I'm sorry but this console is a joke and in my opinion is half assed

#101Exodus_KnightPosted 12/14/2012 12:07:23 PM
Wow another moan at is console, how about you tweet or Facebook it instead doing what many others do and posting it on here. If you don't like it then don't use it and go away, many people enjoy it even if it has problems.
#102red0991Posted 12/14/2012 12:09:00 PM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
red0991 posted...
Actually it is exactly that, a "technological" upgrade. Nobody ever said anything about it being a visual upgrade. Take for example however Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That had exquisite graphics and the attention to detail great. They were able to make that game look as good as it did, as well as make the game large and expansive because of the technological upgrade from cartridge to disc.

that's how it was hyped though and many people thought so. but i get what you're saying and i was obviously cherry picking examples.

SOTN was maybe the last bastion of the 2D heyday and is indicative of my initial point, that 2D's potential was never fully realized. 3D "innovation" shouldn't have been utilized until the tech was reasonably advanced enough, which was the dreamcast's performance, really.

I have to respectfully disagree. 3D innovation was utilized during the Playstation era by games like the Final Fantasy series and Gran Turismo 1 and 2. Final Fantasy VII revolutionized the way we look at 3D games because it opened up an expansive 3 dimensional world for us to explore and play in, with 3 dimensional characters and monsters. This was uncommon at the time, and to be done as well as they did sparked up other game designers to follow suit with other genres. Squaresoft continued to improve with VIII by improving the character models to looking like people, not polygons.

As for the Gran Turismo franchise, they have had the most consistency with their graphics being top notch in their genre, because they worked damn hard on making their games as lifelike as possible. The graphics on GT2 are comparable to crappier looking games on the Ps2.

I know the examples I picked are overblown monsters of gaming that everyone talks about. But they really set examples back then, and there's a reason that they were talked about so much. If game companies put out garbage then they didn't make it, and that's why a lot of the crappy Ps1 games (which there were a lot) didn't make it very far.
#103nic1357Posted 12/14/2012 12:20:32 PM
Exodus_Knight posted...
Wow another moan at is console, how about you tweet or Facebook it instead doing what many others do and posting it on here. If you don't like it then don't use it and go away, many people enjoy it even if it has problems.

or YOU could go away and stop reading and commenting on these topics.
#104goemon1977Posted 12/14/2012 12:23:22 PM
ShaunageAU posted...
As a satisfied Wii U owner: He's actually right about most of that.

agreed!
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#105yoshiotsuPosted 12/14/2012 12:24:35 PM
Too many nintendo fanboys going to defend the crappy console, I've have two friends really big nintendo fans return theirs cause they just couldn't handle it. they can cover up all they want but inside they know it was rushed and half assed.
#106hyjinx17Posted 12/14/2012 12:29:17 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
Extremely bad limitations that stack up.
only able to use 100 characters for sending your friends private messages and for posts on Miiverse. >_> f***ing PS3 allows like 500 characters. and telling your friend how to beat something or how to do stuff is almost impossible in 100 characters.
Then you can't even indent a sentence so instead of going like this like you can on 360/ps3.

"Hey Steve,

What's up?
Do you want to play some Sonic Transformed later today?"

On Wii U its like this:

"Hey Steve, What's Up? Do you want to play sonic Transformed later today?"

^^^ which one looks more professional and nicer to look at?
which one is an abomination clusterf***?

you write your PMs like you're sending a letter? lol wtf is wrong with you
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#107ElGadoPosted 12/14/2012 12:35:48 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
And before everyone goes stupid on me I love Nintendo and been buying their stuff for years since the NES days and put up with all their crap but the wii u takes the cake.

Slow OS seriously what 8 year old programmer did they get for free? At the age of 14 I was tweaking my PC OS to run faster and my Windows 98 boot up faster than the some of the menus WHICH ARE INSTALLED ON THE FLASH MEMORY load up...

stupid Miiverse censorship EVERY single one of my conservative ultra uber religious friends that won't even use the word "crap, shutup or stupid" has been modded on miiverse for the most inane idiotic reasons. I'm scared of posting there so I only "yeah" stuff and never post...

Most of the time you get modded for the discussing the game you were playing!

Extremely bad limitations that stack up.
only able to use 100 characters for sending your friends private messages and for posts on Miiverse. >_> f***ing PS3 allows like 500 characters. and telling your friend how to beat something or how to do stuff is almost impossible in 100 characters.
Then you can't even indent a sentence so instead of going like this like you can on 360/ps3.

"Hey Steve,

What's up?
Do you want to play some Sonic Transformed later today?"

On Wii U its like this:

"Hey Steve, What's Up? Do you want to play sonic Transformed later today?"

^^^ which one looks more professional and nicer to look at?
which one is an abomination clusterf***?

Europe can't download 18+ games, demos or view trailers until after 11pm at night until 3 am >_>

Wii U chat is only for 1 on 1 >_>
So pointless I can voice chat on my f***ing Vita which is lower tech than the Wii U with up to like 8 people WHILE YOU PLAY GAMES!

Games locked to the console and not accounts.

Tons of lacking features.

I can watch videos, pictures and listen to music files from a pendrive on my PS3 and 360.

You can't on Wii U.

Any pendrive that you plug into the Wii U has to be formatted... >_<
Partitions don't work...

Can't turn the battery consuming gamepad screen off and still use the controls to navigate the menu screen but only by looking at your tv so your gamepad can last longer.
The Gamepad is forever on as long as you use it.

The lack of Privacy settings is crazy.
Do you know how many people hid their region/country in MK7 when they found the option? About 60% of the users did because they didn't want stranger to know their exact location.

Well Miiverse automatically puts your country/region for all to see and doesn't let you block it.

Parental Settings are a joke because most of the stuff like buying adult games from the eshop are blocked for Parents too!

Even the f***ing Daily log/journal thing is half assed compared to the 3DS version which had WAAAAYYYYYY more features ON DAY ONE.

Region Locking games...
Region locking the console so you can't create a Japan or American account on an EU console like you could do with the Playstation 3.

Everything Nintendo has done with this console is NOT USER Friendly and is almost counter intuitive.

Its like the programmers thought "hey whats the way we can piss people off the most? lets do it!"

Remember when Nintendo in the Nintendo 64 days USED CARTRIDGES which were more expensive because they were worried about slow loading times and how it would affect their customers?"

That was the true Nintendo Seal of Quality where they cared about their customers.
Whatever happened to this Nintendo that I know and love?

The sad thing is that this rant doesn't even hit the tip of the iceberg with the POS Wii U.
#108Cholo6Posted 12/14/2012 12:41:08 PM
Wow 11 pages in and not one solid counter-argument.
#109Pinoy441Posted 12/14/2012 12:45:43 PM
Hooray both the Haters and Blind fanboys in one topic

*Laughs while playing Far Cry 3 PC version*
---
*grabs popcorn*
#110atopp399Posted 12/14/2012 1:06:53 PM
Op sounds pretty mad.