Why is there so much hate towards nintendo?

#21DarkShadowRagePosted 12/13/2012 8:36:48 PM
MrSRArter posted...
DarkShadowRage posted...
Actually playstation wouldn't exist without Nintendo in the first place, that's pretty true lol.

But it was a Nintendo mess up that caused it, Nintendo betrayed Sony.

Actually sony wanted all the rights to Nintendos IP's in that contract, they saw that and said "**** no"
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#22GeminiX7Posted 12/13/2012 8:40:44 PM
Also, people personify video game companies way too damn much and therefore get personally offended when you criticize them, as if you insulted a member of thier family or something.

"Nintendo betrayed Sony"

"Microsoft is just a greedy money grubber!"

"Nintendo abandoned us real gamers in favor of casual gamers!"

People need to stop acting like scorned lovers and realize this whole industry(all industries for that matter) is just made up of guys trying to turn a profit. Simple as that. When people realize that things like the "console war" sound like immature BS.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#23The_PlagueLordPosted 12/13/2012 8:43:08 PM
My answer to your topic title.....

There is not, there is only disapointment in Nintendo. The hate is on the fans of nintendo, which are basically themselves destroying Nintendo with their ridiculous behavior, making people maintain the train of thought that Nintendo is now for kiddies as their fanbase's behavior is very childlike.
---
psn id: thefnwhackjob
Currently playing NHL13, Max Payne3, (soon) Dishonored
#24GameKing59Posted 12/13/2012 8:46:49 PM
There are reasons both legitimate and illegitimate to hate Nintendo.

Legitimate reasons.
Nintendo's franchises are overexposed (some more than others).
Nintendo Wi-fi sucked back when the friend codes were mandatory.
Nintendo doesn't use the latest technology straight away (using cartridges for the N64, not using the Gamecube's online capabilities for more than two games, not making the Wii HD compatible).
The Virtual Boy.

Illegitimate reasons.
Nintendo makes kiddy consoles and kiddy games.
Nintendo is the "uncool" game of choice.
Nintendo never made a game like Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty.
#25laxnd23Posted 12/13/2012 8:47:25 PM
MrSRArter posted...
GeassMaster posted...
Nintendo gets just as much hate as everyone else, stop having such a persecution complex.

I'll agree with this, the Vita board has just as many if not even more trolls than this board.

That's largely because most are still revenge trolling for the trolling of the 3DS when it wasn't selling to expectations, or even before it released.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#26art_of_the_killPosted 12/13/2012 8:51:59 PM
Virus66 posted...
Umm... no they don't. Nintendo has this stench about them that even people who don't lurk on the internet can smell. I could be at work and mention Nintendo and the guys would just say "Hah... the Wii sucked...", yet mention Xbox or Playstation and those same people would go "rabblerabblerabbleHALOrabblerabblerabbleCallofDuty!". It's one reason I only talk to others about my Playstation games and not my Wii/WiiU games because most people don't give two s**** about Nintendo.

Thing is though, most people outside of 10-your-old kids, soccer moms, and Nintendo fanboys actually do think that the Wii sucked.

The N64, however? I would defend that system to the death.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#27jairusmonillasPosted 12/13/2012 8:59:36 PM
Nintendo declared war with half of their 90s fanbase when they decided to go all out with the Casual. Wii and 3DS are all great.. if you like gimmicks and not REAL GAMES.
#281918mePosted 12/13/2012 9:11:25 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
Also, people personify video game companies way too damn much and therefore get personally offended when you criticize them, as if you insulted a member of thier family or something.

"Nintendo betrayed Sony"

"Microsoft is just a greedy money grubber!"

"Nintendo abandoned us real gamers in favor of casual gamers!"

People need to stop acting like scorned lovers and realize this whole industry(all industries for that matter) is just made up of guys trying to turn a profit. Simple as that. When people realize that things like the "console war" sound like immature BS.

This is so true. I like Nintendo, I buy their systems, but does that stop me from playing my 360 or PS2? Absolutely not. Companies are not people, and so long as they continue to make products I want to buy, I'll go ahead and buy them.

This is why I try to stay away from this board; the negativity and blind loathing of "rival" companies, gamers, and systems is just too overwhelming.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out like most people do.
"I've seen this sig several different times." ~Maj_Massacre
#29LordBowserPosted 12/13/2012 9:33:30 PM
Jealousy =/= hatred.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#30DrumguyPosted 12/13/2012 9:35:46 PM
Because most of them never grew up with Nintendo.

To today's gamers:

Family oriented (but still has mature games) = bad
Realism in games (even though it's a video game and not supposed to be real) = good

They're clueless. But that's okay. I'll stick with what has worked and what continues to work.
---
Find me on Miiverse! Nintendo Network ID: Metanoia