silverbulltPosted 12/13/2012 10:38:03 AM
supergamerbret posted...
Ok guys I was jusfoolin'. I don't have a Wii U yet because I looked at the line up & there is nothing out that I want yet.

We know someone will make this topic when all they had to do was do 5 minutes of research to see if they wanted the system or not.

We're pretty sure you bought the Wii U expecting Gears of War... Can't back out of it now..
#18grandabxPosted 12/13/2012 10:38:58 AM
RapidFireAl posted...
I'm not unhappy with my purchase. But outside of Monster Hunter, I'm not super impressed with next year's line-up.

I'm sure the AAA titles will come in time. But looking back on it, I probably could've waited.

if you don't have a ps3, you could've got a 500 gb version with uncharted for 300(amazon). also dark souls is only 20$. you people have let nintendo trojan horse you again. actually sell it. you might be able to get your money back. send me a friend request.
#19MegagunstarmanPosted 12/13/2012 10:48:45 AM
I regret buying a Wii U because it broke my TV and my arm. I was playing the dance game and the controller was charging because of the horrible battery. So of course it gets rapped around my legs as I'm dancing and smash! I trip and fall right into my TV.

Nintendo really didn't think things through with the Wii U.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#20DarkAdonis123Posted 12/13/2012 11:00:52 AM
Everybody knows Uncharted 4 will be a Wii U exclusive.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue