Never seen so much HATE for a console, why?

#141Baha05Posted 12/14/2012 8:48:24 PM
songoku0206 posted...
Yeah you're right it is still early to tell but if you're a Wii-U owner only 2013 isn't really looking good. This is why I am waiting because Nintendo has fooled me for the last time they talk about 3rd party support but where is it at? Hopefully 2014 will show some promise.

True but I think we are still assuming too early, especially when people bring up the chart of 2013 games as porting any games from the last generation to the Wii U might be more damaging to the devs then anything.

Also we would hear nothing but "Ha GTA V sold poorly on the Wii U because no adults play on Nintendo systems" and ignoring the fact that they are comparing a console not even a year old to ones that have 7+ years and millions of users.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#142blegit97Posted 12/14/2012 8:50:47 PM
Hardcore gamers hate on the WiiU because the only reason why to buy a WiiU is because you are either a nintendo fanboy or a casual gamer who drooled over the new controller. The new gamepad would of made a great piece of optional hardware like the kinect or the playstation move but no means should define a console. Also, the WiiU lacks the kind of power that is going to separate the current generation from the next generation that is coming within the next couple of years. For all of you nintendo fanboys that are going to call me a graphics whore, power does matter. The more power a system has, the more the developer can do with that system. For this very reason most current gen AAA games didn't make it to Wii.
#143SytherantisPosted 12/14/2012 8:57:47 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64913179

This topic gives a good summary of the valid negative criticisms of the console.
---
Friends don't let friends buy digital clothes with real money.
#144gamebuyer22Posted 12/14/2012 9:00:44 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
I think most of the hate comes from "hardcore" fanboys of Xbox and PS3 who are still butthurt that the underpowered "casual" Wii destroyed the HD Twins last gen.

So if Wii destroyed (up by about 30 million)what would you call what Ps1 (102 million)and Ps2 (155 million)did to N64 (33 million) and GC(21 million)?
#145KANE_79Posted 12/14/2012 9:05:52 PM
I have zero interest in the Wii U but I don't see the need to hate on it if you're not interested in it. I hope that anyone who buys a gaming platform - be it handheld or console - enjoys their purchase.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/KERO79
#146Xenesis XenonPosted 12/14/2012 9:06:41 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
I think most of the hate comes from "hardcore" fanboys of Xbox and PS3 who are still butthurt that the underpowered "casual" Wii destroyed the HD Twins last gen.

So if Wii destroyed (up by about 30 million)what would you call what Ps1 (102 million)and Ps2 (155 million)did to N64 (33 million) and GC(21 million)?

That was pretty much Sony destroying Nintendo, I don't think anyone denies that.

Nintendo just dusted themselves off and came back with the Wii. It was good for them really, they were getting pretty arrogant.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#147doraemonllh1989Posted 12/14/2012 9:07:44 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
gamebuyer22 posted...
kobalobasileus posted...

That was pretty much Sony destroying Nintendo, I don't think anyone denies that.

Nintendo just dusted themselves off and came back with the Wii. It was good for them really, they were getting pretty arrogant.

nintendo got their ass kick pretty hard though,3ds is the only hardware saving them now
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#148MetazoiddPosted 12/14/2012 9:08:54 PM
The_Djoker posted...

PS3 360 combined sold 150 Million. Wii sold now arounnd 100 million. HD console market> Crappy Grandma Wii market.

The wii itself was successful...not because it was good. But because it found a way to get fat 60yr old widowed housewives to play games.

That's not a good argument at all. Combining the sales of two consoles and comparing it to one is not apples to apples.
#149Rasputin77Posted 12/14/2012 9:09:27 PM
Probably because you're paying more attention. There's always hate for a new console. Consider your frame of experience. Which... if you can do, will set you apart from 98% of the users here. ;D
---
GameFAQs - where the word "troll" has 247 definitions. Congrats on watering down a word until it has no effect.
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#150justdontaskPosted 12/14/2012 9:11:09 PM
i got into an argument with my brother about this because he mentioned SSB4...

i told him "ive heard that it isnt a great console, but i still want one."
he said "i couldve told you it sucked because its 2012 and most people just want FPS's like CoD."
"but, look at the wii, there were SO MANY FPS's on there, like LoZ, NSMBW, multiple kirby games, and all these other games we have." (sarcasm, clearly)

he then proceeded to rage and tell me to shut up because i "missed his point"...... nintendo isnt a big fan of FPS as far as i can tell... maybe a few, but not that many...

his opinion, clearly half-assed, had nothing behind it... it couldve worked for ps4 and xbox720, but not wii u... after calming down, i asked again why he hated a console hes read no reviews for, read no topics like this for, or anything... his answer?

he doesnt like the idea of a touch screen controller.......

but he had no idea there were buttons on it too! he thinks a joystick is best for games, im not sure if the wii u pad has one, but i assured him its not *all* touch screen...

then again, ive proven him time and time again to be hardcore fanboy of everything old, but he refuses to admit that he is...

TL;DR if youre wondering why this relates at all, its just that theres always a reason for people to hate the console... but that doesnt mean its a good reason...
---
you can be anyone on the internet, why do you choose to be stupid?