Never seen so much HATE for a console, why?

#161midgarPosted 12/14/2012 11:14:51 PM
Since we all have opinions, I guess we're all trolls then.

Case closed!
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#162Sailor GoonPosted 12/14/2012 11:18:18 PM
Metazoidd posted...
toomanymouths posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Because it's outdated, overpriced, has no games, no 3rd party support, relies on being a gimmick to sell, has limited chat options along with a terrible online service, only has 8-32 gb with a 5 gb mandatory install that breaks your console if the power goes out. Need I go on?

Most of this post is ridiculous, but let me try to post a more reasonable response.

Main concerns with the Wii U:
1. Though the technology is more than sufficient for the time being, it may be that when the 720 and ps4 are released, the Wii U looks terrible in comparison. Of course, it will be more than playable, but many have a hard time justifying spending $300-350 for a console that is graphically on par with current consoles.

Hmm you know this how? It's getting ports from last gen and some other games that aren't even pushing the hardware. It's not fair to say this at all yet.

If they arent pushing the hardware, why are the games obviously stuttering on the system, and why have the devs cut back on the games? Lower res textures, poorer lighting techniques, missing graphical artifacts....
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#163supremeblasterPosted 12/14/2012 11:21:10 PM
You are clearly ignorant then.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita
This is the sanctuary of HATE.
#164Haseo18615Posted 12/14/2012 11:24:14 PM
People are seriously resorting to the "IT HAZ NO GAEMZ" bit when the Wii U isn't even a month old? Try harder, lads.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?-envoyofuno
#165GeminiX7Posted 12/14/2012 11:25:45 PM
You must be new to gaming if you honestly believe the WiiU recieves "more hate" than any other console. Every single one went through this sort of nonsense, without exception. Up until say, two years ago, if not less, every other 360 topic was one talking about how thier system getting RROD trying to open a game, or complaining that all 360 games were shooters and that if it didn't have tacked on multiplayer it wouldn't do well at all. The Ps3 "not having any games" was pretty much it's own meme for the longest time. Before that it was talking about the piss poor launch games(don't remember the focus on the price and "flipping over giant crabs for massive damage"? The Vita was(and is) called a flop in at least 40% of topics on it's board, and before that it was the 3DS.

Every system has to deal with this nonsense. If you believe otherwise, then you either just started gaming, or are so blinded that you ignore obvious trends just so you can play the victim.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#166GunzleaderPosted 12/15/2012 12:14:13 AM
? i don't see why i love ms and sony and nintendo...
-sigh- some people.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#167ajko000Posted 12/15/2012 12:15:31 AM
Baha05 posted...
ajko000 posted...
Opinions, which are perfectly valid, but every hate topic gets reported as trolling.

Trolling is encouraging and consciously pursuing negative reactions and responses. Just because someone posts their opinion it means they're a troll.

In a nutshell, those people are completely F*cking stupid.

Reason most hate topics are reported for trolling is because they are trolling. Because you can troll people with an opinion, look I could do it now

"Sony sucks and only appeals to JRPG fantrolls"

You see that? If I were to post my "Opinion" on Sony in the Sony specific forums I would be trolling them because my opinion invokes a negative reaction, I can continue doing so by brushing off legit counter arguments and points against my "opinion"

It's not hard to rile people up.

You're right, but there needs to be a limit, trolling shouldn't be a moddable act.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#168silverbulltPosted 12/15/2012 12:21:52 AM
ajko000 posted...
Baha05 posted...
ajko000 posted...
Opinions, which are perfectly valid, but every hate topic gets reported as trolling.

Trolling is encouraging and consciously pursuing negative reactions and responses. Just because someone posts their opinion it means they're a troll.

In a nutshell, those people are completely F*cking stupid.

Reason most hate topics are reported for trolling is because they are trolling. Because you can troll people with an opinion, look I could do it now

"Sony sucks and only appeals to JRPG fantrolls"

You see that? If I were to post my "Opinion" on Sony in the Sony specific forums I would be trolling them because my opinion invokes a negative reaction, I can continue doing so by brushing off legit counter arguments and points against my "opinion"

It's not hard to rile people up.

You're right, but there needs to be a limit, trolling shouldn't be a moddable act.

People need to stop replying to troll threads and ignore troll posts in threads. They thrive on attention, but i'm sure yall know that already..
#169DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/15/2012 12:35:37 AM
Never seen so much HATE for a console, why?

Because you clearly haven't been around very long.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#170nmnm100Posted 12/15/2012 12:48:49 AM
Kano92 posted...
How can the Wii U be next gen if the games run in 720p ?

The wii u games with time will have better textures and lighting and such but they won't be able to bump the res to 1080p unless they don't mind the games run below 30fps. Which that would make the game unplayable.

It JUST CAME OUT! Look at the launch games of the Xbox and PS3, Heck, the launch games of ANY console never look as good nor take advantage of the console they're released for. I mean, for the longest time PS1 games looked like crud, but near the end of its life we had games like Spyro 3 or FF9 that looked absolutely amazing (to me at least).

Its about development time and being able to optimize the games. Right now, it has nothing to do with "already obsolete" hardware, and has everything to do with how much dev time and resources the games were given. Not to mention that coding for a NEW console and learning how to code for it is a process that takes time. It doesn't happen right at launch, even 1st party titles hardly ever look as good at launch compared to games from the same series down the line.

As of right now, the WiiU has the graphical capabilities of the PS3 or better, just look at the tech demos they showed at E3 when they announced it, its clear it has the ability to display in 1080 and with beautiful smooth graphics to boot (The Zelda tech demo).

Companies had relativity short development time for the games that are out right now. That topped with having to code for something they've never dealt with before doesn't beget graphical powerhouses. You can't expect a giant leap from the current gen with launch titles, especially with a system that isn't much better in terms of graphics and processing power than what is already out. Does that mean its bad/worse than the other consoles? NO. I'm just waiting for better games and more 1st party titles like Metroid, Zelda, and a 3D Mario. Not to mention all of the 3rd party devs that have promised to release games on the new console. (Go watch the last E3 Confrence or go to Nintendo Direct's website if you don't believe me)

I think that everyone here just wants to hate on Nintendo. As soon as the whole "COD/Shooter genera because the "big gaming thing", Nintendo started being called the gay/f*g baby console just because it didn't sport all of the same war games that the Xbox/Ps3 did. Not to mention that graphics, which honestly shouldn't matter to gameplay, have become the selling point of all of the games. Shouldn't it be about the games that are the most fun, not the ones that look the best?

Nintendo is trying to listen to fans, and give them a more traditional controller (The pro), and the HD graphics, while also giving their previous more casual audience something to do (The second screen gimmick). They're not trying to harm you in any way, and saying "The wiiU is gay, only f*gs want to play that obsolete piece of crap ect" isn't doing anything to help people have fun or helping in any way. If you want to complain, go back to the Xbox360 and PS3 boards and praise those instead of tearing down a console that hasn't even had the chance to show its potential. I don't know why everyone is so negitive. I can understand being angry about the stupid choices on Nintendo's part (bricking consoles and storage sizes), but bashing it day 1 is just stupid. Give the thing a chance.

You can call me all the names you want, but its not going to matter. At least I know what I'm talking about, and put some thought into what I posted.
---
I don't get A's, I get S's!