Oops. Did anyone else transfer their virtual console games and realize..

#1ImGanondorfLolPosted 12/13/2012 7:04:48 PM
That you can't play them now because you can't use a gc controller? Guess I have to buy a classic controller now.(it works with a pro controller too right?)
#2Plasma EXEPosted 12/13/2012 7:06:04 PM
I was about to until I realized this. I'm also worried about save data (especially Monster Hunter Tri) not being able to transfer so I'm probably going to keep all my games on my Wii.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#3darkjedilinkPosted 12/13/2012 7:53:25 PM
First off, how did you not realize this?

Second, Wii Mode can't use the GamePad or Pro Controller.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#4darkjedilinkPosted 12/13/2012 7:54:26 PM
Plasma EXE posted...
I was about to until I realized this. I'm also worried about save data (especially Monster Hunter Tri) not being able to transfer so I'm probably going to keep all my games on my Wii.

All your save data will transfer. It's been discussed a bunch of times.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#5Banjo2553Posted 12/13/2012 7:54:47 PM
Plasma EXE posted...

From my experience they made all saves transferrable. Brawl's save isn't normally movable, but it moved my Brawl save safely to my Wii U.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#6LordBowserPosted 12/13/2012 10:00:58 PM
I was well aware when I did it. The only system this will matter for is the N64 games. The rest I prefer on a classic controller.

Frankly, I'll deal with it. I only own maybe 2 games on my N64 VC library anyways, the rest I play the old-fashioned way.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#7Tsutarja495Posted 12/13/2012 10:11:43 PM
I don't see how it would be possible not to know this, considering the lack of GC inputs on the console.
#8ShaunageAUPosted 12/13/2012 10:12:52 PM
This is exactly what I did. My classic controller is in the mail, since for whatever idiot reason you can't just use the Gamepad.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
#9MetazoiddPosted 12/13/2012 10:16:15 PM
Get the classic controller pro, works for N64 games as well.
#10ImGanondorfLol(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 10:50:45 PM
So you can use the classic controller pro for N64 games, right? It doesn't have to be the regular classic controller.

Also, will I be able to move my brawl data back to the Wii? I'd prefer to play that game with gc controls.