How many Wii and Wii U games can fit on the 8GB and 32GB Wii U models?

#1Lucario_ftwPosted 12/14/2012 5:40:19 PM
I'm thinking about getting a Wii U in the future, but I'm waiting for more games to come out for it first. I also want to play some Wii games that I've missed out on. For those of you that own a Wii U, should I go ahead and get a 8GB or 32GB model?
---
PSN: Lucario_ftw
#2picanoPosted 12/14/2012 5:42:40 PM(edited)
If you're planning on making a lot of digital purchases, black with the Digital Promotion.

Really, since you can use an external harddrive the space on the console itself shouldn't be a factor.

Also, it'll vary --- some games might take only 4, others might take up to 10.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#3ADHDguitarPosted 12/14/2012 5:42:17 PM
You can't download Wii games onto the system. You have to own the disk.

The 8GB model will hold like 1 Wii U game, the 32 will hold like 3-6 depending on the games.

Either get a hard drive or buy the games in a store.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4Lucario_ftw(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 5:46:19 PM(edited)
I forgot to mention that I'm going to be purchasing physical copies of games (unless they're download only), not downloading them on the store.
---
PSN: Lucario_ftw
#5ADHDguitarPosted 12/14/2012 5:46:52 PM
Are you talking about save files?

Save files are incredibly small. Do not worry.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 12/14/2012 5:47:05 PM
Well, if you're going retail only, then basically either console choice is fine, the download-only titles aren't that big. Though 32GB is the best choice of all.
#7nilesthebravePosted 12/14/2012 7:43:26 PM
If you're not planning on downloading much, either will be fine. Wii had 512MB and I never filled it up and I had it since launch day. I didn't use virtual console at all though since I pretty much still have all the games I've ever owned from the '80s on.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#8banzaiheilPosted 12/14/2012 8:05:23 PM
nilesthebrave posted...
If you're not planning on downloading much, either will be fine. Wii had 512MB and I never filled it up and I had it since launch day. I didn't use virtual console at all though since I pretty much still have all the games I've ever owned from the '80s on.

Conversely, I did buy a lot of VC titles because in the early gens I was a kid and didn't wise up to the idea of keeping things like that until the tail end of the N64/PS1 era. So the 512mb was a major pain for me.

Now I have a 32gb Wii U and all my VC titles transferred to the new account but guess what? The Wii U's "Wii Mode" still limits it to 512mb worth and the same limit on "channels." *facepalm*
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!