Why is there so much hate towards nintendo?

#11VanderZooPosted 12/13/2012 7:24:19 PM
MrSRArter posted...
GeassMaster posted...
Nintendo gets just as much hate as everyone else, stop having such a persecution complex.

I'll agree with this, the Vita board has just as many if not even more trolls than this board.

And most of those trolls are 3DS fanboys.
#121shadetail1Posted 12/13/2012 7:24:24 PM
gybugy posted...
So i ask you why is there so much hate and disregard for Nintendo?

There actually isn't. Most of it is just trolling. They don't really hate it, they're just deliberately stirring up trouble.

What little *is* legitimate hate is just from idiotic kids who haven't grown up yet.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#13CranberryPSOPosted 12/13/2012 7:25:33 PM
There can be a number of reasons for hating a company. Sometimes its because you feel that the company has wronged you. For example I am not a Sony fan because of their business practices and customer support issues.

I had 3 PSPs that all had screen burn right out of the box. The very first time I turned them on, they had screen burn. When I called Sony for support, they said it was my fault and said they would charge me to fix it. I returned the PSP and got another one. That one also had screen burn. I returned that one too and got a 3rd. That one also had screen burn right out of the box. At this point I gave up on it and just kept it, though I am far from happy with it. I shouldn't be forced to play with a product that has screen burn and 3 in a row is just unacceptable. And with the way they treated me over the phone I will never buy another Sony video game system. They have permanently lost a customer.

With Nintendo you might have people that have had some other personal issue with them where they felt misstreated. Of course you also have extreme "fanboys" of Microsoft or Sony that hate Nintendo just because they are competitors. Nintendo also has said "fanboys" that hate on Sony and Microsoft too.

Sometimes you have legitimate reasons to hate a company, but a lot of what you see here on GameFAQs is just trolling or unreasonable fanboys hating the competition.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#14TangoBunnyPosted 12/13/2012 7:28:33 PM(edited)
- Company age is largely meaningless.

- Nintendo made the four-direction d-pad, but other companies had similar things (The eight-way pad on the Master System for example). If it weren't for Nintendo, there'd still be things very similar to d-pads.

- The 'video game crash' was an American thing where only Atari was really advertising gaming computers, and nobody cared about Ataris any more. That, and there were so many 'Atari clones', that even if someone wanted one, people didn't know which one to buy. In the rest of the world, there was no crash, and everyone was happy playing on home computers like the MSX, Amiga, ZX Spectrums, Commodores, and so on. If Nintendo didn't re-ignite the market in America, any other company that had a better computer design than the incredibly-dated Atari would have done so, Sega being at the forefront of that.

- People have a lot of fond memories for Nintendo, sure, but they also have a lot of fond memories from other companies and other eras, whether it's the C64, PS1, or Dreamcast. I'd argue that anyone grew up with, say, a PS1 and Dreamcast, has a lot of more fond memories than anything Nintendo made since that era.

- Nintendo being strong with 'family and co-op' is a tactful way of saying 'Nintendo is strong at making commercials with fake families and offline-only multiplayer'.

That's why a lot of people disregard Nintendo. :3
---
Female pronouns are appreciated when responding to this user's posts! ~ http://tangobunny.webs.com
#15Newbie00Posted 12/13/2012 7:29:56 PM
Because a lot of us grew up with Nintendo and possess pleasurable memories associated with them. That makes Nintendo's retro-progressive approach to the video game industry all the more painful to bear and prone to criticism. After all, how could they **** in the faces of those who contributed to their success by neglecting our current needs? It's why so many have abandoned Nintendo during/following the gamecube era.

Nintendo honestly deserves every bit of "hate" they get.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#16DarkShadowRagePosted 12/13/2012 7:30:38 PM
Actually playstation wouldn't exist without Nintendo in the first place, that's pretty true lol.
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#17MrSRArterPosted 12/13/2012 7:33:52 PM
DarkShadowRage posted...
Actually playstation wouldn't exist without Nintendo in the first place, that's pretty true lol.

But it was a Nintendo mess up that caused it, Nintendo betrayed Sony.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eStcSpAdodc&feature=plcp <- I agree with this video.
Official Birthday Cake flavor of the IDF
#18gybugy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 7:34:59 PM
everyone this isn't about this website I talk to my friends about the WiiU or any Nintendo game they say pff they suck no one plays it it will never be as good as <whatever console they play>
---
If the opposite of SKY=EARTH and the opposite of RIM=MIDDLE? then does the opposite of SKYRIM=MIDDLEEARTH?!
#19MathewMansonPosted 12/13/2012 7:35:19 PM
MrSRArter posted...
DarkShadowRage posted...

But it was a Nintendo mess up that caused it, Nintendo betrayed Sony.

Mess up? Lol. Nintendo didn't "betray" Sony. Nintendo just gave them the middle finger and mocked them in front of everybody by going with Phillips.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#20GeminiX7Posted 12/13/2012 7:36:36 PM
GeassMaster posted...
Nintendo gets just as much hate as everyone else, stop having such a persecution complex.

This. The funniest part of this, is that people will complain about being hated on, yet hate on another system/company like its the right thing to do.

Go to Nintendo boards, and they will act like they are being persecuted, and in the same breath, bad mouth Sony/Microsoft to no end.

Go to Sony/Microsoft boards and its the same thing.

People here are morons who think their opinions are both divine law and some unique, original, "true gamer" mindset.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."