So apparently "God" is considered innapropriate on Miiverse.

#111Captain_N77Posted 12/14/2012 9:58:29 AM
dart246 posted...
Pretty sure that's Nintendo just avoiding the inevitable religion debate that kind of goes like this.

- Someone makes a comment about something that's a hot topic (i.e. repeal of DOMA)
- Insert someone talking about the "sancitity of marriage"
- Insert someone using research and statistics
- Insert someone else saying "children children children"
- Insert another person using research and stats;
- Insert the standard "world going to sin and end times, you will meet your maker" comment that it always fails to due to severe lack of justification of prejudice.

And it's honestly best to avoid anything relgion, because those that believe always get butt hurt in the end.

Seems the non-believers are the ones who are butt-hurt the most these days and trying to control other's speech, even when the believers are NOT proselytizing. How is suppressing a believer's simple self expression(not proselytizing) any different than suppressing a non-believers simple self expression? It's not.

Besides, I've debated plenty of non-believers in my time and never have lost my cool or even come close to it. If a non-believer debates me, it is the non-believer who gets "butt-hurt", though not always. There are non-believers who are secure enough in their convictions that don't have to resort to condescending attitudes, name calling, or anger.

People can speak of their beliefs, or lack thereof, and most people won't get bent out of shape. I'd rather Nintendo just censored THAT sort of thing. However, we really cannot get upset about anything Nintendo censors...it is their system and software. We don't really have "rights" on their turf. We play by their rules, or don't play at all. Of course censoring everyday words like "God" won't really help their cause of building a meaningful "social network".
---
"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself.."
#112stargazer1981Posted 12/14/2012 10:08:49 AM
Captain_N77 posted...
Of course censoring everyday words like "God" won't really help their cause of building a meaningful "social network".

That's inaccurate. "God" is not an everyday word for the people I know. Yes, a LOT of people use it, but I use Buddha in replace of God.

And even Buddha was banned (I tested it out in a post and it got modded).
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#113ADHDguitarPosted 12/14/2012 10:09:52 AM
So starting now just replace the word "God" with Arceus.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#114Great_Pudding_3Posted 12/14/2012 10:22:11 AM
Asuir posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
It isn't Nintendo. Television blocks out the word God all the time. It's quite funny to hear the censored program when a character says, "---damn it!" Like out of the two words "God" and "Damn" that kids might pick up, let's make sure they don't learn that horrible G-word.

Lol? What television shows are you watching?

Because that's a sensitive phrase to many. Third Commandment and all.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#115stargazer1981Posted 12/14/2012 10:37:15 AM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
Asuir posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
It isn't Nintendo. Television blocks out the word God all the time. It's quite funny to hear the censored program when a character says, "---damn it!" Like out of the two words "God" and "Damn" that kids might pick up, let's make sure they don't learn that horrible G-word.

I hear "God damn it" everywhere. Maybe they mean on network TV?

Cable TV, FX, Spike, TNT, Comedy Central, etc, say it all the time.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#1161shadetail1Posted 12/14/2012 10:39:41 AM
Foppe posted...
Religion should stay out from the Miiverse, so what is the problem?

This. Miiverse is a gaming network, not a theological debating society.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#117DrRMPosted 12/14/2012 3:07:50 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Foppe posted...

and that's why the mods eliminate any political or religious word or post...

sad the internet is full of poop must people like to play with and forget the real purpose of the place they are on.
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#118Sirian_HawkPosted 12/14/2012 10:32:49 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
Asuir posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...

I hear "God damn it" everywhere. Maybe they mean on network TV?

Cable TV, FX, Spike, TNT, Comedy Central, etc, say it all the time.

Seriously, watch a movie on TBS. Like Lethal Weapon or something that you know will have a lot of swears. They censor everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Not just actual swears, but "god" and "hell" and such. I am fairly certain they even once censored the word "fart". Replaced it with "fluff". Worst is you can see the characters lips moving so you can see what it was supposed to be.

And watch out if there is any sexual themes. They may take the women right out of the scene and have the guy ogling a cake or something.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#119wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/15/2012 7:06:53 AM
DrRM posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Foppe posted...

and that's why the mods eliminate any political or religious word or post...

sad the internet is full of poop must people like to play with and forget the real purpose of the place they are on.

MGS2 was right all along

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading. Always accessible.

Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander...

All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution.

---
it's simple. just be nice.
#120MathewMansonPosted 12/15/2012 7:47:00 AM
Well every god is man-made and has been ruthless throughout history.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.