I have bad news for those waiting for Christmas to unpack their Wii U...

#11FoppePosted 12/14/2012 4:28:45 AM
Remember http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2012/05/safe-new-mayan-calendar-discovered-doesnt-end-2012/52191/ ?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#12TalentedMPosted 12/14/2012 4:33:14 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
TalentedM posted...
Man if I could count the ammount of times the world should have ended since I was born it would be like.... 6 times. Maybe more if I can think back past Y2K.

Nuclear war was supposed to kill us in the 80s, Nostradamous said we'd all die in 1999, the hole in the ozone was supposed to fry us all. I'm (almost) 35, the world was supposed to kill me or end every year I've been alive.

The world as we know it will probably end out of the blue. A solar flare could burn the atmosphere away today or fry all our electronics. No use worrying over the true eventual end that we have zero control over, I'm certainly not worried about mystic, new age hokum.

I was born in the 80s so that is a little far for me. I remember the whole O-zone thing and Y2k and a bunch of other crazy preists and loonies saying the world was going to end.

27 years old seems like a good yesr to go out.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#13AkaimizuPosted 12/14/2012 5:00:51 AM(edited)
Lots of words being put in the Mayan's mouths. Even the people who live there (in Mayan country) never believed it was the end. It was, however, to predict a new cycle. The next age. Though they did also predict a big arrival that would possibly take the world by storm. (However I think it was predicted 6 months too late. GANGNAM STYLE!)

But I also agree with the 80s sentiment. Those of us who have seen the 80s already have the mentality that with each passing of some predicted End of the World (which seems like every other year or so) we can say, "Ok. So as we approach the next predicted end of the world, we continue to do our thing. So what is that next time again? I hope it has good rhythm to say it and I can make a good rhyme with it. I just want to know so I can make a song about it and make loads of money like Prince."

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#14b1gt0nePosted 12/14/2012 5:51:18 AM
what time on the 21st??
#15FoppePosted 12/14/2012 6:27:15 AM
b1gt0ne posted...
what time on the 21st??

Solstices were always important for the Mayas, so I would say whenever the winter solstice happen in your country.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#16ILikesCheesePosted 12/14/2012 6:32:17 AM
TalentedM posted...
Man if I could count the ammount of times the world should have ended since I was born it would be like.... 6 times. Maybe more if I can think back past Y2K.

That crazy preacher guy who constantly says the world is going to end doesn't count. And Y2k was just going to be a "Revolution" type of thing. :)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#17ILikesCheesePosted 12/14/2012 6:33:28 AM
Foppe posted...
b1gt0ne posted...
what time on the 21st??

Solstices were always important for the Mayas, so I would say whenever the winter solstice happen in your country.

So the world is going to end at different times...around the world?

Someone didn't think that through. :D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#18SilentS89Posted 12/14/2012 6:48:30 AM
What difference is there between
"The world will never die because it hasn't died yet."
and "I will never die because I haven't died yet."?
#19CultOfCiderPosted 12/14/2012 6:50:41 AM
plus word to the wise, you better preopen it and get those updates rolling. Xmas morning will NOT be the time to try to do it.
---
---
#20pokemega32Posted 12/14/2012 6:54:28 AM
MANTI5 posted...
leap years took care of all that

You're one of those geniuses who think the Mayans actually referred to the date as "December 21, 2012," aren't you?
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.