Never seen so much HATE for a console, why?

#61Helmsly2008Posted 12/14/2012 2:32:52 PM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Because it's outdated, overpriced, has no games, no 3rd party support, relies on being a gimmick to sell, has limited chat options along with a terrible online service, only has 8-32 gb with a 5 gb mandatory install that breaks your console if the power goes out. Need I go on?

All good reasons.
#62GM_Posted 12/14/2012 2:33:05 PM
It's like this for every new console launch.
#63Baha05Posted 12/14/2012 2:33:59 PM
Helmsly2008 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Because it's outdated, overpriced, has no games, no 3rd party support, relies on being a gimmick to sell, has limited chat options along with a terrible online service, only has 8-32 gb with a 5 gb mandatory install that breaks your console if the power goes out. Need I go on?

All good reasons.

No all of those are pretty bad reasons given the fact it's a console that just launched.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#641shadetail1Posted 12/14/2012 2:35:11 PM
The only good thing about troll bait topics like this is that it baits out the trolls, so I can clean up the forum a bit more by giving my ignore list some more padding.

Of course, that wouldn't be necessary if the moderators weren't incompetent lay-abouts who refused to do their jobs.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#6540DribylfPosted 12/14/2012 2:35:49 PM
Stop using the word "troll"

Please, I beg you all.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#66Helmsly2008Posted 12/14/2012 2:42:24 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...

All good reasons.

No all of those are pretty bad reasons given the fact it's a console that just launched.

I don't see how his reasons are suddenly negated because the console just launched. Is the console going to be less outdated in the future?
#67endoflevelbossPosted 12/14/2012 2:39:57 PM
40Dribylf posted...
Stop using the word "troll"

Please, I beg you all.

Goblin sighted.
#6840DribylfPosted 12/14/2012 2:42:44 PM
I don't see how his reasons are suddenly negated because the console just launched. Is the console going to less outdated in the future?

I fail to see how it will be "outdated", seeing how it uses current tech. Low-end tech, but current. And the games built from the ground-up for the Wii U look fine. And those are launch games.

If the games are still fun and engaging, it doesn't matter.

Just wait for it to lower in price and get it with a Sony or MS system, it's not that difficult.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#69mashuPosted 12/14/2012 2:43:31 PM
The Wii had some fantastic games that shouldn't have been missed by anyone, but its still true that it also had long spells of mediocre titles and not much going on outside of first party games. The Wii U follows that up as its namesake, so it has more to prove and more respect to re-earn - even though Nintendo is behind it. I'd wager most of it comes from sentiments such as these.
#70himrcopPosted 12/14/2012 2:43:42 PM
Is this your first system launch? Everybody seems to hate every new system when it comes out. The SNES had a slower processor than the Genesis so people thought it would suck. The 360 had loads of failures right out of the gate and most of the launch games looked like shiny PS2 or Xbox games. The PS3 was way overpriced and the third party developers had trouble making games perform well for it. Remember the N64? It had like one good launch game, Mario 64. My point is this, no system ever launches with its maximum potential already reached and a library of a thousand games on day one. These posts happen every new console, just like the one where the guy posted that he went to four different stores and they all the wii u in stock. A troll PS3 hater posted the same kind of thing in 2006. Did you buy a wii u? Do you like it? Good. If not, good. If it sells well, which it seems to be doing, then the games will come. Issues will get worked out. The ps3 couldn't download stuff in the background when it first released and people complained saying they were dissatisfied and taking their systems back. I hope they did, and I hope somebody got a great deal on it.
---
XBL MiK3yZ PSN MiK3n8r Wii: a bunch of random numbers....