So apparently "God" is considered innapropriate on Miiverse.

#41Arn544Posted 12/14/2012 6:47:03 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Arn544 posted...
Eoin posted...
Arn544 posted...
Not making a religious endorsement is fine, but preventing others from doing so is infringing upon their rights.

While banning the word is silly, it does not infringe upon your rights.

How could it not be? It violates free speech and freedom of religion

You're confusing how "your rights" are applied on a global scale. "Your Rights" as an American citizen (I'm guessing your country of origin here) don't apply to products created and systems run in Japan for instance.

By the way, I don't know about Peyote but Weed is legal in Washington and Colorado now.

:D

Still illegal federally so they can't use it

Anyway I think it's different in this case because nintendo has a north american branch, (and the na online's servers are probably in california). Basically if they're going to operate here they have to abide by our laws. The japanese branch and japanese servers don't have to but their american ones do.
#42Rasputin77Posted 12/14/2012 6:48:56 AM
Welcome to this generation, TC.

http://alturl.com/ihmw4

Where nobody seems capable of having their own filter on information they see or hear. They need ignore buttons, block features, heavy moderation, and names to call people they disagree with.

I'm not saying we'll definitely get a meteor on 12/21, but if we do... I will understand.
---
GameFAQs - where the word "troll" has 247 definitions. Congrats on watering down a word until it has no effect.
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#43Arn544Posted 12/14/2012 6:49:16 AM
Eoin posted...
Arn544 posted...
How could it not be? It violates free speech and freedom of religion

Freedom of religion means your freedom to be of whatever religion you so choose. This is, incredibly obviously not being violated. Claiming it is being violated is weird.

As for freedom of speech, I suggest you look up what that means, because you badly misunderstand it. It is not the freedom to say whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want. It is the freedom from having the government impose limitations on your speech. It doesn't stop your speech from being otherwise regulated. For example, GameFAQs bans you from writing lots of words. That's OK, and is not a violation of freedom of speech, because GameFAQs is not a government making laws, it is a private venue, just like Miiverse.

Eh that's probably true then
#44wiiking96Posted 12/14/2012 6:51:13 AM
Can you use "Satan" or "Lucifer" or whatever? Just curious.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#45CaioNVPosted 12/14/2012 6:56:11 AM
Let's start a flame war the same size of the ones talking about religion.
Which do you prefer? Dogs or cats?
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#46darkjedilinkPosted 12/14/2012 7:11:17 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
Welcome to this generation, TC.

http://alturl.com/ihmw4

Where nobody seems capable of having their own filter on information they see or hear. They need ignore buttons, block features, heavy moderation, and names to call people they disagree with.

You're a prime example.

I'm not saying we'll definitely get a meteor on 12/21, but if we do... I will understand.

I'd hope so, you'd be part of the cause.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#47Arn544Posted 12/14/2012 7:12:26 AM
Just looked it up, doesn't have to be the government making laws, the constitution applies to:

"the equal protection of the laws, equality of status under the law, equal treatment in the administration of justice, and equality of opportunity and access to employment, education, housing, public services and facilities, and public accommodation because of their exercise of their right to religious freedom."

So basically the service industry has to abide by it, which I believe Miiverse would fall under.
#48ILikesCheesePosted 12/14/2012 7:18:12 AM
Arn544 posted...
Still illegal federally so they can't use it

Anyway I think it's different in this case because nintendo has a north american branch, (and the na online's servers are probably in california). Basically if they're going to operate here they have to abide by our laws. The japanese branch and japanese servers don't have to but their american ones do.

A) The Obama administration has already stated it will not actively pursue indictments in those two states for people who possess. So yes, they CAN use it. Also, it is the local police force enforcing the law 99% of the time, so they will follow state instead of federal mandates. While growing pot has also been legalized in Colorado, both doing so and selling the stuff on the open market becomes a more sticky situation. The Denver police might not raid your home or "store", but it is quite possible the DEA could. Still, a step in the right direction nonetheless.

B) You do not understand the laws in which you are quoting. As others have said, you actually do NOT have the right to "say whatever you want" under the Freedom of Speech Act. Also, the Wii U and it's online service is a product of Nintendo. Users of that service are bound to Nintendo's own terms of use, and YES, they can legally restrict what is said in the exact same manner as Microsoft does with LIVE.

No offense, but you clearly have a VERY simple and uneducated view of law. There is a lot more too it than just reciting the first section of the First Amendment.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#49AkaimizuPosted 12/14/2012 7:23:48 AM(edited)
Once a company or owner establishes a Terms of Service thing for a forum or property they own, you agree to play by their rules by using them. You know, that stuff written in all that text you probably ignored and skipped reading. Open forums are just that. Messages you post in there are for everybody's eyes to see. If you message somebody personally (friends) that's a little different.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#50linkumsPosted 12/14/2012 7:21:40 AM
What about people saying "Oh my God" or worshippers of the goddesses from Zelda?
---
Latest post: "Uncharted: Drake's Fortunate This Didn't Go On Longer"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com/