The official I regret buying a WIIU topic.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The official I regret buying a WIIU topic.

User Info: melbye80

melbye80
4 years ago#11
Right now i regret buying a WiiU, but it has nothing to do with the console itself. Got some health-issues right now.

User Info: RapidFireAl

RapidFireAl
4 years ago#12
I'm not unhappy with my purchase. But outside of Monster Hunter, I'm not super impressed with next year's line-up.

I'm sure the AAA titles will come in time. But looking back on it, I probably could've waited.

User Info: kinglink13

kinglink13
4 years ago#13
You thought the Wii U was going to get Gears of War?

Oh my.
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic

User Info: guttertalk

guttertalk
4 years ago#14
I definitely regret reading this thread.

User Info: supergamerbret

supergamerbret
4 years ago#15
Ok guys I was jusfoolin'. I don't have a Wii U yet because I looked at the line up & there is nothing out that I want yet.

We know someone will make this topic when all they had to do was do 5 minutes of research to see if they wanted the system or not.

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
4 years ago#16
I knew the lineup would be sparse, and I wasn't expecting Nintendo to magically acquire rights to 1st party games of the competitors (seriously TC?), but this is probably the first console I have remorse purchasing.

Two things lead to this:

1) Backwards Compatibility to me is a high priority - I am a console collector, but at the same time, I like a clean minimized living room - as few consoles as necessary, the rest boxed in storage. The Wii U I assumed would let me completely remove my Wii, as it is fully BC, but I have yet to pull the trigger on importing my Wii to the Wii U because I really don't like the Menu-within-a-menu; still having to use a SD card to play VC games once they exceed the 512 MB limit (despite having 32 minus 5 gb available); the continued lack of support for VC in general - it is just a mess.

2) Since Nintendo is embracing the multi-sku concept for the first time, I probably should have waited until the better version comes out next year (I know since the NES they have history near the middle/end of a console to offer redesign, but aside from DSi it is usually only aesthetic and not functional) - yes, it can use an external HDD, but considering the lack of games on horizon and poor integration of the Wii, I should have waited for next years model.

3) Money would have been better spent elsewhere like an iPad mini or getting that TurboDuo I have always wanted.

User Info: silverbullt

silverbullt
4 years ago#17
supergamerbret posted...
Ok guys I was jusfoolin'. I don't have a Wii U yet because I looked at the line up & there is nothing out that I want yet.

We know someone will make this topic when all they had to do was do 5 minutes of research to see if they wanted the system or not.

We're pretty sure you bought the Wii U expecting Gears of War... Can't back out of it now..

User Info: grandabx

grandabx
4 years ago#18
RapidFireAl posted...
I'm not unhappy with my purchase. But outside of Monster Hunter, I'm not super impressed with next year's line-up.

I'm sure the AAA titles will come in time. But looking back on it, I probably could've waited.

if you don't have a ps3, you could've got a 500 gb version with uncharted for 300(amazon). also dark souls is only 20$. you people have let nintendo trojan horse you again. actually sell it. you might be able to get your money back. send me a friend request.

User Info: Megagunstarman

Megagunstarman
4 years ago#19
I regret buying a Wii U because it broke my TV and my arm. I was playing the dance game and the controller was charging because of the horrible battery. So of course it gets rapped around my legs as I'm dancing and smash! I trip and fall right into my TV.

Nintendo really didn't think things through with the Wii U.
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
4 years ago#20
Everybody knows Uncharted 4 will be a Wii U exclusive.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The official I regret buying a WIIU topic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived