So apparently "God" is considered innapropriate on Miiverse.

#121MathewMansonPosted 12/15/2012 7:48:31 AM
cavebear56 posted...
I don't agree with it but it would cut back on the mindless and uneducated atheists that are just as bad as fundamentalists when talking about religion.

Thus removing the problem from that situation because people can't "play nice" with one another since they lack the education, understanding and maturity to do so.

It really isn't a huge deal in the scheme of things.

If anything it means you have to learn new phrases (oh no! Not learning!).

It's funny because it's been proven throughout televised debates and many other debates in general that Atheists know more about religion than the religious. Hence why they are Atheists in the first place.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#122mjc0961Posted 12/15/2012 8:11:37 AM
Foppe posted...
Religion should stay out from the Miiverse, so what is the problem?

This. You shouldn't be making posts asking your imaginary friend to bless things on Miiverse or anywhere else really. Keep that stuff in chruches where it belongs.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#123MathewMansonPosted 12/15/2012 8:13:27 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Foppe posted...

This. You shouldn't be making posts asking your imaginary friend to bless things on Miiverse or anywhere else really. Keep that stuff in chruches where it belongs.

---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#124pikachupwnagePosted 12/15/2012 8:24:43 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Foppe posted...

Thats very disrespectful to peoples beliefs.
---
"There's only one legitimate reason to be doing anything, and that is for the lulz"
#125sonic_brawler95Posted 12/15/2012 8:35:27 AM
But what if God is in the title? Like Injustice: Gods Among Us?
---
| Nintendo ID: Sonic_Brawler95 | 3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712 |
If you want to add me, just ask!
#126Banjo2553Posted 12/15/2012 9:12:22 AM
Bufkus posted...
whoever said "God of War" gets moderated is full of it.

OP you said "God bless" which clearly has religious connotations.

Nobody is going to get moderated for non-religiously uses of the word God. If someone said "Godammit" or "OMG" I doubt they would get moderated.

But here's the thing. It wouldn't let him post the message because it had "God" in it. So how would those other examples magically manage to get through if the censor won't even allow "God"?
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#127Prince ShondronaiPosted 12/15/2012 9:15:36 AM
sonic_brawler95 posted...
But what if God is in the title? Like Injustice: Gods Among Us?

Can't talk about "God Games" either.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#128IngSlayerPosted 12/15/2012 9:19:16 AM
LifelessBoy posted...
Foppe posted...

The problem is that the word "god" is used outside religious context all the time.

"By the gods!"

This is not a phrase that I would expect to see abused unless I'm reading a book, watching a movie, etc.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#129ILikesCheesePosted 12/15/2012 10:19:55 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
mjc0961 posted...
Foppe posted...

Thats very disrespectful to peoples beliefs.

I fail to see how that is disrespectful. Pray to whatever you want in your church or in your house, leave it out of the community at large because not everyone in the community may be on the same page.

Get a load of how outlets like Fox News demonize Atheists, for the very simple fact that they are Atheists. They use terms like "godless" to refer to someone who is evil or socially corrupt. Now THAT is disrespectful.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#130FooforawPosted 12/15/2012 10:33:54 AM
I like how this topic is progressively becoming what that "God" Miiverse post would have eventually turned into.