Let's list things they could improve in future updates

#1GencoilPosted 12/14/2012 6:24:47 AM
- Allow people to write slightly longer messages in Miiverse, like 150-180 characters instead of 100. I always find myself needing just a few more letters to say what I wanted to say.

- When a Wii remote or Pro Controller syncs with the system, have a dialogue box ask if you want to turn off the Gamepad screen.

- Add an option to display a pop-up message whenever a friend goes online or sends a message to you, or if someone sends a friend request.

- Allow Wii Mode to use Wii U's own flash memory for storage. It's stupid that I should have to pop in an SD card when I already have a 32 GB flash drive.

- Add Pro Controller support to Wii Mode.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#2NiftyManZPosted 12/14/2012 6:28:20 AM
Faster os.

Better YouTube app.

Other then that I don't really care, and even those above I don't care much either.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#3Zozzilla_MkIIPosted 12/14/2012 6:30:09 AM
What I find really stupid is that if you get sent a friend request via the Miiverse, it shows up in your notifications that you have one and when you accept you show up on eah other's friends lists. If you use the Friends option in the Home button menu, you have no idea if anyone's sent you a friend request and you have to manually add them as well for it to work. It would be VERY good if the Friends list and notifications were integrated into the main menu instead of separate entities, and make it so it tells you if you have a request regardless of where people add you from.
---
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/Devrinna/290zmtu.jpg ~ By itachi15243
#4zender1999Posted 12/14/2012 6:34:52 AM
1 stop the disk from spinning when at the main menu or using other apps
2 eject button on gamepad
3 option to install games on the hard drive, like 360, of course disk still required to play

this will make it perfect
#5digiblasterPosted 12/14/2012 6:38:04 AM
Gencoil posted...
- Allow people to write slightly longer messages in Miiverse, like 150-180 characters instead of 100. I always find myself needing just a few more letters to say what I wanted to say.

I sort of agree, but if the limit increases people will use 150-180 characters and find they need just a few more to say what they wanted to say. It is slightly too low though, I do understand your point.

- When a Wii remote or Pro Controller syncs with the system, have a dialogue box ask if you want to turn off the Gamepad screen.

Well, that could get annoying if you connect four remotes, since you'd get the message repeatedly. It can be turned off manually anyway, and worst case you can just put it in the charging cradle.

- Add an option to display a pop-up message whenever a friend goes online or sends a message to you, or if someone sends a friend request.

I agree fully - I don't notice the home button blinking very often, and it doesn't even stay lit. If you're not looking at the GamePad you'd miss it.

- Allow Wii Mode to use Wii U's own flash memory for storage. It's stupid that I should have to pop in an SD card when I already have a 32 GB flash drive.

I didn't even know that was the case! Definitely fix that.

- Add Pro Controller support to Wii Mode.

I think there's a few technical issues with this - I'm not sure if it can actually be done.

A few of my own:

- OS speed. It's not a big deal, but I'm sure Nintendo could do a little bit of optimisation to get things running a little smoother.

- More demos, I like getting to play a game before I buy it. Obviously they're still getting the ball rolling, but there really aren't many demos at the moment.

- VIRTUAL CONSOLE. I didn't really use the virtual console on the Wii, but I was younger and had no means of paying for it. I missed out on the NES, SNES and N64 and there are a few games I'd love the chance to play.
#6Gencoil(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:53:42 AM(edited)
digiblaster posted...
I sort of agree, but if the limit increases people will use 150-180 characters and find they need just a few more to say what they wanted to say. It is slightly too low though, I do understand your point.

I understand why Nintendo chose such a short limit, so we don't have walls of text in Miiverse, which would take long to scroll through, but a few more letters wouldn't hurt.

Well, that could get annoying if you connect four remotes, since you'd get the message repeatedly. It can be turned off manually anyway, and worst case you can just put it in the charging cradle.

It's just annoying having to do that every time you're playing something that doesn't require the U Pad, I want a more convenient solution that doesn't force me to enter the Home menu each time I write something in Miiverse. My solution would be to only have the box pop up once, when you connect the first Wii remote. If the system keeps detecting more Wii remotes it won't ask again.

- VIRTUAL CONSOLE. I didn't really use the virtual console on the Wii, but I was younger and had no means of paying for it. I missed out on the NES, SNES and N64 and there are a few games I'd love the chance to play.

I think the current setup on Wii U is really holding back Virtual Console sales. It's just too inconvenient for people. And they're bound to get frustrated when they find out they need an SD card because apparently there aren't enough blocks left. The average consumer might think "Wait a minute, I thought this system had 32GB?".
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#7poo111111111111Posted 12/14/2012 7:07:15 AM
- Bring back the weather and news aps. Mainly the weather. While I'm aware that the browser is better I'd just find this useful.

- Miiverse on the main page displaying games that I own. Not filled with games I don't own and have no intention of owning.

- More colours for the Miiverse 'handwriting' area. Lots of people use it for doodles so...

- Synch 3DS and Wii U accounts. I got 20 on the 3DS but cannot transfer it. Or Nintendo can improve their updates and get the Oracle games and the NES/SNES VC on the 3DS quicker

- Miiverse for other topics. Why not a generic Zelda area? generic Metroid etc? Or once a game is announced to allow people to talk about it on Miiverse