Never seen so much HATE for a console, why?

#151MetazoiddPosted 12/14/2012 9:12:26 PM
toomanymouths posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Because it's outdated, overpriced, has no games, no 3rd party support, relies on being a gimmick to sell, has limited chat options along with a terrible online service, only has 8-32 gb with a 5 gb mandatory install that breaks your console if the power goes out. Need I go on?

Most of this post is ridiculous, but let me try to post a more reasonable response.

Main concerns with the Wii U:
1. Though the technology is more than sufficient for the time being, it may be that when the 720 and ps4 are released, the Wii U looks terrible in comparison. Of course, it will be more than playable, but many have a hard time justifying spending $300-350 for a console that is graphically on par with current consoles.

Hmm you know this how? It's getting ports from last gen and some other games that aren't even pushing the hardware. It's not fair to say this at all yet.
#152MetazoiddPosted 12/14/2012 9:15:29 PM
himrcop posted...
Is this your first system launch? Everybody seems to hate every new system when it comes out. The SNES had a slower processor than the Genesis so people thought it would suck. The 360 had loads of failures right out of the gate and most of the launch games looked like shiny PS2 or Xbox games. The PS3 was way overpriced and the third party developers had trouble making games perform well for it. Remember the N64? It had like one good launch game, Mario 64. My point is this, no system ever launches with its maximum potential already reached and a library of a thousand games on day one. These posts happen every new console, just like the one where the guy posted that he went to four different stores and they all the wii u in stock. A troll PS3 hater posted the same kind of thing in 2006. Did you buy a wii u? Do you like it? Good. If not, good. If it sells well, which it seems to be doing, then the games will come. Issues will get worked out. The ps3 couldn't download stuff in the background when it first released and people complained saying they were dissatisfied and taking their systems back. I hope they did, and I hope somebody got a great deal on it.

Good job. Especially bolded, just so people get some perspective.
#153MechaNapoleonPosted 12/14/2012 9:36:43 PM
Metazoidd posted...
It's getting ports from current gen and some other games that aren't even pushing the hardware.

Fixed, and now acceptable as an answer to the TC. Everyone non-Nintendo fanatic has had this system for 6 years and wanted something more than a new pricey gimmick peripheral.

Though "hate" is a strong word for me personally... there's just no reason whatsoever to want it now. Bayonetta 2 maybe in the future... but I have many doubts that'll be exclusive for very long.
#154Lelouch71Posted 12/14/2012 9:50:24 PM
What system hasn't been hated on?

The PS3, 3DS, PSP, and Wii, and Vita got hated on. All of them except the Vita (for now at least) got better. It just haters and trolls. Don't pay attention to those clowns.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#155gamerguy20097Posted 12/14/2012 10:00:08 PM
Its because its from nintendo. That is THE ONLY REASON. Gamers are immature whiny babies and look at the wiiu and nintendo in general and they just have to justify their manhood and maturity by latching on to what they believe is the "kiddy console"
#156ColorfulColorsPosted 12/14/2012 10:13:25 PM
MechaNapoleon posted...
Metazoidd posted...
It's getting ports from current gen and some other games that aren't even pushing the hardware.

Fixed, and now acceptable as an answer to the TC. Everyone non-Nintendo fanatic has had this system for 6 years and wanted something more than a new pricey gimmick peripheral.

Though "hate" is a strong word for me personally... there's just no reason whatsoever to want it now. Bayonetta 2 maybe in the future... but I have many doubts that'll be exclusive for very long.

Are some of you still going with that Bayonetta 2 "timed exclusive" bullcrap? Its going to be an exclusive because Nintendo is publishing it.
---
SSJ4CHRIS: The troll with anger issues
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#15740DribylfPosted 12/14/2012 10:32:16 PM
Ninja Gaiden II was published by Microsoft

And now it's on two Sony systems with Sigma added to it.

So the fact that Bayo2 is published by Nintendo doesn't really mean anything.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#158midgarPosted 12/14/2012 10:35:37 PM
To be perfectly honest, I just hate non-traditional control schemes. I want a controller, not two sticks to wave around that have buttons on
them. It's not any more precise, useful, intuitive, or comfortable long term. Different? Sometimes, but sure as hell not a better controller.

Try as I might, I absolutely hated the Wii controls as well as other motion controls this gen. I own both a kinnect and a move too, and
neither offers a superior experience when it boils down to just playing games, to a traditional controller. Wii U, even with limited
experience (though some) with it, I can already tell it's Wii all over again. I despise the layout, the unnecessary tablet screen that
serves as a distraction at best, and overall nature of it. I don't need a second screen to make things fun and interesting, I need
quality/challenging game titles not designed with a gimmick controller in mind. Eyes on TV where the action is, hands on controller
without needing to even look down. Just because you CAN do something different, it doesn't mean you should for that reason alone.

If both the next Xbox and PS4 came exclusively with motion controls or something similar to the U Pad, I'd find other things to do. Call me odd,
old, what have you... but I heavily prefer the traditional format. I don't even like the DS/3DS design, either. While some games have made quite
good use of it, I still just can't stand the absurd need for two screens. It doesn't improve, and in fact complicates, the gaming experience.

In fact, why didn't Nintendo ride the tablet fad train with the next handheld? A Wii U pad with 3D would have been a superb portable design.
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#159ajko000Posted 12/14/2012 11:02:26 PM
Opinions, which are perfectly valid, but every hate topic gets reported as trolling.

Trolling is encouraging and consciously pursuing negative reactions and responses. Just because someone posts their opinion it means they're a troll.

In a nutshell, those people are completely F*cking stupid.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#160Baha05Posted 12/14/2012 11:05:32 PM
ajko000 posted...
Opinions, which are perfectly valid, but every hate topic gets reported as trolling.

Trolling is encouraging and consciously pursuing negative reactions and responses. Just because someone posts their opinion it means they're a troll.

In a nutshell, those people are completely F*cking stupid.

Reason most hate topics are reported for trolling is because they are trolling. Because you can troll people with an opinion, look I could do it now

"Sony sucks and only appeals to JRPG fantrolls"

You see that? If I were to post my "Opinion" on Sony in the Sony specific forums I would be trolling them because my opinion invokes a negative reaction, I can continue doing so by brushing off legit counter arguments and points against my "opinion"

It's not hard to rile people up.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz