So apparently "God" is considered innapropriate on Miiverse.

#31fuzi11Posted 12/14/2012 3:40:40 AM
Is it only the US Miiverse not allowing the term God?
What's with the European version?

Also, it is sort of ridiculous to ban the word 'God' because of its religious meaning

phrases like

"God bless you"
"Oh God!"
"For God's sake"
"God, dammit"

are so intertwined in our way of speaking that it pretty much lost its original meaning and just means:

"Good luck/health"
"Oh maaan"
"Come on"
"Crap"
#32MelkacPosted 12/14/2012 3:51:45 AM
That's because God doesn't ex...

>_>

<_<
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#33FoppePosted 12/14/2012 4:08:57 AM
Melkac posted...
That's because God doesn't ex...

>_>

<_<

Deus Ex Machina.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#34SaladVengeancePosted 12/14/2012 5:37:52 AM
Just say Supez, everyone knows he is the true god.
---
More ballin than cats playing cricket http://i.imgur.com/83l4a.jpg
Unofficial official BALLIN Shaq Fu practitioner of NeoNewZoids
#35Arn544Posted 12/14/2012 5:50:50 AM
I think it's ridiculous to ban people from saying god... if anything it's borderline discrimination.

Not making a religious endorsement is fine, but preventing others from doing so is infringing upon their rights.
It's like the whole prayer in schools issue, being that they are state employees teachers aren't allowed to make any religious endorsements.

However if a student wants to, then it's discriminating against their beliefs to tell them that they can't.

Religious censorship was something that made me mad about the FF Tactics remake, they changed the symbols and took out one of the best quotes of the game.
#36Gh0st_F4c3Posted 12/14/2012 5:57:38 AM
I couldn't use WoG for World of Goo. Still can't figure out what's wrong with that.

Uh, well....

http://www.urban-dictionary.com/define.php?term=wog

*remove the -*
#37EoinPosted 12/14/2012 5:58:50 AM
Arn544 posted...
Not making a religious endorsement is fine, but preventing others from doing so is infringing upon their rights.

While banning the word is silly, it does not infringe upon your rights.
#38Arn544Posted 12/14/2012 6:10:47 AM
Eoin posted...
Arn544 posted...

How could it not be? It violates free speech and freedom of religion

Governement's not even allowed to keep natives from using peyote, how in the world do you expect people being banned from discussing their beliefs is going to go over?
#39ILikesCheesePosted 12/14/2012 6:42:46 AM
Arn544 posted...
Eoin posted...
Arn544 posted...

You're confusing how "your rights" are applied on a global scale. "Your Rights" as an American citizen (I'm guessing your country of origin here) don't apply to products created and systems run in Japan for instance.

By the way, I don't know about Peyote but Weed is legal in Washington and Colorado now.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#40EoinPosted 12/14/2012 6:44:46 AM
Arn544 posted...

Freedom of religion means your freedom to be of whatever religion you so choose. This is, incredibly obviously not being violated. Claiming it is being violated is weird.

As for freedom of speech, I suggest you look up what that means, because you badly misunderstand it. It is not the freedom to say whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want. It is the freedom from having the government impose limitations on your speech. It doesn't stop your speech from being otherwise regulated. For example, GameFAQs bans you from writing lots of words. That's OK, and is not a violation of freedom of speech, because GameFAQs is not a government making laws, it is a private venue, just like Miiverse.