Never seen so much HATE for a console, why?

#31toomanymouthsPosted 12/14/2012 1:53:59 PM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Because it's outdated, overpriced, has no games, no 3rd party support, relies on being a gimmick to sell, has limited chat options along with a terrible online service, only has 8-32 gb with a 5 gb mandatory install that breaks your console if the power goes out. Need I go on?

Most of this post is ridiculous, but let me try to post a more reasonable response.

Main concerns with the Wii U:
1. Though the technology is more than sufficient for the time being, it may be that when the 720 and ps4 are released, the Wii U looks terrible in comparison. Of course, it will be more than playable, but many have a hard time justifying spending $300-350 for a console that is graphically on par with current consoles.
2. The GamePad has limited reach. Should you want to play on the GamePad in your bedroom (if the system is in the living room), you very well may not be able to, depending on where you live.
3. The GamePad is expensive. Of course, they don't even sell additional ones unless yours breaks (at the moment), but I am paranoid of mine breaking. Never before has a console controller been both this expensive AND fragile.
4. The Wii U has poor WIFI reception.
5. The chat functions on the Wii U are behind the 360 and ps3.
6. Usage of the Wii remote. Many don't like the Wii Remote in either the way it feels, the way it drains batteries, etc. It is generally less comfortable than the 360 or PS3 controllers. The GamePad feels much better in your hands, however it is also heavy to hold and a bit clunky. Of course, the GamePad has other benefits, but if you want to play multiplayer you have to use Wii Remotes.

Things that aren't problems:
1. A gimmick. The Wii was pretty gimmicky. The Wii U simply isn't. The touchscreen works and can provide a huge benefit to MANY games. I am excited to play games where the immersion isn't spoiled by a pause menu. Now it can be on my controller while the game never stops.
2. A bad selection of games. Already, Nintendo is showing they are going after 3rd party support. This isn't even necessary considering Nintendo has such amazing 1st party titles. Still, I am looking forward to exclusive Rayman :) And btw, NSMBU is BY FAR better than anything else in the "New" series. The Wii version was a step in the right direction, but the Wii U version hits the spot. In fact, it's on par with titles like SMB3 and SMW.
3. Poor internet connection. It works fine; the only problem is connecting in the first place. Many people have to manually input their information, and placement of the Wii U can cause problems (poor reception).
4. Bad storage. 32 gb storage is plenty. The system was made to work with a hard drive.... Honestly, I don't know who purchases digital copies of games anyway, unless the games are only available digitally....
#32The_Juzi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 1:55:34 PM
Kano92 posted...
How can the Wii U be next gen if the games run in 720p ?
Next gen is going to be about 1080p. Almost all tv's sold now are 1080p. Come on nintendo, 720p is like 2005.

According lens of truth site the wii u currently has problems keeping up with this current gen falling short often when it comes to frames per second. Theres no way they can sustain game at a native res of 1080p. If you don't believe me go the lens of truth site and check the head to head articles see for you self. Even eurogamer site has some head to head comparisons, look for it.

The wii u games with time will have better textures and lighting and such but they won't be able to bump the res to 1080p unless they don't mind the games run below 30fps. Which that would make the game unplayable.

Rayman Legends confirmed to run at 1080p 60fps they say.
Let me tell you 2D is easy to get higher resultions. Lets see them do a fully 3D game at 1080p at 60fps.

Some say they can just optimize the games when PS4 & XBOX 720 comes out. I say how can they optimize to anything more when it's already lagging right now compared to whats out right now. What a joke. Theres no way they will optimize the wii u games one day to just suddenly play in native 1080p without major drop in fps. If the wii u could do 1080p native in it's games they would done by now especially nintendo making there own first party games for their system. Xbox 720 & PS4 will have 1080p games no doubt about it. Do you really think 3rd party compaines really take the time to port a downgrade to 720p for one console. The wii u won't be able to handle next gens games, unless they handicap/gypped the game on purpose for the wii u sake so it would run on all three systems. But that would be dumb cause we would not see the potential for the next gen. God I hope not, cause that would hold back the true next gen games.

And how much does all that cost at launch?

Bile
---
'In 6 months we'll be stealing Erno's nose..' - Woody Allen
#33DemonDog666Posted 12/14/2012 1:56:33 PM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Because it's outdated, overpriced, has no games, no 3rd party support, relies on being a gimmick to sell, has limited chat options along with a terrible online service, only has 8-32 gb with a 5 gb mandatory install that breaks your console if the power goes out. Need I go on?

This
#34The_Juzi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 1:57:21 PM
I read somewhere that the 360 had a 50% failure rate at launch and microsoft ended up being sued!

How is that a 'success'?
---
#35The_Juzi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 1:57:45 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...

This

Bile
---
#3640DribylfPosted 12/14/2012 1:58:56 PM
I read somewhere that the 360 had a 50% failure rate at launch and microsoft ended up being sued!

How is that a 'success'?

I was victim to 4 of my 360's failing on me due to overheating/improper thermal paste application

So yeah, being a 360 owner sucked those first 3 years
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#37The_DjokerPosted 12/14/2012 2:00:27 PM
The_Djoker posted...
The_Djoker posted...
- Lazy Software design
- Terribly slow
- No secure accounts
- Overly expensive
- Average games being overhyped like Zombie U and NSMBU.

Wii U represents everything that is wrong with Nintendo this generation. Lazy, Greedy and Ignorant.

^ And i have a basic Wii U with 2 games.

Good for you. Your point is?

That i'm not in denial about the Wii U shortcomings?

Well that's good to hear but many people are.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#38silverbulltPosted 12/14/2012 2:00:41 PM
40Dribylf posted...

How is that a 'success'?

I was victim to 4 of my 360's failing on me due to overheating/improper thermal paste application

So yeah, being a 360 owner sucked those first 3 years

You have lead free solder to thank for that fiasco. No ammount of thermal paste would have saved it.
#39The_Juzi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 2:01:38 PM
The_Djoker posted...
The_Djoker posted...
The_Djoker posted...
- Lazy Software design
- Terribly slow
- No secure accounts
- Overly expensive
- Average games being overhyped like Zombie U and NSMBU.

Wii U represents everything that is wrong with Nintendo this generation. Lazy, Greedy and Ignorant.

^ And i have a basic Wii U with 2 games.

Good for you. Your point is?

That i'm not in denial about the Wii U shortcomings?

Well that's good to hear but many people are.

get a room
---
#40ultronPosted 12/14/2012 2:03:00 PM
The system's been out a month, lack of games is more or less expected with the rate people burn through games now anyways. The same issues people are spouting now are consistent with the same things as the other consoles during their first months, nothing new.
At least the Wii U's doing better than the Vita...

As for the hate, it's the internet, it's full of trolls, just ignore them.