I'm sorry but this console is a joke and in my opinion is half assed

#51MegagunstarmanPosted 12/14/2012 8:22:51 AM
I'm sorry but this topic is a joke and in my opinion is half assed
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#52Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 12/14/2012 8:43:30 AM
I'm really disappointed. It's my own fault; I'm not sure what I was expecting on Gamefaqs.

Saw this topic, and as someone who does not yet own a Wii U but was satisfied with my Wii and planned to buy a Wii U by March of next year, I was interested. Now, the title of the topic made me think he was trolling. He probably could have formed his post better and more respectfully but again - what was I expecting?

Lo and behold, he seems to be talking about stuff that absolutely no one here is denying. So instead, people mock him for his outrage at... if true, what seems to me, outrageous features - or lack thereof. I understand that Nintendo's Wii hit a jackpot with the casual and family market, but did they truly engineer this console with only them in mind, forgetting entirely about the rest of their fanbase? This OP makes it seem that way.

If anyone that has better knowledge of the Wii U's capabilities, features, perhaps some more redeeming qualities, or possess any kind of proof that things may improve in the future, please post. These popcorn comments are funny for the first few reads, but when there's 50-someodd posts and not a single one has really taken the TC seriously, objective consumers who are reading, like myself, are really short changed.

But, this is Gamefaqs after all. I'm ready to be trolled.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#53wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/14/2012 8:50:43 AM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
not a single one has really taken the TC seriously

some have said his complaints are valid, and most of them are.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#54KaibreiPosted 12/14/2012 8:51:16 AM
HellsingOrg posted...

Slow OS seriously what 8 year old programmer did they get for free? At the age of 14 I was tweaking my PC OS to run faster and my Windows 98 boot up faster than the some of the menus WHICH ARE INSTALLED ON THE FLASH MEMORY load up...

Most of your complaints are valid but tweaking a windows install is in no way related to programming an OS. Being a power user and being a programmer are different levels, I wouldn't run around and tell my friends I was programming a computer when I ran msconfig and unchecked some start up items.

Reading through the licensing info on the Wii U the system seems to be based on BSD which means they shouldn't have a hard time optimizing it if they get some competent system engineers. That OS also shouldn't need a gig of ram dedicated to it considering how little it is actually doing at any given time. To put it in perspective it's the same basic core that an iPhone runs and those got by fine with a lot less ram than 1gb for a long time. In fact it looks like they are using a lot of Apple's Darwin code from the licensing information I've skimmed through.
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#55AkagehisaPosted 12/14/2012 8:52:22 AM
Lol, it seems this console is giving a hard time to multiplat gamers .

I just wanna play frigging MH in it,,, I think the only thing that would piss me off is the slow OS,, I've seen videos and it is pretty annoying.
#56TrueWhiteBeastPosted 12/14/2012 8:52:26 AM
To clarify for those who don't seem to be getting it.

The people who are treating this topic as a joke are not doing so to avoid the subject matter at hand, but because the Wii U has been bashed so much at this point that it is no longer possible to take topics like these at all seriously.

Even if the topic itself has some validity to it, mind you.
#57Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 12/14/2012 9:01:18 AM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
not a single one has really taken the TC seriously

some have said his complaints are valid, and most of them are.

Sorry, I meant someone from the opposite side of the table.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#58moxxidudePosted 12/14/2012 9:02:43 AM
I've been a Nintendo gamer since the 80s (NES) and have purchased almost of their consoles (and handhelds, but those were for my kids). I think Nintendo is a fine company that for 20 years now has been completely behind the 8 ball. They very matter-of-factly brushed aside the importance of online gaming in 2001 (during the GameCube years) and finally admitted this year that they are too far behind to catch up to MS and Sony in terms of online. They have relied far too much on iteration instead of innovation when it comes to their franchises. In fact, the innovation of their consoles has been only for a direct purpose - to create gimmicky new installments for their handful of stock games - Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Pokemon etc.

My enjoyment of all things Nintendo dried up a long time ago however. Even since the 80s I would never limit myself to one console. I purchased the Genesis on launch day and that became my favorite console of choice. So I own all of the current gen systems as well but will not purchase a Wii U for years to come. It's not worth the price in my opinion and I'm not interested in playing Nintendo games with another gimmicky controller. When the system comes down to $99 in a few years (or few minutes after the real next gen systems launch) then I might consider it.

Nintendo has made mistakes. They know which mistakes they've made. And that's the bed they have made for themselves. Could they be as relevant as Sony, Microsoft or the PC as a gaming console? Absolutely. Why they consistently chose not to is a question I've long stopped asking and instead just answer with my wallet. And as you can guess, my wallet is very, excruciatingly discerning.
---
Here Come The Mummies are hilariously awesome. Check them out on Youtube or iTunes. Great funk band.
#59julbull73Posted 12/14/2012 9:03:44 AM
abbeldydoo posted...
I read the topic title like this

"I'm sorry but this console is a joke and my opinion is half assed"

samesy!
#60sparkingconduitPosted 12/14/2012 9:04:26 AM
Izzythewinner posted...
YOU DIDNT HAVE TO CUUUUT ME OFF!
MAKE IT LIKE I WAS NEVER A FAN AND WE WERE NOTHING..
THE WIIU WAS AN ALLLL TIME LOW.....

NOW YOUR JUAT A COMPANY I USED TO LOVE..

That sucked. Here's a better one:

Wii U didn't need to cut me off,
Make out like Wii never happened and make me feel like nothing,
And I don't even need Wii U's love,
But it treats me like a fanboy and that feels so rough

Miiverse didn't have to stoop so low,
Have my friends beat all my records and then post my number,
I'm guessing I don't need Wii U though,
Now it's just a console that I used to know

I win.