So apparently "God" is considered innapropriate on Miiverse.

#71Undead_YakuzaPosted 12/14/2012 8:12:37 AM
Drumguy posted...
The word "kill" is inappropriate too. Tried to use it on a comment on the CoD: BO2 board.

Seriously, f*** the Miiverse.
#72EoinPosted 12/14/2012 8:13:09 AM
Arn544 posted...
From everything I'm reading if it's on the internet accessible to external sources, in this case wii u owners then it's public

Then you're reading things which are fully incorrect.
#73Arn544Posted 12/14/2012 8:14:53 AM
Eoin posted...
Arn544 posted...
From everything I'm reading if it's on the internet accessible to external sources, in this case wii u owners then it's public

Then you're reading things which are fully incorrect.

How is it incorrect? If it's files on your computer it's private, however if you publish it and make it visible to other people it becomes public.
#74FoppePosted 12/14/2012 8:20:18 AM
PSO had some crazy censors.
Pork was censored for some strange reason.
Bastard was censored, and one of the weapons you could get was Bastard Sword.
Marica was a mag and a censored word.
Saturday was censored because it contained the word turd.
Shoes was censored because it contained the word hoes.
Con was censored because it means... female genitalia in French.
Bite was censored because it means dick in French.
Basement, poof, cola, suspicious and refrigerator were censored for some strange reason.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#75Lord_KagatoPosted 12/14/2012 8:21:10 AM
The internet has convinced me that 100% of all athiests and hardcore religious folk are asses. Yes. 100%.

I stay out of this mess and stick to people who prefer to keep an open mind about stuff no matter what side they're on.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Megaman Legends 2
#76wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/14/2012 8:24:13 AM(edited)
dart246 posted...
Pretty sure that's Nintendo just avoiding the inevitable religion debate that kind of goes like this.

- Someone makes a comment about something that's a hot topic (i.e. repeal of DOMA)
- Insert someone talking about the "sancitity of marriage"
- Insert someone using research and statistics
- Insert someone else saying "children children children"
- Insert another person using research and stats;
- Insert the standard "world going to sin and end times, you will meet your maker" comment that it always fails to due to severe lack of justification of prejudice.

And it's honestly best to avoid anything relgion, because those that believe always get butt hurt in the end.

Lord_Kagato posted...
The internet has convinced me that 100% of all athiests and hardcore religious folk are asses. Yes. 100%.

I stay out of this mess and stick to people who prefer to keep an open mind about stuff no matter what side they're on.

---
it's simple. just be nice.
#77ssbmrocksPosted 12/14/2012 8:26:38 AM
If Santa Clause isn't blocked, god shouldn't be.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#78EoinPosted 12/14/2012 8:27:18 AM
Arn544 posted...
How is it incorrect? If it's files on your computer it's private, however if you publish it and make it visible to other people it becomes public.

It's still your property. Also, you're talking about publishing. The Nintendo Network is, effectively, legally a club. You get in based on Nintendo's entry conditions. You stay based on Nintendo's sufferance and nothing else. Your speech is limited in whatever ways Nintendo wants it to be limited. They are not a government. Your freedom of speech rights do not apply.
#79Captain_NESPosted 12/14/2012 8:30:16 AM
I do think it's a smart move to avoid unnecessary hostility, hate, or well drama in general. I respect all cultures and religions and personally won't care if I would have read the word God on there but I realized that not everyone is like me. TO give you a better example, I work at a bank and we avoid the word god and choose to say happy holidays instead of merry Christmas to avoid unnecessary backlash.
---
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!
#80Plasma EXEPosted 12/14/2012 8:36:27 AM(edited)
Can't you just write out the message? If they actually delete your message after posting assuming it's not offensive... I don't know what to say.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336