Metroid 2: Return of Samus
Metroid Prime Pinball

Low Tier:
Metroid
Metroid Prime Hunters

Other M Tier:
Metroid: Other M
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
I'm a Genre-Pro. Great Music: http://tinyurl.com/d8f78ax
#52PennywiseJimPosted 12/13/2012 9:41:19 PM
LUlGI posted...
I just came in to say Metroid 1 sucks hard.

Preposterous.

Metroid 1 is a classic. If it had an in-game map it would be regarded much more highly. Obviously the graphics are dated, but the gameplay is solid.
#53DTY3Posted 12/13/2012 10:20:13 PM
StrangerAeons posted...
DTY3 posted...
StrangerAeons posted...
The story and dialogue and cutscenes etc. destroy Other M's enjoyability but everyone seems to forget that it still has fairly solid gameplay. I strongly suspect a huge portion of it's critics have never actually played it.

The gameplay? You mean mash dpad to win?
Yeah ok.

The gameplay? You mean collect items to win?
Yeah ok.

I can strawman everything too. It might not be difficult but it's essentially easier Ninja Gaiden with light exploration and power up collection elements which is relatively fun. Not every game has to be ball crushingly difficult to be good.

collecting items and powering up isnt mindless. Mashing the dpad isnt.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#54harvestmoonmikePosted 12/13/2012 11:50:21 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
harvestmoonmike posted...
Prime>Pinball (I'm dead serious) >Zero Mission>Super>Corruption>Echoes>Metroid>Fusion>Metroid2>Hunters>OtherM

Legitimate question: How good are the pinball physics in that game? I do enjoy me some pinball so I'm always on the lookout for some fun.

They're great! And the dual screen set-up works wonderfully too, heck, even the touch-screen tilt works great. All in all it's a great pinball game, and probably my favorite game on the DS. Great Metroid content too, really does a good job representing Prime.

I'd also recommend the multiplayer mode, back in the day we used to play with up to eight people, lots of great fun.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/yISB3.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/rsqtJ.jpg?1
#55badboyPosted 12/14/2012 12:10:40 AM(edited)
super > zero mission > fusion > prime > prime 3 > prime 2 > 1 > 2 > other m > prime hunters
#56boomerthomPosted 12/14/2012 12:15:46 AM
1. Prime 1
2. Super (uber close with Prime 1)
3. Tie: Prime 2/Prime 3
5. Zero Mission
6. Fusion
7. Other M
8. Metroid 2
9. Metroid NES
---
No one cares what you're currently playing.
#57PaladinAlikPosted 12/14/2012 12:21:50 AM
Super->Prime->Zero Mission-> Prime 2-> Prime 3-> Fusion->Other M-> Metroid-> Metroid 2

Super is still the best and prime is arguably as good. I would love another Prime 1 like game from Retro, or better yet another Super Metroid as Other M was NOT super metroid.

I enjoyed the sense move, and the insta kills but I should be able to get energy capsules, and missiles, and give me some &%&%#$^*# exploration! dont give me an obvious crack that leads down a narrow path to a missile expansion and then back to the main room. Super metroid hidden paths always lead to big vast new areas to explore. I miss that.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#58AkaneJonesPosted 12/14/2012 5:03:05 AM
1) Metroid Prime
2) Omega Metroid
3) Metroid Hatcher
4) Metroid Queen
5) Phazon Metroid
6) Fission Metroid
7) Dark Tallon Metroid
8) Zeta Metroid
9) Gamma Metroid
10) Alpha Metroid
12) Hopping Metroid
13) Metroid
14) Miniroid
15) Infant Tallon Metroid

There... wait we were rating metroids right?
#59NiftyManZPosted 12/14/2012 5:26:49 AM
MathewManson posted...
People are going to rage at me...

01. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
02. Super Metroid (Metroid 3).
03. Metroid Fusion.
04. Metroid Prime.
05. Metroid: Other M.
06. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.
07. Metroid.
08. Metroid II: Return of Samus.
09. Metroid: Zero Mission.
10. Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Anyone that rages over the opinion of favorable games is an idiot. Questioning why you like particular ones is okay, but attacking for opinion is idiotic and does not deserve recognition.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#60GiygasminionPosted 12/14/2012 5:38:30 AM
Just off the top of my head:

1. Prime
2. Prime 3
3. Super
4. Prime 2
5. Fusion
6. Zero Mission
7. Metroid Prime Hunters
8. Metroid II
9. Other M
10. Metroid