Dark Souls 2 Wii U petition tops 10k

#11shawnboutonPosted 12/14/2012 7:45:23 AM
how many sigs does the petition need? 100k?
#12OtakuGameraPosted 12/14/2012 7:51:22 AM
Regardless, DS2 may or may not come, and the odds of it coming are higher than the odds against it, but barring the game being a total flop all around, the next game will definitely be on Wii U as well. The whole reason the first Dark Souls game is even CALLED Dark Souls and not Demons Souls 2 is because they waned to target a bigger audience, hence why they went 360 as well. The PC release, petition or no, was a gamble that clearly paid off, so theres a decent chance that we will at least get a port some time down the road, if not a simultaneous release.

actually demons souls sold roughly 1.4 million vs dark souls 1.6 million so not as huge a difference as you implied.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#13Rasputin77Posted 12/14/2012 7:54:39 AM
Ahh, that's nice, because petitions get things done.
---
GameFAQs - where the word "troll" has 247 definitions. Congrats on watering down a word until it has no effect.
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#14SubZeroChief23Posted 12/14/2012 7:56:09 AM
My predictions:

1. Dark Souls 2 does go to Wii U and most of those signatures don't buy it.
2. It doesn't go to Wii U and those people say "well we don't want last gen games anyway"
#15DarkAdonis123Posted 12/14/2012 8:00:23 AM
I just want the Wii U to have more variety. I think games like Dark Souls 2, Metro Last Light, Far Cry 3, and GTA5 would be good for the system overall. I enjoy Nintendo games, but lets be real here, that's just not enough.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#16trenkenPosted 12/14/2012 8:06:48 AM
First DS sucked. Incredibly generic visuals, no story. I could really live without a sequel.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#17SubZeroChief23Posted 12/14/2012 8:09:50 AM
trenken posted...
First DS sucked. Incredibly generic visuals, no story. I could really live without a sequel.

You must despise Zelda then.
#18DarkAdonis123Posted 12/14/2012 8:10:05 AM
trenken posted...

That's fine and all, but you not caring about it =/= the Wii U shouldn't get it.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#19Undead_YakuzaPosted 12/14/2012 8:15:08 AM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
trenken posted...

You must despise Zelda then.

BURN!!
#20AtrabiliousPosted 12/14/2012 8:38:47 AM
x2link777 posted...

So you too would never buy the game period? Given you're on a Nintendo board, you clearly must be a "spoonfed casual"..

Regardless, DS2 may or may not come, and the odds of it coming are higher than the odds against it, but barring the game being a total flop all around, the next game will definitely be on Wii U as well. The whole reason the first Dark Souls game is even CALLED Dark Souls and not Demons Souls 2 is because they waned to target a bigger audience, hence why they went 360 as well. The PC release, petition or no, was a gamble that clearly paid off, so theres a decent chance that we will at least get a port some time down the road, if not a simultaneous release.

No, it's called Dark Souls because Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls. FromSoft can't legally create a Demon's Souls 2 without the go-ahead from Sony. It wasn't even going to be called Dark Souls to begin with, the original name was Dark Ring.

But yes, we can both agree that the Xbox move was to gain a bigger target audience.

I'm still not inclined to believe that DkS2 for the Wii-U would do anything other than bomb, though. Nintendo does family friendly gaming incredibly well and that's mostly where there appeal has been over the years IMO and what they advertise to. I know the Wii-U has a better line-up for 'hardcore' gamers, AC3 and some others I believe? But I don't think it's going to be to any level of success.

looking at AC3, according to Vgchartz it's sold 3.51m on PS3, 3.21m on Xbox 360 and a grand total of 0.07m on Wii-U.
(worldwide figures, source: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70618/assassins-creed-iii/)

In fairness the Wii-U has been recently released and it's respective version of AC3 hasn't been out long either, but I honestly don't ever see those Wii-U figures getting anywhere close to their counterparts in the future.

The Souls games have sold respectably well, but they've never racked up numbers anything close to that of AC3. They're kind of a niche game in that respect, and their reputation for being supposedly very difficult (even though they're not) would probably put off even more people from buying

I'm not against DkS2 being on the Wii-U, because the more people who get to experience the Souls games the better IMO. But I don't see it being a profitable venture for FromSoft, and I don't see them going for it. But they did surprise us with the PC release for DkS, so you never know.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Currently Frequenting: The Dark Souls & Dragon's Dogma Boards.