So what games are on the Wii U Virtual Console?

#481iomega311Posted 2/10/2013 11:44:08 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
The concept is definitely interesting, but the length of the game really prevents the game from reaching its full potential. Perhaps a few more locations to explore and down moments to take in the scenery would've helped the overall experience. It's quite apparent that the game was rushed.

I got to the sewers last time I played, which is a nice surprise because I was hoping for a good look at the underbelly. Shame your point there is kind of what's ruined it so far. Soon as you land you're ambushed by hobos. Would've been much more effective as a nice, slow moment with some exploration.

The Slums section of Syndicate was the only part that reminded me of the immense atmosphere of The Darkness.

The game ended with a cliff hanger that would lead to a Syndicate 2, but I highly doubt that game will ever come to be... At least from Starbreeze. The franchise will probably be handed off to someone else like The Darkness.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#482spectermaster14Posted 2/10/2013 11:54:52 PM
Speaking of which, how'd you like the second Darkness? I really liked it myself, but it was so far removed from the first one that I could see other people skipping it.
#483iomega311Posted 2/11/2013 12:05:22 AM
spectermaster14 posted...
Speaking of which, how'd you like the second Darkness? I really liked it myself, but it was so far removed from the first one that I could see other people skipping it.

I've yet to play anything of it aside from the demo. The change in gameplay design and visual style have made me reluctant to play it, since the first game left a pretty good mark on my mind.

Now it's pretty damned cheap at GameStop so I figure I'll eventually get around to playing it. I'll just have to judge it solely on it's own merits :p
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#484spectermaster14Posted 2/11/2013 12:10:45 AM
The graphics change was about the only change I liked. Looked bad ass. Story's okay, too, but not half as good as the first one's. Plays more like an arcade-ish shooter than anything. Co-op was really good. Never had a chance to play it WITH people, but I managed to grind through a few levels solo. Four characters with their own Darkness infused artifacts with their own powers ripped from Jackie. Decent stuff, wouldn't mind a third.
#485_CARLOX_Posted 2/11/2013 5:41:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE

Nanomachines!!!

---
I will only stop drinking when I fall in love... Or fall dead.
#486PsyrenCallPosted 2/11/2013 5:57:13 PM
_CARLOX_ posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE

Nanomachines!!!

My mind! Bloooown.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#487orcus_snakePosted 2/11/2013 6:02:33 PM
the liquids going al crazy make it seem like CG in real life :0
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#488PsyrenCallPosted 2/11/2013 6:53:44 PM
I especially enjoyed the square of water on the glass.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#489Virus66Posted 2/11/2013 6:57:28 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
Yar, I really want Sly 4, but can't bare to do so without playing the first three.

It is heavily reliant on knowing what happened in the first 3 games, so yeah, best steer clear unless you play the first three
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#490spectermaster14Posted 2/11/2013 9:11:36 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
Yar, I really want Sly 4, but can't bare to do so without playing the first three.

It is heavily reliant on knowing what happened in the first 3 games, so yeah, best steer clear unless you play the first three

Is it really? Because I've only played half the first game and 4 and I've had no issues at all. Great game, too.