I'm sorry but this console is a joke and in my opinion is half assed

#21AkaimizuPosted 12/14/2012 6:16:24 AM(edited)
"So pointless I can voice chat on my f***ing Vita which is lower tech than the Wii U with up to like 8 people WHILE YOU PLAY GAMES!"

Point taken, but I think the Vita also failed hard in this regard by another System allowance. Sony allowed games to voluntarily shut down all Vita Network application use during gameplay. So while this statement is true, it's also sadly only true for *select* titles. A good many games on Vita will not allow you to do this, including some Sony First Party games. Of the several Vita titles I have on the system, I'm shocked that such a high percentage of them stop chat, messaging, and any other network feature in play. To a degree, that is one major aspect even the Wii U does better. At least there, you can text message, at least, during gameplay for ALL games made specifically for the system.

I really don't know why Sony allowed and even promoted use of shutting down a *much wanted* feature that the Vita was supposed to finally allow over the PS3.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#22Zozzilla_MkIIPosted 12/14/2012 6:14:44 AM(edited)
Just a couple of things I could nitpick at from your list.

1) "The Gamepad is forever on as long as you use it." - Did you mean to say gamepad screen? Of course the pad is on while you're using it, otherwise how would you play anything?

2) "About 60% of the users did because they didn't want stranger to know their exact location. Miiverse automatically puts your country/region for all to see and doesn't let you block it." - Mine is set to North Yorkshire, UK. Yorkshire is a pretty freaking big place, I doubt anyone could single out where I live from that.

But for the most part, yes, you're right.
---
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/Devrinna/290zmtu.jpg ~ By itachi15243
#23DeathSnipe777Posted 12/14/2012 6:16:38 AM(edited)
You imply that all the other system launches also weren't terrible and half-assed.

Newsflash: Every launch is terrible.

Every. Single. One.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#24NiftyManZPosted 12/14/2012 6:19:18 AM
Don't purchase the console then? I am happy with mine.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#25Shadowbird_RHPosted 12/14/2012 6:19:22 AM
Read topic as "I'm sorry but this console is a joke and my opinion is half assed"

*nods*
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#26Metal_MercenaryPosted 12/14/2012 6:21:20 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
You imply that all the other system launches also weren't terrible and half-assed.

Every. Single. One.

Probably because many of them weren't, and the developers were actually proactive in rectifying issues their fan-base had with the ones that were half-arsed. This looks very unlikely with the Wii U.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#27NiftyManZPosted 12/14/2012 6:24:04 AM
Metal_Mercenary posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...

Every. Single. One.

Probably because many of them weren't, and the developers were actually proactive in rectifying issues their fan-base had with the ones that were half-arsed. This looks very unlikely with the Wii U.

The system has only been out for a few weeks. Why so quick to assume that there won't be fixes?
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#28Pkshootout13Posted 12/14/2012 6:45:47 AM
HellsingOrg posted...

"Hey Steve,

What's up?
Do you want to play some Sonic Transformed later today?"

On Wii U its like this:

"Hey Steve, What's Up? Do you want to play sonic Transformed later today?"

^^^ which one looks more professional and nicer to look at?

The second one looks more professional and nicer to look at honestly. Some of your other points are legitimate reasons for complaint; however, most are nitpicking at tiny things here and there that really shouldn't bother anyone
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#29Rasputin77Posted 12/14/2012 6:56:03 AM
abbeldydoo posted...
I read the topic title like this

"I'm sorry but this console is a joke and my opinion is half assed"

What the f***? That's exactly what I read too! XD

TC, you have valid complaints (although I'm positive someone who still lives with their parents has politely informed you they're not valid by now...), and it's too bad the console doesn't meet your needs. Sorry.
---
GameFAQs - where the word "troll" has 247 definitions. Congrats on watering down a word until it has no effect.
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#30StealthTifaPosted 12/14/2012 6:59:00 AM
I am shocked that the NDF hasn't call the TC a troll yet......
---
GamerTag = Stealth David (Friends Request with no message = Decline)